Thread: The Grimm Truth

The Grimm Truth

The new Rubi-Ka Gridfeed is proud to broadcast our first editorial feature, gratefully accepting Jon Grimm's offer to provide an editorial on the current status on Rubi-Ka.

Here is an excerpt from his editorial:

"Good Day Rubi-Ka.

The fine people that own this gridsite have been kind enough to give me a forum by which I may speak on the events of Rubi-Ka. This opportunity extended, I will take a momentary leave from my duties as an impartial reporter and speak as a resident of our planet.

This disclaimer being made, allow me to put forward this question:

Where is the ICC now?

I am not speaking about their few Peacekeepers scattered about Rubi-Ka. Rather, their presence as a protector of the people. The ICC have made their presence and their opinion well known throughout Rubi-Kan history. Always standing up for the basic civil rights of the mistreated here since the very beginning, Or, at least that's the way is used to be.

Lets look back about half a millennium ago, way back when we were a struggling colony. In 28814, the ICC gave formal commendations to Omni-Tek for providing outstanding living conditions to its employees here. This established the notion that they were concerned for our well being, and soon further involvement would strengthen this image.

28819, a catastrophic accident occurred when Omni-Tek first launched its weather control systems. The disaster caused the death of many civilians. The following year, ICC began their own investigation into this and found the hyper-corporation's own engineers at fault. Although they didn't take any direct action, they did urge Omni-Tek to seek assistance with these systems.

Over the next two centuries, working conditions and wages begin to decrease. These complaints reached the ICC, who begin their investigation in 29130. Although it took over 50 years for them to take any action, they not only issued a formal complaint, but demanded that these conditions be improved immediately. The Manual Labourer's Guild was in fact the result of recommendations made for improvement by the ICC, who also influenced negotiations between them and Omni-Tek

War finally broke out between an unsatisfied civilian population known as "the Clans" and Omni-Tek. Although the Hyper-corporation put the rebellion down, it was then that the ICC first threatened shortening of the Rubi-Kan lease should the treatment of these people not be improved."

Please tune your broadcast recievers to this channel to ctach the whole transmission.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

((nice, good job))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends