Thread: Fixer Grid Quest questions ...

Fixer Grid Quest questions ...

Hi ...

I am still low level (42) but I am interested in doing the first quest ... so I have started looking around to find the needed components. I am also begining to look at the path I will have to follow in order to do the race part.

Is it possible that some guards were added in the last patch ? I tried to go to omni entertaiment (I am Clan) from the grid and for the wompah ... both time I died instantly !!!

Yes I have a yalm ... but I was dead even before I could move !

A Higher level tryed it to show me ... he died also !!!

Since I never saw the fixer grid ... I wonder ... I know we need some CL to exit from the standard grid ... once we go on the grid with the fixer grid access, can we get out every where ? or I have to continue raising my CL ?

Thank alot !!!
    CePlusPlus - Clan Fixer - RK1
    Borogax - Clan Agent - RK1

You should search up the forums for this... when I did the quest, not so very long ago (between last two patchs ) there were tons and tons and tons and... well, tons, of things - opinions, hints, paths, etc., that you can find here.

Which wompa were you coming from? If you go to 20k, and wompa from there -- the wompa into omni ent is *often* but not *always* unguarded. At least, I think that's right Was unguarded when I did it, at 2 or 3 am EST (7 or 8 am GST) but I'm not sure of the schedule...

Then of course, with the yalm it's easy, go UP.

I think some ppl saved in 20k for the actual run and used /terminate to get back there fast, to head into omni-ent - but with my yalm and self-run-buff I didn't have any problem gridding into Harry's and flying to 20k, and wompa-ing to omni-ent from there.

My only scary moment was in Omni Ent - overshooting the club and getting a little confused on directions (I could hear that darn club music wafting up into the air... )

I think another option to explore - I didn't try it - but have your friend go into whatever wompa you want first, then you follow. Hopefully you're friend can run and distract the guards adequately while you breeze through. Sounds a bit dicey to me but...

They changed the guards at the wompah from 20K, there used to be only a single wandering guard that most of the time weren't right outside the wompah.

Now there are two of them standing still just outside the wompah.
    I suspect there are times when they aren't there but I haven't the patience to park an omni alt there for 24 hours.

A little known fact is that you are given control almost as soon as the display freezes, it just takes 5-15 seconds before the display is updated.
    You can run and jump during that time but it's hard to do without seeing anything or using the mouse.

A yalm helps of course.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    They changed the guards at the wompah from 20K, there used to be only a single wandering guard that most of the time weren't right outside the wompah.

Now there are two of them standing still just outside the wompah.
    I suspect there are times when they aren't there but I haven't the patience to park an omni alt there for 24 hours.
    I parked my yalm well above them for 12 hours while prepping to run the grid quest earlier this week, and they didn't move at all. Maybe I'll sit back with a coupla cold ones this evening and park for a full 24 to be sure. Doesn't look like they're on a rotation, but that does need to be verified.

For the original poster: when the music changes, fly straight up ... it was the only way I could reliably get into ent. Also, I added another 256M of memory to my box to try to get the zone to load a little quicker, and I think it helped. I could probably drop another $300 usd on a video card and get even better zone loads. I'm starting to think, what with Funcom's zone loading process, that they're in league with hardware manufacturers ...

Anyway, other tips: go low-rez on your graphics configuration, and turn off all effects. Seems to speed up the loading process for me. Also, don't run in windowed mode while doing the actual quest.

Cheers.
    As we know, There are known knowns.
    There are things we know we know.
    We also know There are known unknowns.
    That is to say We know there are some things We do not know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns,
    The ones we don't know We don't know.

- Rumsfeld, 02/12/2002

Followup: the game day is either 27 or 28 in-game hours long lol ... i camped from 00:00 to 00:00 watching the guards at the 20k whompa in ent. They don't rotate.

Cheers.
    As we know, There are known knowns.
    There are things we know we know.
    We also know There are known unknowns.
    That is to say We know there are some things We do not know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns,
    The ones we don't know We don't know.

- Rumsfeld, 02/12/2002