Thread: I was wondering...

Talking I was wondering...

For starters, I thought long and hard whether I should use the lightbulb or the smiley face to characterize this post. That's important as, I'm about to propose the stupidest thing I've ever thought of...

First a little background. I went out to hunt at shades over the weekend. It was my first time there and I thought it was pretty cool. The mobs were definitely interesting and it kept a certain level of excitement which I was looking for. Now, as we approached further north, we came to this desert and someone said something about a sandworm. I immediately thought 'ha ha - yeah this does look a lot like dune.' But, no they were serious. Ther are apparently sandworms in the game. I thought for a while and went 'Oooooooooooh very cool. What level are they?' The guys looked at me kind of funny and estimated between level 130 and level 150, and I jokingly said, 'so we can take 'em, right?' (I am a level 60 char =)) No, we didn't try... they finally understood I was joking and relaxed, as they'd gotten very nervous when I suggested it.

So here's my question: How many level 60 characters would it take to successfully defeat a sandworm? I admit this is completely stupid, I can't begin to imagine who would even begin to think about doing something like this, but at the same time - I soooo want to see what the corpse of one of them looks like. I just gotta take a crack at one some time... Its a major irrational jonesing which I have developed in the past 2 days... I just gotta know... So, anybody? Anybody on RK-2 wanna take a crack at one. Sure, its a great way to find yourself back at a reclaim terminal, but wow! Wouldn't it be fun just to try. Death isn't permanent on Rubi-ka... sometimes you need to have fun with it.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Sandworms are big, mean and ugly.

Now, I guess the best way of going for them would be a lot of efficient chain rooters in a circle around it, keeping it at bay whilst the artillery bummels it to the ground.

As for numbers, I don't even want to start guessing. However, a reclaim close by might be handy. =)
    Oh, and it might be best if the worm was alone..one wouldn't want to run into their friends. (Anchorites jump to mind.. brrr...)
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

i went ot mort once

met a sandowrm

looked at it funny

1 hit

1500ish damage

I woke up in Newland
    Everybody needs an 808
    Everybody needs a 303

Talking

Great info rollo! That means that an enforcer can probably sustain 3 hits before he dies. With the help of a few docs, maybe even four! Now, I just need to find like 50 enforcers and about 150 docs to keep them healthy...

Why kill sandworms, Yyerifhar? Besides being cute, they are bound to be more fun to ride, Fremen style! Imagine being able to mount one, controll it to take you across the desert (at speed) while being safe from aggro mobs! Job for a Crat? Hmmmm

/me dreams, I know
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Yyerinfhar - you know me!

Assuming we fixers didn't do min damage vs the monster, I'm in - not that I could ever expect to survive, but just to see it with my own Special eyes

Hrmm well from my expierance it takes a full team of 70ish, around 15mins to kill a medusa elite soldier. They hit like girls though.(well they are)

So supposing you could keep alive, I would figure 20-30 mins for you kill it.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

Oh, yes..one more thing.

Those sandy worms and their relatives move fast.

I mean, no hope even for a fixer to keep their distance unless flying. =)
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Originally posted by MrGumby
    Why kill sandworms, Yyerifhar? Besides being cute, they are bound to be more fun to ride, Fremen style! Imagine being able to mount one, controll it to take you across the desert (at speed) while being safe from aggro mobs! Job for a Crat? Hmmmm

/me dreams, I know
    Ok MrGumby,
    You have without a doubt stated the absolute best reason to be a crat. Now, imagine a little crat walking peacfully through the desert in a 0% zone seemingly all by himself, now a whole party of player says 'hah! we can take him!'

Yeah, suddenly there is a sandworm coming up from under them swallowing a good portion of thier party in a few hits. This would be the absolute funniest thing *ever.* Gimped yes, but gimped with a sandworm is still deadly.

So, don't be surprised if someone goes out and starts a Crat named Muad'Dib - you know what his goal is.

Dear Funcom, please, please make it possible to ride creatures. If for no other reason than this.

killing is one thing but riding now thats a little too far, but its cool to dream especially of having a KA monster at your command *drools*
    "It takes an idiot and a braveman to taunt a bear"
    "There is a fine line between being courageous and being stupid. When in a desperate situation the brave will fight until an opportunity arises and take it. In the same situation the stupid will continue to fight, miss the opportunities, and won't withdraw."