Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I cringe at patches?

Unhappy Why do I cringe at patches?

I know Funcom means well when they patch. You want to make the game more interesting and fun for your customers, right? With the latest patch it appears you gave free-range to the omni while limiting the hunting areas for the clanners, at level 86 you practically wiped out the hunting fields. I am limited to Mort where I can be PvP'd(an aspect of the game I do not care for), or missons. Either way both require a team to be formed. I remember that it was said we could form a team if we liked, but that we could also solo. The upgraded green level mobs are a tough customer, so it really means that if your a clanner then you better have friends that can spend the time with you hunting. This is NOT interesting nor fun. Every patch I notice Funcom pays close attention to exploits as opposed to 'fixing' the on-going character flaws and aspects of the game that everyone is concerned about. On another note, it is my opinion that 'IP's be delegated better, 20k a level goes very fast, at higher levels its barely enough to cover the essential attributes of a character. So when you guys host these 'swimming competitions' I feel as though you are mocking us as well as your developement team. No one has any 'extra' IP to put into a useless skill. I would like it if we could change attributes at our discretion, instead of locking us into it. So when someone realizes " Oh damn, I didnt need that skill at all" they could remove the spent IP in that skill and put it where it is needed, instead of having to throw away their poorly constructed character and waste all their time again. Anyway, these are a couple of my concerns, I have come to beleive you guys(Funcom) don't really give a crap what your customers think so I will shut up now as I have just realized I just wasted some more of my time. One day this game will be wonderful!!! ........right?

Re: Why do I cringe at patches?

Originally posted by Stuckey
    One day this game will be wonderful!!! ........right?
    Didn't you hear? It's the MMORPG of the year!

ROFLMAO...

Mr Pendent

Re: Why do I cringe at patches?

Originally posted by Stuckey
    I know Funcom means well when they patch. You want to make the game more interesting and fun for your customers, right? With the latest patch it appears you gave free-range to the omni while limiting the hunting areas for the clanners, at level 86 you practically wiped out the hunting fields. I am limited to Mort where I can be PvP'd(an aspect of the game I do not care for), or missons.
    Exactly where are the Omni hunting grounds????

Its now the same for both sides.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Talking Re: Re: Why do I cringe at patches?

Originally posted by MrPendent

Didn't you hear? It's the MMORPG of the year!

ROFLMAO...
    LOL!

I like jokes like that one.

I wonder who they bribed to give that reward. PC-gamer in sweden do mostly complain about it not being finished and unethical silencing of complains as well as bad support. Though they admit it is realy beautiful in graphic department.

Re: Re: Re: Why do I cringe at patches?

Originally posted by Spook

LOL! :D

I like jokes like that one.

I wonder who they bribed to give that reward. PC-gamer in sweden do mostly complain about it not being finished and unethical silencing of complains as well as bad support. Though they admit it is realy beautiful in graphic department.
    Heh, doubt it took too many bribes. Which other mmogs came out last year? Lineage? DaoC? Jumpgate? I daresay AO is better than any of those at this point. :) The old men of the mmog community (EQ, AC, and UO) would have been disqualified from this award, considering that they were not released last year.

As a sidenote, I was voted best Griemdaall in history, pending proof of competition.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why do I cringe at patches?

Originally posted by griemdaall

Heh, doubt it took too many bribes. Which other mmogs came out last year? Lineage? DaoC? Jumpgate? I daresay AO is better than any of those at this point. The old men of the mmog community (EQ, AC, and UO) would have been disqualified from this award, considering that they were not released last year.

As a sidenote, I was voted best Griemdaall in history, pending proof of competition.
    Hey Jumpgate is great!

Mining ore for 40 hours just so that you can get a new ship is FUN!
    I miss LadyE.

game of the year????

read what they posted Carfully

in the March issue of Last year 2001 Before the damn game was released

PC made a prediction boy were they wrong..

I can only think of one valid reason left for the way FC acts and does

Here it is: Anarchy Online was never intended to make money, it is only a research project you are paying for. It explains alot of things. Why else would they cough up something as ridiculous as tranlations for japanese? instead of say fixing the LAG or maybe just maybe the reload bug ? Oh I know the Melee range of NPCs ! wait those must be insanly hard to fix.

To be honest I couldn't give a **** about the inventory bug annoying yes but rather low priority compared to some of the other glaring bugs that seriously affect gameplay.

Course this is just another rant directed towards FC who doesn't seem to give a ****

Fhaz Fixer ? Rubi2 ? nah, its only a illusion

Well, I guess I must admit that I did not even read the articles the links went to since I have played the game since august and read articles during the year that agreed with my opinion that the game was not finished when releesed.

But it is as said the only MMORP out, and that is why I play it. When the other MMORP in SF style comes out it depends on how the game is at that time if I´m to remain or leave. As it is now I probably will leave, but you never knows wonders may still hapens (I´m an uncurable optimist, and pigs might yet learn how to fly ).

Re: game of the year????

Originally posted by nhaz
    Why else would they cough up something as ridiculous as tranlations for japanese? instead of say fixing the LAG or maybe just maybe the reload bug ?
    Maybe Funcom is planning on or has already begun selling AO in Asian markets?

The reason for what they are doing is :

Funcom needs income to a) keep the game and themselves alive. b) to afford to make improvements to the game.

Therefore one of their current main goals is to implement features that will help them entice new or keep players.

However you look at it, the current playerbase is relatively small, enough to keep the game going, but not enough to make it grow. Hence the need to boost the existing playerbase with new players, hence the new marketing campaign, hence features added like Japanese channel. (The game was released in some areas of Asia/Pacific around September last year).

and you can flame me all you want..

But I just wanted to voice my opinion that I think AO is a great game. The best one I have played.

I really dont understand why so many people bash it like they do. I have been playing non stop for almost a year now, and still, not a day doesnt go by that I dont think of something AO related, or await when I can be in Rubi-ka once again.

the world, the monsters, the armor, weapons, different styles, pets, planes, nanos, evades, trade skills, trimmers, bots, clothes, different height/weight faces, fantastic landscapes, sunsets, awesome billowing nano clouds that envelope you, complexity of strategy, root, nuke, stun, burst, fling, heal kit, root again, debuff run, rage to break root, stop and heal while brawling, mongo to pull off the aggro from your doc, sandworms, sneak up behind a mob and steadily aim your rifle at his unsuspecting back...

now, there are still lots of exploits, fixes, balancing issues to be done yet, and they are doing them, even if it seems to slow for you

I dont see how people can be so callous and ignorant at times...

I will gladly give you my 10 a month... because its worked out to be on average of 8 cents an hour for me to play.........

maybe even less.

No flame just

FANBOY!

Jeeze can anyone be so blind..

There wouldnt be thousands of complaints if there was nothing wrong.

You know what I really thought would have been cool?

MULTI PERSON VEHICLES!

This game is set in the 'future'. The 'cars' don't look like cars (they look like ass), the personal jets are cool (at least in terms of efficiency, they get the job done), and everything hydro-related has proven not useful to anyone, as there's nothing that I know of in the water (can't even swim down in it. I mean, that's not a complaint really, just a comment on why there's not a reason to have a water vehicle. One might come in handy if there was a zone out somewhere that was all water, with hostile jetpack wearing omni's flying about, and the only way to get to the island on the far end of the zone was to zip in as low as possible... no wait, a plane would still be useful for that, and faster too). But seriously. A car that my enforcer can drive the gang around in. A tank? A small jet?

Where's the transportation in the future? Did we all fly here to Rubi-Ka on tiny little Yalm-pods? Honestly, I want a truck. I'm an MA, and I want a m-th-rf-ck-ng truck so I can drive f-ck-ng newbies around f-ck-ng Rubi-ka, and see the g-dd-mn sites.

serena

please read before you bash

I said there is still a lot of fixes, exploits, balancing issues to be worked on ... obviously conceding the fact that somethings are broken.

but all in all, I think they did a great job on AO.

So many people loved Asherons call... which I played for a year and a half. There was a lot of problems, lag, bugs, exploits with that. You couldnt have a house, you couldnt fly, there was no vehicles, you couldnt morph, there was no missions per say... etc. etc. I am not saying AC wasnt a good game. I had lots of fun.

But I can honestly say after playing both, I have had as much fun if not more playing AO. To me its a lot more complex with more possibilities, better graphics, I love the mix of sci-fi and fantasy, the story line is better with AO... i think.

all in all, ao is a great game.

gibeon... AO is only fun for the n00bs that have never played a MMORPG before.

Everyone think's their first MMORPG is the best thing EVER... Even if it's not..

Hell, I even thought 10six was GREAT because it was the first massive online game I had ever played. The mere thought of playing with so many people was cool.

Ao only holds the accounts of the ignorant n00bs that don't know what they are missing because they have never played a REAL MMORPG>

zero

your ignorance never ceases to amaze me. I have no idea of who you are, where you come from, but then I realize thats a good thing....

you can say all the smack you want on here, but I played yesterday for 16 hours because I am a n00b that doesnt know a good game.

fine by me. I enjoy my ignorance. you, it seems, dont know how to have a good time... so why dont you go do something that would amuse you? like sniffing glue or vandalizing cars.

I played diablo for 2 years, starcraft for 7 months, AOE bout a year, AC for almost 2 years, EQ for a year, and now Anarchy Online since it released.

I may be a n00b but I enjoy ao a whole lot.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Ao only holds the accounts of the ignorant n00bs that don't know what they are missing because they have never played a REAL MMORPG>
    1. Your an account holder. Guess that makes you an ignorant n00b.

2. Please enlighten us all and tell us what a 'REAL MMORPG' is.

Originally posted by Gibeon
    I played diablo for 2 years, starcraft for 7 months, AOE bout a year
    Thats not something I would be proud. Certainly in regards to your MMORPG 'cred' that for whatever reason you seem to want to prove. Most MMORPGers have an opinion about people that list this as an accomplishment.

well

i wouldnt call aoe or starcraft or even diablo.. heh, a mmporpg. sadly, I didnt get online till about 1995 or so. I didnt get a chance to mud in 3kin, or play UO, or any of the other cult mmorpg classics.

I wasnt trying to impress anyone

I guess it doesnt matter either way...

Lets do the twist.

My original post was to address the ongoing problems so many people are complaining about. I realize that some people are never happy, while others could amuse themselves with a bucket. The only thing I can think is..Why are so many customers dissatisfied? It appears as though everyone is unhappy with so-called little things like nerfing, class balancing and character developement. I think that Funcom can learn alot from the feedback they get, don't you? My concern is what are they doing about it? I mean are they really making an effort? With each new patch (currently waiting for this one to end...9+hours after it was supposed to finished) they seem to be very determined to eliminate any possible exploits and often times something that was beneficial to a class. There is very seldom something done to re-vamp a class, I read numerous posts about how soldiers become useless, NT's loose their range, and crats..well, lets not go there and how beloved the Atrox is by Funcom. Personally I like the game and I want to see it improve, as I am sure many of us do. So much time is invested in it, it would just be nice to play the game with little to no aggrovation. Funcom's time is important to them, so much that they get paid for it. Well my time is important as well, I paid for it. Funcom, will you please listen to the customers so that we can at least enjoy our addiction. Thanks. Hello, my name is Stuckey and its been 26 hours since my last fix. Bah.

Re: zero

Originally posted by gibeon
    ... so why dont you go do something that would amuse you? like sniffing glue or vandalizing cars.
    LOL

I may be a n00b but I enjoy ao a whole lot. :)
    Me too, and I'm most certainly not a noob..I've played them all. It's really too bad this forum is full of people like Zeroshift and Serena who I suppose in thier rush to be everyone's advocate enjoy attacking people who pay the same amount they do, but get a bit more enjoyment out of the game than they do. I find that sad indeed. If you have a problem with Funcom fine, but I daresay that gibeon saying he enjoys himself isn't going to make it take longer for Funcom to release a patch or whatever.

This is not a flame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast