Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartment Furniture

Apartment Furniture

Im one of those guys that actually spends money on his pad to have people over and Im wondering. When will you guys bump up the limit to 15 and give us the ability to buy a bed, couch, chair, table and toilet? I have a 25k credit stereo and nice paintings but why dont I have cable TV and a couch to watch it on or a bed. How can I have friends over to watch SuperBowl MMXVI??

Furniture Would Be Neat

I'd love to have furniture, but there's a problem. Currently, all purchased items have the "advantage" of being rendered but not actually have any substance to them. If you buy a fridge, for example, you can walk right through it.

So if you buy a chair or a couch, you wouldn't be able to sit on it! Unless, of course, it was turned into a stable object with substance. But this would raise the issues of people just dropping them anywhere. Buy 5 couches and you could literally set up an impassible roadblock somewhere.

And then there's the chance that it's not even possible to code in a droppable item with physical substance to it.

So perhaps there should be a way to petition for a specific layout in one's apartment? Maybe ask some sort of terminal or sent a specific type of petition that would result in a sturdy couch, table, and chairs "materializing" in one's apartment? Maybe give players a choice of several different layouts and styles of furniture, but have them preset in their position and appearance.

Something like that would probably cost an arm and a leg worth of credits, but it would be worth having, in my opinion. Gotta have someplace to sit to enjoy the game.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

isnt there a way to just make the funrniture solid in apartments?or did you say that?hehe

It seems that they could make furniture that would be solid only in apartments. Wouldn't it be an if this, then that statement? In other words if location =apartment, then substance=solid.

Of course there are now programers who are groaning at someone who obviously doesn't know what she's talking about.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

I guess...

lol, Laeni. Yeah, I think it would be quite a bit more complicated than you stated there.

But what surprises me is that FC never put perma-furniture in apartments in the first place. I mean, all apartments look generally the same anyway, so why do they have to be bare? I mean, a couple generic chairs and a table automatically installed into every apartment wouldn't exactly be imposing on anyone, and certainly wouldn't draw any complaints that I could see.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

how fun is that? already placed furnitures in your apartment?

A heck-of-a-lot more fun than no furniture at all.

Originally posted by Blade / Silke X
    how fun is that? already placed furnitures in your apartment?
    Well if you're low level, it would be the equivilent of renting a furnished apartment wouldn't it?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

bumpage

*BUMP*

I sure would like some furniture at my pad.

*BUMP* again

We need furniture, FC!

BUMP!

(still wanting my own red, round, silk-covered waterbed for my apartment!)

• Lvl48 Agent on RK1
    • 3D Graphics Programmer IRL
    • FORMER Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Programmer & Platform Manager (ERDAS, Inc.)

Thumbs up Yes!

My back is hurting from sleeping on the floor!

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose
    http://www.darksphere.com/uor

Already happening?

I was looking over the envisioned list for the next patch, and I saw "upgradable apartments" listed in there.

Could this be it?

Agreed in full

Yes, I agree - please do something about this

Cool

i dont hink there should be any limit to how many items though and its not like it will be too much data for them since i dont think that there will suddenly be this mass migration switching from combat combat combat to "hey lets go hang out at my place for a while".

/me signs

Actually, yes, between this and guild housing, you have two of the largest mistakes FC is making. I feel like an aspect of the game is removed by not allowing people to have their own homes - there is infinite customization of clothing, faces, etc, but NONE for where you live, or to express and design a house.

Dropping the ASININE 10 item limit is a necessity, even if it were something like 30-50 items.

Phase it in. Desks and things you can walk through are better than none.

For role playing purposes, I log in my apartment... it is depressing to sit in something so bare. We're missing out on something vital here...

As far as guild housing, this is something FC CAN NOT underestimate. Strike that - they can and have - SHOULD NOT. It would do a lot for guilds... I don't see how it is really hard - spawn a specific type of mission with no time limit, and allow the leader to dupe keys. Or use the same code you use to check team mate status for entering apartments to check guild status. Don't put an item limit on, and let us go wild. You don't even need to create new world locations... use existing doors to nothingness. Or mission doors.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

woohoo!

Right on, Vrach. That's exactly what needs to be done, and the way you've laid it out...

...seems to me that it would be comparitively easy as kicking a can to implement that.

Cool Personally...

Personally, all I want is a maid. And a French Maid Uniform. No, the two items arn't related in any way.
    Something big's going on outside, and we're all too smashed to do anything about it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast