Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: entering game in walk mode

entering game in walk mode

Anyone else getting this? Eveytime I enter the game with any of my characters, they are in walk mode. I haven't had the walk/run button in my action bar for months, and now i've had to put it back in. I have alot of things in the action bar, so I have to scroll to bar number three or higher to get back into run mode. Not a major problem, but annoying just the same

PS: now that I think about it, I don't think it happens to my level 96 fella

Same happens to me, but its been happening before the 13.6 patch to me. My Main character is just as I left him when I log on. My alternate character is always in walk mode.

It has something to do with you config file per character.

Just hit backspace. It toggles running off or on.
    - Ignorance should be painful

Sohjiro Founder and Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Gimp Adventurer Extraordnaire.

SF Tshirts
    But in the end, they're still nothing more than video games My wife's experiment and journey into the addictiveness of Anarchy Online.

Re: entering game in walk mode

Originally posted by Borox
    Anyone else getting this? Eveytime I enter the game with any of my characters, they are in walk mode. I haven't had the walk/run button in my action bar for months, and now i've had to put it back in. I have alot of things in the action bar, so I have to scroll to bar number three or higher to get back into run mode. Not a major problem, but annoying just the same

PS: now that I think about it, I don't think it happens to my level 96 fella
    Let me get this straight, you have a level 96 character and you don't know that backspace toggles walk/run?
    Have you even played the game!?! Did you buy your account on ebay or did you just jump straight into a guild that twinked you all to hell?

Re: Re: entering game in walk mode

Originally posted by Dudicas

Let me get this straight, you have a level 96 character and you don't know that backspace toggles walk/run?
    Have you even played the game!?! Did you buy your account on ebay or did you just jump straight into a guild that twinked you all to hell?
    Pfah. Who needs to ever walk? When is it ever a vital part of this game that you be in walk mode instead of run mode? ...

I've noticed that all the chars I've created fairly recently enter the game always sitting and in walk mode. My older chars don't.

Re: Re: entering game in walk mode

Don't be so smug. I was once explaining to a newbie that you could move your personal map around by clicking and holding on it when another player expressed surprise. Seems he had been playing the game since beta and never knew that you could move the map around.

Don't think that just because you're high level that you know absolutely everything about the game.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Well

It also sounds like he doesn't know you can press Shift + # to scroll the quickbar... some people just like doing things the hard way.

Yes, my characters are in walk mode when loggin in. This has been since the new year when I got back in the game, so not sure when this started. Strange thing is though, that this does not happen to one of full account of eight charactes I have.

Same thing happens to me..

All my chars have been around since release, expect one.

I did have my account canceled for about 3 weeks though...
    I miss LadyE.

walk/run

Dudicus, just for your information, I have been playing this game since the first day of release. I never toggle walk/run because I NEVER walk, and this didn't happen to me prior to patch 13.6

PS: excuse the piss out of me for not being the total game knowledge God that you obviously are. Are you always such a smart ass?

Warmly, Borox

u'd be surprised at how many ppl don't know for example that u can just double click chatchannels/names in chat itself to enter that channel.. but i'm sure u all do though

Some things are only found out by experimenting since the info on what you can and cant do GUI wise is so lacking along with most of the game maual instructions. Dont be such a putz Duncicas and judge people just because they don't know something you do.

happens to my alt too.
    my main is fine, always running.
    but my alt starts off walking every time I log in and after every time I die.
    not much of a bug, but worth a mention

Hi, there!

Since we are discussing the basic play controls now, i want to ask 2 basic questions

1. How can you repeat a text that you just typed in the chat window?

2. I know there is a way to change between team-chat and vicinity by typing in a special chat command. It was something like /chat v and chat /t or something like that (i knew it after the release, but i forgot the command cause i quit for some months).
    Hate to use this crappy channel-window

I remember when I didn't know about auto-run (numeric-0). Used a workaround where u hold down run key, then hold a quickbar shortcut, release run the key and finally release the quickbar key. I was about to post on the chat about this neat little "feature" when I found about auto-run. What a moron.

Creep.

These posts are frightening me.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Re: Re: Re: entering game in walk mode

Heh, I didnt knew how to do that until level 110 or something, always had the symbol up in the shortcut bar.

Did someone stole your cookies, or why are you so mean today ?

Same thing happens to one of my characters too...but not the others
    Last edited by Greystar; Feb 12th, 2002 at 12:07:04.

The chat line command for switching channels is: /ch [first few letters of chat channel]

Example: /ch vic (to change to vicinity chat)
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

To topic starter:

Why do u even bother post a tread about this?

Is it a problem for u?

I mean u use 10 times the time to write this tread than it takes for u to make your caracter run instead of walk in lets say 100 login's.......

weeee

Next plz!

Originally posted by Slyyk
    The chat line command for switching channels is: /ch [first few letters of chat channel]

Example: /ch vic (to change to vicinity chat)

/say bla bla bla...... will do......(vicinity)

thats /s +ay instead of shoutin...lol i laugh when i see lvl 150+ caracters standing right next to u and shout : NO SORRY I DONT HAVE THE TIME!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast