It was damned warm. No god-damned warm it was. Oneshot cringed under the sun while he laid on the roof of a defunct building of Meetmethere. The camouflage canvas didn't give much protection. It made it even worse. As his trained eyes sweept over the automated tradestalls his mind started to wander.

The slight breeze down the narrow street with the ramshacle buildings made him think of the security of the backyards in West Athen. He wondered if Diona still was around. He could still feel her kiss she had given him before he had left to look for his missing father. I have to go back home some day he thought as he wiped some sweat off his forehead. e hadn't been home in 1 or two years? he didn't know lost all track of time.

His first days outside the backyards was a cruel awaking. The first thinbg he had seen was the merciless killing of Joshuas father by some Omni enforcers. Joshia had been a part of the Clan guards that protects West Athen. The experiencce almost scared Oneshot into returning to the backyard. But the mocking green from the lead Omni convinced him otherwise. He would like to show that stupid brute of an Atrox that Clanners would prevail and get their revenge.

Oneshot was suddenly brought back to present as the noise of some pebbles got kicked in the street. Oneshot sneaked a peek over the roof edge and saw a ICC guard strolling down the street.

Oneshot sank back to his relatively comfortable position. This looked like it would be a long day. As the sun rose on the sky it went from god-damned hot to "even-the-devil-moves-out-hot". Oneshot sighed. Maybe I should call it a day he thought. As he started to dimantle his rifle he saw a movement at one of the tradeboots.
One shot wiped his brow again and took aim. maybe this time... he thought in his quite mind. Yes, he was in luck. An Omni crat was offloading his last loot from some happless clanner.
Now we will be even Oneshot though as he slowly squeezed the trigger. The silent hum of the X-3 sounded just as the crat pressed the confirm button on the tradeboot.
A searing blue bolt hit the back of the booth severing the datalink to the trade central.

Paperweight couldn't believe his eyes. It could not be right. He pressed the button again, but the response was the same. Feverishly he tried to pry open the chute door to the boot to get his stuff back. He was stopped by a stern ICC guard that ushered him on. paperweight left the area dejected. it was not fair. He had all the forms ready and the permissions. Why me? WHY ME!?

The street was quite again the booths was huming for the selves as the cooling fans kicked in the prevent them from overheating under the sun. One booth however was starting to smoke a bit.

One the screen was a flashing sign......

Warning Overheat!!!

And just below.....

Trade complete........
Credits = credit transfer cancelled. Link broken