Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the theatrically inclined

For the theatrically inclined

For reasons known only to me… I would like to produce a play. I would like to perform a reproduction of Macbeth, Rubi-Ka Style. To do this I need three things.

1. Actors: If you are familiar with the Old Earth Play, Macbeth (ooc: have the script) and are of the theatrical persuasion, contact me on Atlantean in Omni-Tek. I am looking specifically for
    a. 3 nanomages who can disappear
    b. A solitus male with the skills to wield swords and daggers

All actors are expected to have skills in one-hand melee or be female (ex Lady Macbeth, who must wield daggers) The roles are mostly non gender specific. People wishing small roles must provide helmets to act as guards at some point.

2. Stage: Anyone who can get us a stage would be greatly appreciated.

3. Stage Director: A wealthy personage who could get us props (daggers, swords maybe something that resembles a caldron, ect.)

If you have any interest, or wish to donate cash or props to our cause, contact me. (ooc: My times are aprox 3-5 USA eastern standard time weeknights and off and on during the weekends. Sorry bout the odd hours.) Thank you all and please check the board for further announcements.

Edit [If you do want to recomend someone, make sure they are on RK-1 and tell them about it. I don't have time to run down evry recomendation. Post here, OR, contact me BTW email Truedarkdreamer@yahoo.com]
    Last edited by Lyric; Mar 6th, 2003 at 00:55:16.
    Gaylene 'Lyric' Scheer - Level 30 NT Atlantean
    The Power is in the Music: Sing and Taste the Magic

(i recomend Oliewabie who does a FANTASTIC solo version of the Odyessy)
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

For a stage, if you are Omni there is something of an amphitheatre in 4 Holes (on foot it's the town furthest way from the whompa - I forget the name).

For clan Rising Sun has an open area that would make a decent stage.

I would think "the Scottish play" might be a rather ambitious thing to aim for, especially as a first production. But then I reminded of the only other play I have seen on Rubi-Ka, The Odessey as performed by Ollewabie and that was absolutely sensational. So best of luck!
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 6th, 2003 at 00:57:47.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Thank you for the stage ideas. As soon as I have a date, I will try to let everyone know.

I would like to do this in Omni but if I end up with lots of clanners, this isn't about the war. This is about bringing peace and happieness to a war torn world.

Peace OUT!!!

Err ya!

Is it my diseased imagination or does the concept of forming an unofficial organization (think group of friends with a common interest) based around actors preforming famous theatrical peices "Rubi-Ka Style" appeal to anyone else? I mean, who can resist a rendition of "The Glass Menagerie" or "Hamlet" or "Death of a Salesman" (For all you TL 2 Traders out there) or even the possiblity of a massive Clan/Omni production of "Romeo and Juliet" out in Stret West Bank? (People need to be willing to loose at PvP do do this one properly ) You know, something to provide the citizens of Atlantean a break from the standard genocide and conquest.

Call me crazy

-Shuldrich

um.. yeah.. Lyric is bugging me to, so I guess you can contact me if you want to contact someone about this. I'm Rokam in game, or goldom@hotmail.com ...

Omni-Hq, the center platform, would make a great stage. You do your thing in the center with everyone around. Mind you it's a low gas zone so you could risk gankage.
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

Why not use the big satellite dish outside Borealis as an amphitheatre? 75% gas so no risk of gankers interfering, grid access for the clans, whompa access for everyone else and only the lowest level mobs to worry about (ie. about level 16 max).

The dish it big enough that you could fit quite an audience on one side of it, and still have plenty of room to stage the play on the other.

Pity I'm on the wrong dimension for this one...

Cheers,

~R~

Wow! Thanks for all the support! I'm glad that the citizens of Rubi-Ka are interested in more things than fighting.

to Shuldrich: A guild would be incredible. If you wish to assist me with this performance. send me a tell or E-mail me. This applies to all interested.

As a side note. I will not be performing in the play. Just directing/watching.

(ooc: can someone with extensive wisdom of scripts contact me about the fight/murder sceens. I will do Pvp if needed but I'd like to keep it simple and not leave it up to chance.)

Thanks to all!!!

More actors!

After consulting with Goldom (aka Rokam) I need to request a few more People. I need severl MPs for creation of the apperitions. A BUNCH of crats, to make the eight kings apperition, and an Engi to create messengers. These people can hold other roles! A female Nanomage MP can be both apperition and a witch if they have conceal!!!

Pleas get back to me at my E-mail or the board. Or buffer me a tell... I will get them later!

Originally posted by Lyric

I would like to do this in Omni but if I end up with lots of clanners, this isn't about the war. This is about bringing peace and happieness to a war torn world.
    ((ooc)) lol, bringing peace to a wartorn world with a play like MacBeth. I think it's a great idea. Wish I had more time on my hands or else I'd be glad to be in your play. Was always tossing around the idea in my head.

Bump for a great idea
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Mabey you could do Romeo and Juliet after this one?

/me looks up and blows a kiss at her Romeo
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

((Bad double post, bad))
    Last edited by Lesentia; Mar 6th, 2003 at 04:52:44.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Ok, I'm gonna do a bad thing an bump myself

Also I am adding another contact for anyone who cant reach me for whatever reason. ogmiosreq@artofthought.net He will be able to forward stuff to me and act as my secratary (ooc:becasue My E-mail is fritzy)

Thanks Again =)

Originally posted by Lesentia
    Mabey you could do Romeo and Juliet after this one?

/me looks up and blows a kiss at her Romeo
    They killed themselves though......
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox

They killed themselves though......
    LOL

Party pooper!
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Sidarion had volunteered to be in a play for the now defunct Angels of Light...maybe he might have some interest here?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

ooc:

I do stage theater and shows in RL, so I would be in for this. I have an Omni Alt that can be in. His name is Benjacrat.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I think this is an awesome idea and I'm TOTALLY there to see the play whenever it happens.

However, I hate to be the only one to point this out, but:

Outside locations are bad, evil, and will crash, lag, and destroy your faces to the point that the cast and audience will have approximately zero enjoyment.

PLEASE do not have this play or any other public production in an outside zone. if you have more than 30 or so people there, crowd control will kick in, and if it doesn't, the zone WILL crash. I've seen no exception to this rule, ever. (the few "unlaggy" events pointed out to me did not have that many people, and even those who were there didn't realize there were about 40 more people who couldn't get into the area without crashing).

My recommendation: Neutral indoor area. Reets is probably the most convenient to allow viewers of any level and both factions. The area below the glass floor would also serve well as a stage, offering viewers a choice of just about any seating location (even directly above!)

And warping can be done to bring more people in once the zone starts rotating (and still little to no crashes...wee!)
    Last edited by Tarryk; Mar 6th, 2003 at 19:02:55.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast