Thread: Ideas from the RP Conference

Ideas from the RP Conference

I've listed here a few ideas from the Roleplayer's Conference so that we continue the disscusion off-line.

Please note I do not take credit for these ideas nor do necessarily agree with all of them, and I am sure I've missed something out. So please feel free to add or amend.

1. In game object (note pad) to write on so that players can pass notes,
    business cards, love letters.
    This is covered in full on the following thread in FC Envisioned section:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=10676

2. A class of objects that when dropped can be picked up by other players and which does not vanish within 2 minutes (as in the old days). Essential for any "find hidden item"
    or "treasure hunt" style mission. The note pad object described above should have this property.

3. The ability to "book" existing locations for a limited period of time. For instance a guild could book in advance the "Omni-Ent Arena" or the "Steps of Madness" for an of hour on a specific date. These sites would remain public for the vast majority of the time, with perhaps one bookable slot per week.

4. The ability to create simple missions so that for instance finding a player character in the mission area can actually be the objective. Obviously this should subject to Xp or loot exploits.

5. A roleplaying flag of sorts, like for instance, a different color in the name displayed overhead with the show-all option.
    The aim is to help rolepayers find each other.

6. A roleplayers channel (similar to the OOC channel) or some sort of in game bulletin board where one can leave messages.

7. Roleplayers should perhaps use /whispers more than /tells as a way of getting bystanders involved in our roleplaying.

Regards,

Savoy
    South Rubi-Ka Society
    http://rubika.no-ip.org/srs/srs.htm

Re: Ideas from the RP Conference

Originally posted by Savoy
    1. In game object (note pad) to write on so that players can pass notes,
    business cards, love letters.
    I was hoping that this is what the "Blank Forms" currently in game would be used for.

What you could do is buy a blank form, and when you right-clicked on it, get a big blank window where you could type your text. You could then use the ID-data item (ID-extractor + Hologram Camera) to "digitally sign" your document.

This could be used for player-created missions, declarations of war, contracts, or even for stuff like an in-game copy of the Tir Accord, etc.

I have to say after reading your little thing that it seems like your confrense was more joke than action. Well suppose it happens with everything were anyone can come

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Full transcripts

I think I should post this here as well. Sorry Savoy for partially hijacking this thread.

The complete transcripts of which, the introductory speeches are ONLY a small [okay, rather long - ed] can also be found at http://rubika.no-ip.org/rpcentral/info/rpconf476A

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Eheh ! All these Ideas ar very good, except the whisper between RP player.... but that's my point of view I think that you can be contagious when begib to do RP and some players around look at you, and then become more RP coze they had like the way you were... you see ??

Ok, but all the others ideas are definitely great ! And not too hard too do, mr Funcom...

((RahZelK the NanoTech))

=====NanoCrystals' Maker=====

[EMail : rahzelk@hotmail.com]
    [Website : http://www.lostsouls.t2u.com]
    =====18:00 to 23:00 GMT+1=====

-=[Fellowship of the Lost Souls]=-