Thread: Bugged Treasure Chests in Missions

Question Bugged Treasure Chests in Missions

I encountered this bug last night, but it seems to be repeating....

In a mission, find a locked chest. Attempt to disarm any trap with the bomb diffuser. No bomb, so attempt fails. Unlock chest with lockpicks. Chest opens. Empty chest (usually empty anyway.)

Now, when I close the item window for the chest, the chest doesn't close. It doesn't go away. If I attempt to open it again, it says it is locked. But no amount of lockpicking will open it again. If I go find another chest and open it, I can go back to this chest and lockpick it again.

I will test this more tonight....
    • Lvl48 Agent on RK1
    • 3D Graphics Programmer IRL
    • FORMER Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Programmer & Platform Manager (ERDAS, Inc.)

more annoying

somewhat the same happened to me today, yet even worse:
    I lockpicked a chest, it opened, and inside was a ql 200 yalm. As i didnt need it, and it was only fair to ask teammates if they wanted it, i of course told them, and asked who wanted it. One wanted it, as he had almost enough flight to use it, so i closed it... Chest closed.. and locked... He was unable to open it, and so was i... Therefore a ql 200 yalm got totally lost...
    Fun eh?
    /me kicks someone so hard in the nutz
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Bump~! i was going to make a new thread on this too.

Sometimes i "unlock" the chest, then it opens. I see the items contained inside the chest. Now if i close that chest "popup" window and then try to right click the chest again to see again whats inside. It says its locked.

ARg! i could of sworn i saw a melee ring in one, but then again it could of been a gold ring.

Bump * plz fix

BUMP,

this issue's been buggin the sh*t outta me to

, um, yeah, that's all i gotta say on this one ;D
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Yep, this is happening to me too. Sometimes, the chests don't open at all. The only way I can open them is by zoning and then coming back to open the chest, which is a pain because the map resets. Of course, you can't go back inside if you've already finished the mission so you lose out on whatever loot may have been available.

Psyphen

Bump

I have high B&E (strange for an enforcer I know) but I am usually the only one in my group that can open 170+ chests.

Sucks when there is a high level Shen in there and my MA friends can't get them. I just don't bother telling them what they are missing, it's too depressing for them.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19