Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: entering game in walk mode

Correct me if I am wrong

... but didn't we already have this "bug" in beta3 after some 11.* patch? It was fixed too if my memory serves me right... Why are the bugs from beta are making their way back into the live version?!

Strange...

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Happens to my lvl 51 NT as well.

Another thing that happens is if he was in run mode before entering his plane then enters an indoor playfield while still in plane mode he is in walk mode again.

Not that I am whining as I know where the backspace key is =)

Didn't know about the Shift + # to scroll the quickbar though. Thx Benna

or that Shift and Up Arrow scrolled to a previously entered message. I don't tend to repeat myself but is still handy to know. Thx foolish_child

Re: Correct me if I am wrong

Originally posted by Nexuss
    ... but didn't we already have this "bug" in beta3 after some 11.* patch? It was fixed too if my memory serves me right... Why are the bugs from beta are making their way back into the live version?!

Strange...

Hmm...I do remember something about this...I think.
    Doesn't sounds like a critical bug...

I can't remember ALL the bugs from the beta...

But I still have nightmares about invisible walls and mirror doors.

"Help I'm in a mission and I can't get out!"
    I miss LadyE.

How about invisible mobs in BS missions and mort dungeon...

Creep.

Originally posted by Creep
    How about invisible mobs in BS missions and mort dungeon...

Creep.
    I loved the pink cube mob that did invisible damage.

It hits you once...then you die. Doesn't matter if you run scream beg or cry....you will die. Nobody escapes the PINK CUBE!!!
    I miss LadyE.

Sort of related to the original topic, why doesn't anyone walk? Granted, I run 90% of the time (well, I actually tool around in my kodiak most of the time), but I do a lot of walking in the cities if I'm in no particular hurry for anything. I think it does a lot to add to the atmosphere (afterall, who runs ALL the time in real life?).

Walking is good if you're going faster than your friend and you have to slow down for them to catch up.

Also if you say /g team ...it will speak only to the team

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    Sort of related to the original topic, why doesn't anyone walk? Granted, I run 90% of the time (well, I actually tool around in my kodiak most of the time), but I do a lot of walking in the cities if I'm in no particular hurry for anything. I think it does a lot to add to the atmosphere (afterall, who runs ALL the time in real life?).
    Because RPing is the only reason anyone would ever walk.
    As very very very few people RP in AO, 'nobody' seems to walk much.

And really why walk? In RL we get tired etc...in AO we don't, but we do only get so much time to play so getting from point A to point B as fast as possible is important.

Only time I ever walked was in polymorphed form, just because it looked so much better. As in the ground doesn't seem to move too fast for the model movement.
    I miss LadyE.

I walk all the time actually, course I am also in sneak mode as well. This is because I am an agent and because I'm an agent I generally rely a lot on aimed shot in order to knock as much health out of a mob before it gets to me. Because aimed shot is restricted so heavily in usage to be beneficial agents often use walk in combination with sneak mode to slowly creep around in missions in the hopes that it will reduce our chance of being spotted. As with everything else in this game nothing is explained well if at all. Almost everything in the manual is just plain wrong. I read the manual and the only thing that is explained at all that is valid is the pure basics of looking at yor gui and extremely basic communication.

When you get a chance read the manual...you'll get a good laugh at all the errors...as well as the interesting explanations for items that have never worked "as intended".

All the characters in one of my accounts have the SAME PROBLEM.

So this is NOT an ISOLATED CASE.

Originally posted by FileNotFound

Because RPing is the only reason anyone would ever walk.
    As very very very few people RP in AO, 'nobody' seems to walk much.

And really why walk? In RL we get tired etc...in AO we don't, but we do only get so much time to play so getting from point A to point B as fast as possible is important.

Only time I ever walked was in polymorphed form, just because it looked so much better. As in the ground doesn't seem to move too fast for the model movement.
    But in a way, aren't even the non roleplayers roleplaying at least some just by virtue of playing this game? I mean, it's escapism, no matter how you look at it or approach it. Unless you're thinking to yourself, "ok, now I'm going to take my mouse and move these pixels representing my character over to this other bunch o' pixels representing my bank to take out this bunch of pixels that are supposed to represent my armor..." all the time, then you are roleplaying, like it or not. Of course, by that definition, practically every game is a roleplaying game, but you get my point.

Er... what were we talking about?

Re: Re: Re: entering game in walk mode

Originally posted by Laeni

Don't be so smug. I was once explaining to a newbie that you could move your personal map around by clicking and holding on it when another player expressed surprise. Seems he had been playing the game since beta and never knew that you could move the map around.

Don't think that just because you're high level that you know absolutely everything about the game.
    Ive been playing for months......you can move the little map? Not the big one...the little one?

Wow you learn something new everyday.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Re: Re: Re: Re: entering game in walk mode

Originally posted by haniblecter

Ive been playing for months......you can move the little map? Not the big one...the little one?

Wow you learn something new everyday.
    Yes you can move the map. It's especially nice if you have a mission in a city because you can move the map around and find out what part of the city the mission is in.

I found it out purely by accident, I was trying to find out the coordinates of my location by clicking on the map and held the click a little too long. (And yes, I know about PF9 giving you coordinates, I just didn't know it THEN).
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Quick note while moving the thread: I noticed this one on QA's list for testing, so it's noted and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Cz

tanget

Originally posted by Laeni

Yes you can move the map. It's especially nice if you have a mission in a city because you can move the map around and find out what part of the city the mission is in.

I found it out purely by accident, I was trying to find out the coordinates of my location by clicking on the map and held the click a little too long. (And yes, I know about PF9 giving you coordinates, I just didn't know it THEN).
    I walk sometime cause I the world moves too fast otherwise - not!

Anyway does anyone ever want to create a reference of a place and store it as knowledge? You can do this for people and objects... next.. places I mean how many times have you found a good hunting ground then forgot how to get back there..

I bet someone is going to tell me you can now.

I remember reading the game manual and it said that you could make references of the map, never been able to do it though!

Would be damn useful, especially if you could do the right click and get a compass pointer to the location like you can with missions.

(knowing my luck, this bit of the manual has now been changed to make me look a complete ass)

That's three things I hadn't realised that I've learned from this thread - scrolling the action bar, entering chat channels without clicking them in the chat window and the most useful being 'autorun' .

Been playing since October and it's great to discover these things - thanks guys!

Anyone got any more 'hidden' controls?

Like is there one that can zoom out the mini-map?

K

Exclamation whoah

I can't believe so many people took me seriously.......

You can also rearrange the panels if you don't like the order they are in. I don't think they save when you camp and come back though, same as your buttons in the action panel :-(. would it be so hard to have them in a config file so when you come back into the game, your aimed shot or fast attack button were in the same place? They did it for the hotkey bar....

Anyways, the panels on the right, say you want the little map at the top so when you open other panels it doesnt go down where you can't see it. Just click and hold on the top of the panel you want to move and move it I think a red line appears between the panels as you move it up or down and when you get to where you want the panel to be, just let the mouse go (drag and drop).

Shift+R replies to the last person who gave you a tell.
    Shift+R + Up arrow scrolls the list of people who told to you.

You can upload missions to the world map directly from the mission terminal. Just hit P to see exactly where those missions are.

!cc addbuddy <name> adds any persons name to your friends list. Even offline ones.

!cc rembuddy <name> removes a person from your friends list

!cc rembuddy ? removes ALL people under the ? in the friends list. (I LOVE this one).

/played is a fun command....tells you how long you have been playing your character on your current side (omni/clan/neutral), it resets when you change alignment.

You can move your hotkey bar to vertical (instead of the default horizontal)...I 'think' its CTRL + LEFT click on the tab on the left of it.

CTRL+ALT+F shows your current Frames Per Second in the upper left side of your screen.

-Fed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast