Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICC in bombing threat horror!

ICC in bombing threat horror!

Independent news feed
    Origin Andromeda, ICC HQ
    Date March 10

<incoming transmission>

The scene at the I.C.C. Headquarters in Andromeda is one of confusion tonight. A lone nanomage male was shot down in the process of setting a small thermo nuclear device to explode. Several guards and members of the public sustained minor injuries from a small explosion and the nanomage was sent to reclaim by the vigilant I.C.C. guards before the device was detonated.

The device, a ‘homemade’ thermo nuclear bomb, would have caused devastation if it had exploded. Fortunately it appeared the device was not wired correctly and so did not work as intended, much to the relief of the I.C.C. workers and innocent members of the public.

Sgt Freidal of the I.C.C. peacekeeping force was one of the first to realize what was happening.
    “This guy ran in, screaming about nemawhatsits and how we are killing them all. I saw he had this large package and when he dropped it I realized what was happening, we’re trained for this sort of thing. I acted on instinct and blew the sucker away.”

Recordings of the incident picked up the assailants last words
    P…P….Polluters!
    Y….your K….K…Killing us all
    T..the nematodes, T…they’re D….D….Dieing
    I…..I’ll S….Show Y….You All

The package was later confirmed by I.C.C. bomb disposal experts to be a nuclear device.

Travelers passing through the time of the incident were severely shaken, several had to be treated for minor shrapnel wounds and shock. Several were heard to say
    “I am surprised the gunfire didn’t set the bomb off”

The guards are remaining vigilant in case of further attacks and are on high alert. The identity of the lone bomber is not known, but DNA scans from the bomb do not match any known Omni-Tek employee. High ranking clan officials were also quick to denounce the incident and have offered clan DNA records to the I.C.C. in order to bring the perpetrator to justice.

<transmission ends>
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Unfortuneatly when you push people into a corner they sometimes resort to drastic actions. It is sad indeed that this man was pushed so far. I just hope we can all stay under control and remember we haven't come to last resort actions...yet.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

From the desk of Major McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

Aye Aazamon, I think this poor soul has been pushed too far and taken things into his own hands. I wouldnt be surprised if there are more incidents of this nature in the near future.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Once again proving that many so called 'environmentalists' are nothing more than hypocritical, insane lunatics, this piece of news information allows us to look at the more fringe element of that society and understand why it has no place in normal society.

Detonating a thermonuclear device would have devestating ramifications on local flora and fauna in the Andromeda region around ICC, but this madman seemed to think it was the right thing to save the environment. Does that fall into the category of the old phrase 'you always hurt the ones you love'?

And instead of BORPAC members loudly, vehemently, and immediately condeming the attempted use of a WMD with well known and documented ecological side affects, we instead see them expressing their sympathy for a 'man pushed too far'.

Need I remind you that home built thermonuclear devices have a tendency to be 'dirty'? To spray radioactive materials into the atmosphere and saturating the surrounding area? Need I also remind you that thermonuclear detonations at ground level send up larger clouds of dust and partciles than airbursts do?

Sad as it is, I likely do. The BORPAC alliance is still pondering how an area that was historically fallow of notum might just be low on notum quantities to this day.

I challenge you, Dr. Tiny, to formally condem this man, and ask your peer within the NLF to do the same, perhaps showing that there still is room for decency within your organization, instead of offering moral support for those terrorist that would use WMDs to destroy Rubi-Ka, that which you claim to wish to save so fervently.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Nanomages have been yelling about notum depletion for quite a long time. What has the response been? Deregulation of Notum mining by the ICC. How much more yelling do they have to do? I see this as only the first of such incidents.

For all the posturing that is done about the dangers of notum mining, the so-called environmentalists seem more concerned with preserving the cute, fuzzy leets than their own families. Leets are mutants that are so robust that they reproduce at an alarming rate. Nanomages are people, they're your siblings, parents and children. I'm all for making a profit, but not by way of genocide.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Poor fool. He sounds like he was brainwashed by one of these radical environmental organization. They are like a...cult! I wouldn't be suprised if the BORPACT members pushed this poor soul into it to draw attention to their "cause".
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

They are a clut, Vixentrox. Preaching their religious propaganda and asking people to follow them based on 'faith' alone, considering they have no actual proof nor will provide any.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    They are like a...cult!
    A cult is a group of dissilutioned followers of Charasmatic madmen.
    It would be more accurate to describe Omni-Tek as a cult. Omni-tek is a group of mindless followers of Philip Ross.

To love the planet Rubi-ka is senseable. To resist her destruction is required. If a bomb is required to eliminate a threat, then its use is justified.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

A nuclear bomb spreading radiation and fallout? That makes oh so much sense.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Look at it as surgery if you will.

Rubi-Ka has a cancer of greed and destruction spreading. The planet shall recover quickly from any radiation released. Fortunately, the disease will not.
    ======================

Originally posted by Blix

A cult is a group of dissilutioned followers of Charasmatic madmen.
    It would be more accurate to describe Omni-Tek as a cult. Omni-tek is a group of mindless followers of Philip Ross.

To love the planet Rubi-ka is senseable. To resist her destruction is required. If a bomb is required to eliminate a threat, then its use is justified.
    'A bomb'? This, my friend, was a thermonuclear device. No crude 'bomb'. It my have been crude by the standards of thermonuclear devices, but was still a radiation and fallout spewing monstrosity. Do you have even the concept of the amount of real, immediate damage these things can do to an ecostructure?

Also, I believe no study has yet to be made on the affect of a full sized thermonuclear device of weapon size yield on an insured individual. Does the psychic energy that makes up the life force survive the high explosion, radiation, and EMP affect, or does it disapate, resolving in a permanent death?

There is no justification to ever use WMDs, specifically nuclear devices. The fact that yet another BORPAC member has shown sympathy with this madman and has yet to condemn his actions as an atrocity speaks volumes for the reputation of BORPAC itself, as well as its own agenda.

Now, to take Blix's statement to it's logical (and slightly ridiculous) extreme: Let's pull out the crust busters to save the planet! Let's shatter the tectonic makeup of the planet causing potential disinegration to save the Stret River nematodes! That'll protect them! Those evil Omni-Teks and Clanners will see the errors of their ways and start saving the now... collapsed... and shattered... ring of asteroids... wait. It was 'just' a bomb.

There is no such thing as 'just a bomb'.
    Bureaucrat
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Originally posted by Blix
    Look at it as surgery if you will.

Rubi-Ka has a cancer of greed and destruction spreading. The planet shall recover quickly from any radiation released. Fortunately, the disease will not.
    Ahem.

Wrong.

Do you know how long a radiation hotspot can remain? Centuries.

You sir are one of a few things: insane, an idiot, or a shortsighted fool.

You pick.
    Bureaucrat

Originally posted by Maxilon

Ahem.

Wrong.

Do you know how long a radiation hotspot can remain? Centuries.

Centuries is but a heartbeat's duration for Rubi-Ka.
    ======================

I see....oh...kill off the notum miners but irradiate the planet so all your children have birth defects...if you even survive. After all, who knows what effect it would have on the bio-spher? Don't forget this is a realativly closed off environment.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Do you alos claim responsibilty for the attempted boming at Rompa last Thursday, witnessed by Twidgett, Crattyjack and myself and prevented by Eternalforce of Omni-Pol's prompt and decisive intervention?

Sincerely,

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

The BORPACT alliance spews rhetoric about liberating the Nanomage people and Rubi-Ka, and yet you admit that you'd be willing to use a nuclear device to further your own agenda.

A device with the potential to leave Rubi-Ka devastated for centuries...

A device that could lead to the destruction of everyone on Rubi-Ka, including the Nanomages you claim you want to save...

Your words condemn your alliance far more then my own ever could, Blix.

Anybody who doubts the fact that BORPACT is made up of terrorists is either an idiot, or another terrorist.
    Last edited by Rejkavik; Mar 11th, 2003 at 18:31:30.

Originally posted by Nevver
    Nanomages have been yelling about notum depletion for quite a long time. What has the response been? Deregulation of Notum mining by the ICC. How much more yelling do they have to do? I see this as only the first of such incidents.

For all the posturing that is done about the dangers of notum mining, the so-called environmentalists seem more concerned with preserving the cute, fuzzy leets than their own families. Leets are mutants that are so robust that they reproduce at an alarming rate. Nanomages are people, they're your siblings, parents and children. I'm all for making a profit, but not by way of genocide.
    Apparently, yelling wasn't enough. Nobody listened. Everyone poo-pooed the Nanomages and mining deregulation went ahead full steam with everyone and their brother staking a claim. What did you all expect to happen? These people rightfully fear for their lives! Maybe their method of getting attention wasn't well thought out, but apparently no other methods have been working. It looks like they have your attention now.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

(ooc)

Has Funcom said anything about Notum being a limited resource?Everything I have read about it seems to indicate that it could never be depleted, because it is too abundant.
    Last edited by Rejkavik; Mar 11th, 2003 at 18:50:11.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Do you alos claim responsibilty for the attempted boming at Rompa last Thursday, witnessed by Twidgett, Crattyjack and myself and prevented by Eternalforce of Omni-Pol's prompt and decisive intervention?

Sincerely,

Dabblez
    I don't know who you are addressing, but if it's me: I do not claim responsibility. Nor DID I claim responsibity for the ICC bombing. I am only voicing my support.
    ======================

Originally posted by Nevver
    Apparently, yelling wasn't enough. Nobody listened. Everyone poo-pooed the Nanomages and mining deregulation went ahead full steam with everyone and their brother staking a claim. What did you all expect to happen? These people rightfully fear for their lives! Maybe their method of getting attention wasn't well thought out, but apparently no other methods have been working. It looks like they have your attention now.
    Nevver,

Don't apologize for them. Hypocracy stands on its own. Our sub-breed of human is not 'on the verge of extinction', and in fact, is not in danger at this time. Until such time as a final study can be performed that all sides concur on (OT, Clans, Neutral... or at least two of the three) when the notum supply MIGHT run out (again, we don't know if it will either), then simple steps can be taken to ensure that no nanomage is left to die on Rubi-Ka for notum deprivation.

Those steps are simple: cessation of injetion of notum into Solitus featuses (creating Nanomages), and offering genetic reversal to those Nanomages that are healthy enough to receive it, allowing a return to their birth Solitus state. This would allow them to leave the planet with ease.

Taking methodical, rational steps to solve this issue is the best course of action. Following the path of madness and destruction is a fool's errand, and should never be accepted.

I speak this as a nanomage.

I a human being shackled to this planet.

I am not so vain to believe that the concept of the nanomage 'race' (breed, really) has any greater right to its genetic uniqueness than any other creature. A human has the right to live, but there may be a point in time where the smartest thing to do is to choose not to be a nanomage. Logic dictates that this choice should be made when it is available.

I do not forsee this happening for generations to come. I do not forsee running out of the notum for centuries to come so long as we mine it responsibly, with proper legal restrictions and permits to apply to it. Even Omni-Tek sees this and mines slowly instead of strip mining the planet. Let's not give the ICC a reason to send in a worse Corporation (or worse, more than one).
    Bureaucrat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast