Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: me no evil omnitech

((OOC: Okay, here we go (if you haven't read the WHOLE "Prophet Without Honour", this might not make complete sense):

#1 - The "Shadowlands" is the scene of an ancient conflict, and is the source of the original of mankind (fact). Now, there are 2 sides "down there", and both sides are immortal. On the one hand, you have the people behind Sara Caroll and Alissa's clan (the Truth Dream people); on the other, you have the people behind Roman - the "pre-Omega".

#2 - Omni-Tek is controlled by the latter of those two. It is the "rebirth" of sorts of FarmaTek, and is headed by the SAME person (it's not Ross, so don't go thinking that).

#3 - Both groups obviously have TREMENDOUS interest in whatever the SL holds; it holds the secret to immortality (and maybe more).

#4 - It is implied (in "Prophet Without Honour") that the group in which Roman finds himself (and hence, Omni-Tek), is the "evil" side. That's why ALL Omni-Tek employees will be considered "devils" in SL.

#5 - THIS DOES NOT mean that the form you take in your "shadow breed" will constantly BE a devil. It was said in one of the Dev chats (I think) that what you actually look like will be based more on what you do in game as time goes on; hence, it is logical to assume that OTers that start as devils HAVE THE POSSIBILITY available to them to become "angels", so long as they act right (sorry Temp, I know you were hoping for your Halo ).

#6 (and TOTALLY unrelated, but in response to Rejkavik) - the "clanners" actually didn't blow up that building (which was in Omni-1, by the way). Not going to give ANYTHING away (and Uwen, don't say anything), but you should watch the animated episodes again, and then read the post by Nyadach of the Independent Rubi-Kans (in this forum somewhere - "The Story is Out There") and THEN ask yourself who really blew that building up, and who is REALLY behind the Dust Brigade. I can assure you, it's not the clans.....
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

((Uwen!!! Shhhhhhhhh! Let them figure it out for themselves!))
    Emiliy Age

((Sowwie! ))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC

Well, the thing about dealing with PWH is its the backstory, and setting. You can only use some of the information in it, mostly just to get a feel for what the AO universe is like. You can't (or shouldn't) go running around IC screaming that Omni-Tek is run by the devil and we're all going to hell for being loyal little minions. Well, you can, but expect to be treated like your a couple bananas short of a fruitcase.

At the same time, no one runs around naming themselves "Dr. Evil" and "Muahahahaha!"'ing all the time. Well, they shouldn't, or they again, fall into the case of fruit and are generaly counter-productive RPers.

With Jypsie, I've done some bad things. Never get caught really,and I"m of course not going to go into detail's, since it would hamstring my character to bring into the light what I've done. But even then, she does not consider herself evil. She works for the good of Omni-Tek and everyone in the company *snaps off a /salute*. But, in fact, she is a bloodthirsty, manipulative, warmonger that is going to burn for her actions.

But, IMNSHO, Omni-Tek is evil, if you work for it you are either in the know, and are a twisted individual; or you are moraly vacant/irresponsible and attempting to act like none of it is your fault/as bad as it seems, and therefore you are "good."

We're all gonna burn, and I'm bringing the kerosene with me.

I'm just gonna take all you clanners with me
    Last edited by Jypsie; Mar 8th, 2003 at 19:15:51.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

Originally posted by Jypsie
    I'm just gonna take all you clanners with me
    And if we refuse to come along?

Seriously though, "IC", NO ONE knows what's really going on, and no one knows that there's a sadistic little Omega burried under the soil of Rubi-Ka hittin' switches. I still haven't met anyone that acts like they know all of this IC, so I think people are behaving quite responsibly.
    Emiliy Age

((Yes, I don't use anything from the PWH IC AFAIK. I'm only saying that OmniTek is in fact evil up high OOC, which I don't think IC. IC I just think they are out for profit, not to destroy me ))

( I get to be demon while the Clanners gets to be pansy angels.. Dont see a problem in there )
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

hey! I wana be a demon to!! Do I have to be an angel just cause I'm a clanner? =/

*Ponders torching the Tir mongol meat, just to show myself evil }*
    Spotless Clanner agent Squad Commander Of Angels Of The Night RK2.
    Viking Clanner Enforcer Lonely wanderer. RK1

Originally posted by Emiliy
    ((Uwen!!! Shhhhhhhhh! Let them figure it out for themselves!))
    ((Though I would like to say I believed that before Nya's post ))

hello all
    ((occ))
    well to start off with in the book "Prophet Without Honor" the connection between omni-tek and omega is never even mentioned. i think you have forgotten what ICC stands for. There are many Hyper Corps out there and Omni is only one if them.(ie.SOL Banking) So that connection between Omega and Omni is a false one.

Also to follow the original thread the GOOD V. EVIL it is all a point of view. what i view as good you may view as evil. we have seen this time and again in human/sultis history. Most of us fall into the grey only those that do things excpionaly Evil or Good which most of you that feel your evil will probably be left depressed to find that your not as bad as you think you are )
    Ryan "Suste" Nosfinger president of Omni Corp Rome Division

"One man can not change the world, but one man can start the change"

((OOC:

Actually Suste, had you read the WHOLE book - note that the entire novel is not posted on the AO page - you would know that Roman Dragovich Zubov, a.k.a. Roland Drake (who was the original "human" Omega, and the head of the Omega and FarmaTek) was the one who created and founded Omni-Tek Corporation. That is the connection, and it IS quite explicitly stated in Chapter 16.

And, there are also not "many" hyper-corporations. There are a total of seven (this is mentioned in the timeline, and the only hyper-corporations that are named in the literature are: Omni-Tek; Sol Banking Corporation; TruSpace Networks; and Harman Space Industries). A "hyper-corporation" is a corporation whose employees number in the billions. The ICC is, however, composed of a total of 263 corporations, all of whom have equal vote (this is in the timeline, as well).))
    Emiliy Age

OOC

Well Suiste, that (a personal view of good and evil) is a subjective way at looking at things. Not a objective. I'm not disagreeing with you, each person's set of moral's determines what they feel is "good" and what is "evil." But, not matter someone's personal views, it does not change that universal constant of what is "good" and what is "evil."

Anytime you apply good and evil to a storyline, where those principles can be realisticly realized and represented by some outside force, such as when someone enters the Shadowlands and sees thier Soul's representation when viewed by a universal constant, judged by a scale outside thier own personal views, that universal constant must be set and cannot be controlled by each individual. I've always called it "Story Goodness."

An example is Dungeons and Dragons, which have spells and effects that only effect "Good" or "Evil" creatures/people. What determines who is good or evil? The universe, not the person. It's not a very intillectual way of handling the matter, but it is effective and it lays down universal laws/structure that everyone can follow and have a good time using them, rather than debating if that "Holy Nuke of Righteousness" can affect my Rogue for hours upon hours. The Rogue can debate for hours if her actions are good or evil, and makes for great RP, but guess what, the universe says you just got nuked, game on.

I used to feel the same way when playing White Wolf games, debating for hours after a session if my character's action warrented him/her loosing a point of "Humanity" when I felt that my character felt perfectly warrented commiting a certain act and that it was justified to themself and would cause no change in thier outlook on life. Then I realised something. My character is not this Universal Constant, my character is not the God/Devil of the universe, my character doesn't control what is good and what is evil, my character only looks at the universe with his/her own perception, and acts on it in that way. This perception does not affect how the universe perceves my character, though.

No matter how justified my character feels in an action, there is a force in the universe that slaps his/her soul on the wrist and says, "BAD!" *wags a finger*

So, no matter how justified Jypsie felt that night, as an officer of the law, she went into the Roompa Bar with Omni-Pol(greenies, not the guild, although I think they were there that night) and massacred Pajama clad Partygoers when they refused to follow orders to go home, that was a slap on the wrist.

I always play my characters with thier own personal moral view of what is good and evil, but I expect there to completly be some universal constant of what is good and evil that is not under my control. Just my characters are not aware of this and act as they feel they should.

Gimmie some horns, bat wings and a cute tail, please.
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

And if we refuse to come along?

That's why someone made Div Niner's, hun
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

- Leetraider

Ya?! Well.....well....ummmm...

Emiliy runs and hides behind a nearby slayerdroid

Ha! Us engies make all sorts of nutty stuff!

:P
    Emiliy Age

Pfff, I'll go Pit Lizard (when I can...) and fly away with your puny shots glancing off my scales! Right? Thats what dragons are supposed to do right? Bah....

I thought dragons spit fire?
    Emiliy Age

I thought dragons spit fire?

A Uwen dragon would spit witty rhetoric hehe
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

((Marlamin, I don't doubt either I'll be given a pair of bat wings (hmm or can we have dark feather wings rather?) and of lilttle horna myself - not only because of my char's "twin persona", I mean But the fact is, I honestly doubt all people would feel the same and think they "deserve" their bat wins (I wonder if they'd suit well to Dabblez or Barlau? )
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by BugLight

A Uwen dragon would spit witty rhetoric hehe
    MUHUHAHAHAH!

Uwen the Harmless Dragon

or

Uwen the Comic Relief Dragon

Ooooo oooo! I vote for #2!!
    Emiliy Age

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast