Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move the Reet Retreat to Tir!!!!

Move the Reet Retreat to Tir!!!!

Okay,

As an RPer I was happy when they opened the Rebel in Tir and the other bars around Rubi-Ka. I thought it was a neat idea and a good place for RPers to gather and chat and such.

Then a few days ago for the first time I visited God's (Funcom's?) gift to the RPer: The Reet Retreat. It is HUGE, it is beautiful and I love it!!

The problem:

Its in the middle of nowhere!!! Give us something like that in Tir or Athens!! Move the thing! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU

You must know the saying about real estate: location, location, location! All I know is that whoover opened that place must be operating with some serious debt. It's like building the world's greatest amusement park in the artic circle.. who cares how good it it if no one if gonna make the trip?

My personal sugestion is that Funcom drop everthing it is doing and attend to this pressing matter at once. Who cares about "bugs" or "PvP balancing"? I just want somewhere to show off my lastest Miir outfits and dance

(heehee dammit... posted this in the wrong place. Um... Mr. Moderator? HELP!)
    Last edited by Adolanabantz; Nov 20th, 2001 at 01:27:26.

nonono, don't move it, if you want a place fine, funcom build them an in house club, but its nice being able to have an out of the way place, gives it special feeling

Exclamation Wastelanders

Got Im Himmel !

I cosider myself a hardcore ROLEplayer and my message is this:

For heavens sake don't move the Reet Retreat. It's the essense of what many of us have been waiting for in AO.

It's located in a little city in the middle of the wasteland, where the law pratically doesn't xist (according to 'intelligence' there's a lot of illegal weapons dealing going on in Last Ditch) ^_^. A city of scoundrels, mercenaries and other wastelanders. The Reet Retreat completes the scene.

It carries the spirit from Wasteland, Fallout 1 & 2 and the Mad Max movies into a new era. It just has so much roleplaying potensial - it's really a pity that noone uses it, I agree on that. But the solution is not moving the Reet Retreat. It's making Last Ditch an attractive place to hang out.

Remember Mos Eisley (and the cantina) in Star Wars IV? - THAT is the potensial I see in the Reet. All that ppl need is a reason to go there. I'd be so VERY nice if Funcom would add a couple of missionbooths, and some more traders, to make Last Ditch become the dirty tradertown it's supposed to be insted of a place where ppl run for missions >_<. That's all I ask.

Ph471

___

Nonchelante member of NH

Option

I allso thought moving the reet retreat to a mor crowded location but after thinking it ove i thought i would be better to yust place a grid exit there it easier then walking all that way and it stayes in its "unique location"

reet retreat ? where is it ? how can I find it ?

Why do some people believe it's roleplaying as soon as they dress up in something else than armour and does a /disco or /pulp? Sheesh...

/Nev

This I agree with.

I keep seeing people claiming that Baboons is "the place to roleplay".

When I went there, I never saw any roleplaying at all. What I saw was people dancing on tables, dancing on the floor, etc.

In fact, because they were a mixed group. clan and omni, and nobody was questioning this, I'd say this is the place on Rubika where the least amount of roleplaying goes on.

You can often find me in Reet Retreat if anyone ever wants to come chat with me

Adolanabantz, what forum did you want this posted in?

As for moving it, well, I don't think that's in the cards, but I'll mention it to the worldbuilders.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

To Nevander and Starknaked

I totally agree that most of the discoes are just plain folly. We have a specifik danish word for 'that' kind of 'roleplaying' It's called "Bong", Wich is also an instrument for smoking pot.

Basycally 'Bong' is what happens when the players get tired, and just want to play-around for fun. They won't care much for plotlines, setting og character in those situations. Just playing for fun. Basically anything goes. And THAT is what you have seen going on in the discoes.

Why is think the Reet Retreat has so much potensial is the fact, that it also sports a Café, a resteaurant and a 1st class lounge. Those things exact roleplaying. It is the ideal place for mercanaries and smugglers to hang out and have secret meetings.

Remember that I compared The Reet to the Mos Eisley Cantina from Star Wars? Do you think I did so because of the disco-room?

(Should you have forgotten all about it, then watch Star Wars ep. IV (4), It'll do you good. Oh - and watch Mad Max and Dune too while you're at it :)

Kh
    Ph471

Ps: Shirna: The reet Retreat is out in Stret West Bank. Just follow the road north from Borealis ^_^

Ph471, I know way too much already of the Mos Eisley cantina, and it's proprietor Wuher... I also know plenty about the Tonnika Sisters, Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba, Bo Shek, the Duros and the Bith band (hm... fizz, was it? their name escapes me for the moment though). I doubt I need to watch that movie again, but I'm pretty positive I will...

Aaaand, I do see the splendid setting for some roleplaying and sure as hell did not say "Nope, no roleplaying there... they just dance". It was this current part in Adolabantz's post I reacted to: "I just want somewhere to show off my lastest Miir outfits and dance."... This alone does hardly constitute roleplaying, and I think this behaviour is the equivalent of those fantasy buffs who go "thine thou art yay nay fi fo fum" when they try to communicate, thinking they're role playing heavily.

Just my two cents...

(And btw, why reference me to Mad Max? Surely you mean Mad Max 2?)

Unhappy Don't move it!!!

I am a regular at Reet's Retreat. Please do not move it just because one or two players want it moved. Its a great place to hang out with friends, and its in a wonderful location. This type of place SHOULD be off the beaten track. I wouldn't mind having a grid location in a closer location (like the Bronto Burger in 4 holes), but there should not be a grid location right outside.

As for a previous posters comments on roleplaying .. we do the most with what we have. Funcom developed a game centered around missions and hunting. There are not many roleplaying aspects to the game at all. The "story" does not provide roleplaying opportunities to the common player. The only tools for roleplaying we have been given that are not mission/hunting related are these dance clubs. People often complain that "thats not roleplaying", or "oh no .. another dance contest/swimsuit party" .. but thats what we have been given. Once Funcom expands the variety of roleplaying content, roleplaying opportunities will expand. For now, Funcom's focus is game mechanics, bugfixing, and class balancing.

BTW for those who care about roleplaying, what we REALLY need is the ability to write a note and hand it to someone. This would change the roleplaying environment overnight. Think about the possibilities Funcom!!!

- Szentisha

Y'know.... All of Last Ditch kinda resembles Mos Eisley......

Theanna

We have no plans to move Reet Retreat. In fact, I'll go as far as to say it's staying put for good. However, more clubs will be opened, with each one bringing more unique rooms and atmospheres in which to shake your pixel booty.

Reet Retreat may be a run for some, but I think you'll agree it's definately worth it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Evidently it is critical that you be VERY specific when you post here and not rely on the general idea to seep through.

I was not actually suggesting that they move the Reet Retreat. I was sort of kidding with that just to make a point. There is certainly some truth to some of the comments made that its location is a good one in terms of atmosphere. But my point is simple: I love the Reet Retreat and I would love more places like it that are conducive to RPing. I hope they do add more in the future as has been suggested.

As was pointed out in another post, what is great about the Reet Retreat is not the disco area (though I do love the glass floor) but is the many other areas within it like the lounges, the fireplace area and so on that give it an RPing condusive atmosphere. Those of us who actually want to RP and not just dance around for 5 mins when we are bored of killin stuff like most people do would benefit greatly if there were more location like this.

Oh ya and the line about Miir clothing and dancing was also a joke... jeez... Picky picky

And for the record Nev, i have never once said "thine thou art yay nay fi fo fum"

Also, I have no idea where I wanted this to be originally... slipped my mind so it could not have been that critical but thanks for noticing
    Last edited by Adolanabantz; Nov 21st, 2001 at 06:16:36.

Guys, check out the "in progress" section:

http://community.anarchyonline.com/c...line/progress/

Game world changes:

Stret West Bank:
    Added a Whompa to Borealis and a ferry to Stret East Bank.

A Borealis-Stret West Whompa seems to be in the works

OPEN Heads an tails!! I want the strip club to open!!!!!

I would visit this place if someone would give me the coords. =o)

Question Directions to RR

From Bronto Burger in 4holes, follow road to the north until it turns to the east through the zone. You will see the RR compound to the east. RR is the building in the middle of the compound.

Yay! A Whompa from Borealis to Stret West Bank! I just hope it's not to Last Ditch. Imean really - it's easy enough to get to from Borealis anyway...

Part of the charm with that town is that it is in the middle of a quite dangerous are, with some PvP zones nearby. Smack in the middle of everything too.

I don't want people to crowd up the place.

And I REALLY hope the wompa won't be inside the actual town, since the place is quite small.

It should be a town, not a metropolitan. If you have to, place a high requirement grid terminal there. Gridding has little use at the moment.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast