Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apartment Furniture

Cool a little more

id love to see guild houses too but i do think they should be more then just mission rooms or what have you. i like the ideas posted about thins in the guild houses thread about if you have the money and are powerfull enough guild you can have an actual building for your guild. i mean there is probly enough unused buildings in omni-1 alone to accomidate all the omni guilds and probly some clan guilds too. i also like the idea of customizable guild unifoms and emblems. and having a sign out side the place thats has the guild anme and emblem. its really not too hard to put his stuff in cause other games do have it and some of those games are way older then AO. though i do understand that there are more importent things first but still not making us wait too long is importent. id say a reasonable time to get all these things in game would be like maybe june. i would hope we wont have to wait too long as it will ony hurt the game.

I'd rather have a share of that white office building facility interior with the nicely designed recreation rooms and labs than NOTHING for 3 months.

They can always upgrade later. Something now would appease everyone.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Bump - gimme furniture. And while you're at it, what's up with the apartments not having bathrooms? Not that I'd do anything with it, but it just seems really weird to have an apartment with no bathroom. Maybe you could add a small one to all apartments, with one of those high-tech toilets and sinks like the ones you find in missions?

Just thought of something...

How about one of the items would be a bookcase with books that improve your intelligence skill plus the skill that you are currently reading about. The skill gain would depend on the profession of the character so a Atrox Enforcer would not be able to gain Nano Programming skill as quickly as a Nano Trader.

Angry That pesky 10 item limit

I've been finding an increasing number of furniture items in missions, and yet, I still can't keep more than 10 items in my apartment. Why? I can have nearly unlimited items in my personal inventory and my bank (depending on how many large backpacks I buy), what's so hard about an apartment?

BTW, I want my small blue dresser back that poofed on me!

Binki

Lightbulb Apartments cont.

>>I posted this earlier on a thread in "In Progress". I felt it couldn't hurt to post here too. And bump. -AK

Firstly, I think that Apartments are one of the best things about this game. Having a world where you own a little corner that you can decorate as you see fit brings MMORPG's to that whole new level of reality emulation. I know that AO is in constant development, and the Funcom guys probably can't keep up with all the bugs fast enough to fully devote themselves to game improvement. Therefore, I suggest (and reiterate to some degree) the following ideas pursuant to those aforementioned.

- Increase the number of domestic items for apartments:
    - More sofas, chairs, tables, toilets, bathtubs, beds, desks, bookshelves, counterspace, sinks, ovens, etc etc etc. More quantity and variety.
    - The ability to put more than ten (10) items in the apartment should be the first thing to go if more stuff is implemented.

- The ability to have furniture that holds other items, like the bank does. Perhaps a wardrobe that holds your favorite outfit, or a footlocker that holds loose items, or a fridge full of food.

- The ability to put one item on top of another. I want my lamp to go on a table, or a refrigerator, or something else (within reason of course, I don't think your sofa would fit on the houseplant very well)...

- The ability to move items once placed, for a fine-tuning to the placement of your objects.

- More rooms, to an extent. The apartment I live at in real life has more than one room. Or upgrades to better apartments as a character gains levels, prestige, company kickbacks, etc.

- The ability to change the location of your apartment. I would like to move from Omni I Ent. backyard to the Trade Dist. or somewhere else. Maybe for a fee?

- The ability to hand people a one-use copy of your apt key to have them over for tea, or maybe make a shady deal. Or even a permanenet copy to your friend.

- I like the Guild apartment idea. But rather than apartments, perhaps separated Guild Houses (have I seen signs for these in areas?) to gather at for discussion, trade, or whatever with your organization.

- Interaction with objects. This addresses a whole new issue, I understand, but it sure would be cool to sleep on a bed, or open a fridge, turn on/off lamps, sit correctly on couches, etc.

- Speaking of turning on/off lamps, you should be able to have a light switch to the main lights that are always on in your place.

- Objects in apartment should also be solid, so you can't walk thru them.

I know these are mostly far-off suggestions that would add another element into an already complex game, but I think that it would interest more people, possibly tap an entirely new market (we all know how well "The Sims (tm)" did with its 3 or so expansions...)
    That's my two credits....

- Antoine Kozar (Greengiantj)
    AntoineKozar@yahoo.com

"Any forum posting, if allowed to go on long enough, eventually leads to flaming." - Dat Phan

Unhappy it's like living in prison

I posted on a different thread that I would like windows in our apartments so we can see city activity. Going in a place with cold dark walls is like living in a prison. I would also like an apartmanet key that I can right click on so that it will upload apartment coords to the map , like missions do. I hate it when I forget where my apartment is

bump
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

hell ya i want a waterbed and a tele'

hell ya i want a waterbed and a television; some couches and a coffee table and the ability to have friends or guildmates over
    poly.on.y.mous \'pa-le-a-ne-mes\ adj [Gk polyonymos, fr. poly- + onoma, onyma name - more at name] (1678) : having or known by various names; examples: Jahmai, Naam [^]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12