Thread: A fun new bug... a must read Cosmik

A fun new bug... a must read Cosmik

Ok this bug has already cost me over 1 million xp, but im not really pissed at the xp loss. I pissed caused this bug cost me time, time that i have spent hunting getting xp and the Mission Objective. It happened twice, both were the new cave missions.

Here's what happens, u go into the mission and kill some of the mobs or most of the mobs and all of a sudden the server crashes. When you log back in all the mobs are back and if you got the MO(Mission Objective) you loose it. It seems that the server resets and everything is time warped back. However the loot I got from mobs and treasure chests is kept. so now when I log back on I'm surrounded by mobs and I start do take alot of damage and then die. It's funny how all the mobs are back and I have no map cause i just logged on and I'm totally lost.

FIX THIS LIKE YOU FIXED THE BUGS THAT CAUSED RED MOBS TO ALLWAYS GET CRITICALLY HIT!

Unhappy Yes, this is a serious problem

Yesterday a MP, soldier and I (NT) were hacking our
    way slowly and carefully through a high difficulty mission
    (all red mobs; it took all three of us to kill one, typically.)

The mission crashed, and when we logged back in, the
    soldier was on the other side of a gigantic level newly
    refilled with mobs. I really should have teleported out, but
    for laughs and for the poor MP's sake I tried to calm our
    way out, since I don't have a team teleport yet. Didn't
    work, lost 430k xp.

In a case like this it would be better to clear the level
    completely and at worse sacrifice a token, or alternatively
    just bring the characters back at their last save point instead
    of in the middle of a swarm of red mobs. We didn't even
    come back all together, which at least would have
    theoretically allowed us to fight our way back out if
    we'd had the patience to go back through a 50 room
    corridor with a mob or two in each room.

-Strycker, OT NT 91

Honesly speaking....

This cannot be considered a BUG.

Server crashes are just like that.. server crashes. The server will not be able to save the stat of the mission zone if it's terminated abnormally. Neither will it be able to save the exact stat/location of all player within accurately too!

One possible solution would be for Funcom to put in a check such that any players that logged in at such "restarted server" zones to be placed at the 1st room instead of their last "saved" location. I'm sure this would help a lot.

I remember a LOONG time ago, when AO servers crashes all the time, the mobs will NOT aggro when a player logs on after a crash. This gives the player a chance to either prepare themselves for clear the whole place again... or runaway (a bit hard since map is wiped).

It's definitely bad if u're doing team missions with high difficulty.

Ashuras did you even bother to read my post?

What happens is that the whole mission resets it self. This never has happened to me untill the new cave style was patched in. I have crased lots of times and or the server has done the same, however I'm just letting folks know that this new problem exists.

Am I pissed that i lost xp, yes... am I pissed that i lost the MO yes...However I would like the problem addressed and I already talked to a GM I sent a bug report and with this post I'm letting the people of Rubi-Ka know what to expect when this happens.

It has happened to me before these latest patches...but seems more...

frequent now. I've had two in the past 4 days. Prior to that I had live 3 in 6 months. Of course this isn't exactly what I would call statistically significant data...

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
    Ashuras did you even bother to read my post?

What happens is that the whole mission resets it self. This never has happened to me untill the new cave style was patched in. I have crased lots of times and or the server has done the same, however I'm just letting folks know that this new problem exists.

Am I pissed that i lost xp, yes... am I pissed that i lost the MO yes...However I would like the problem addressed and I already talked to a GM I sent a bug report and with this post I'm letting the people of Rubi-Ka know what to expect when this happens.

This has happened to me several times, happenes twice with the same mission actually yesterday. This is REALLY annoying, and it has not been like this before. Fix please...
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

Actually this isn't a new "bug", but personally I haven't seen this one in a long, long time (happened to me a few days ago). However this "bug" was quite common earlier (at least for me).

On a side note I've noticed an old "bug" that have returned as well; NPCs in missions that are fighting among each other... Quite funny actually
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
    When a mission server crashes, the entire mission resets to its last save point. If you exit the mission, it will cause the state of the mission to be saved.

As far as I know, it has always worked that way.

You can tell when the mission server has crashed as you don't get the "do you want to reconnect to your character" dialog box when logging back in.

Umm, how long does this server crash last for?

I've been playing the game for a while. This started happening since the last patch:

- The entire team crashes
    - We relog into the game 30 seconds later
    - The mission is reset; all the mobs are back

Is this what you guys mean by server crash? It's an awfully quick crash.

Problematic if I just cleared 95% of the mission.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Unhappy missions respawning!

I have had my missions respawning not only from a server crash but just from merely zoning out to heal or to save! And yes, I have been wiped out three times after the server crashed and I logged back on inside a room full of angry mobs.This started after the new mission patch. I really really hope Funcom can fix this somehow! I like to do missions mostly but I might need to play "outside" for awhile.......

Elizia, 76th engineer, Rubika-1

Unhappy

This is a problem that appeared for me after the patch.

Me and a NT friend were doing 2 missions in Wailing Wastes. In the second mission the mobs, 7 of them actually where killing eachother. We just stood there watch them drop 1 by 1.

When we had almost finished the mission, we both got droppped from the game, and when we logged on, the mission was reset, room full of red mobs, we both got killed instantly since we had no map and could not find the way out of there.

This is something new. I never saw this before the patch, and i've done alot of missions.