Thread: OCC: Finalized Box Cover?

OCC: Finalized Box Cover?

Wouldn't finalized box cover mean some serious steps to being close to a ShadowLands? Or at least a Beta?

hmmmmmmm....
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

I've suspected that SL was right around the corner since the patch with the XP increase. Why? Because the level caps are being lifted, and the XP increase will be needed to level at a fathomable pace after 200.

Nobody thought they we're just GIVING us an XP bonus for free, did they?

Re: OCC: Finalized Box Cover?

Originally posted by Viray
    Wouldn't finalized box cover mean some serious steps to being close to a ShadowLands? Or at least a Beta?

hmmmmmmm....
    Well, at the last HoC chat Cz did mention that Beta would be starting around the end of April. So I would expect a release close to the end of the expected First Half 2003 release.....I hope sooner!!
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

You really think it'll take that long, Zar? Wow...and here I was thinking September-ish
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Just wishful thinking going on there....FC probably made a typo and it's really the first half of 2004....
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

Re: OCC: Finalized Box Cover?

Originally posted by Viray

hmmmmmmm....
    Unfortunately not. I'm not saying it means it *isn't* just around the corner of near beta. but these days it's very common to have the box art/dust jacket/album cover done well before the project is complete.

I've noticed it a lot on computer games and books especially recently. I suspect it has a lot to do with the increase in pre-ordering and internet sales. People feel a lot more comfortable commiting to a product which looks as if it's ready to roll.
    Frelle, Euro-Fixer of the Unity of the Rose
    The Ballad of Frelle: Part 1

...........hence my previous post.
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

I'm fairly certain SL is in internal QA at this stage, or very nearly so, given the number of screenshots they're releasing and the level of detail additional information they've been doling out via dev chats and such.

Closed beta will probably start in a few weeks.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

((OOC: Take a look at this quote from the link: ))

As you - hopefully - can see, we are trying to communicate that the Shadowlands hold dark and unknown mysteries, that it is a new dimension with an alien touch, and behind it all... [COLOR=royal blue]the notum flows freely.[/COLOR]
    ((OOC: Now that the issue is "officially" put to rest, its time to return to our regularly scheduled IC Notum debate!! ))

((is this turning into a "burn your bra" kinda thing, Tif? ))
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."