Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING to all Guild Leaders

As I said in the "disclaimer" I was forced to post as a response, I did not directly single you out as a spy. I have always known of your connection to the NLF, from the moment you first posted your application with WE. In the brief encounters we have had, I have always treated you as a member of the family.

Does that mean that I trust you? Certainly not. But, as with everything else, trust is earned. Am I willing to give the opportunity to do so? Certainly. I would have shunned you long ago was I not.

However, history has tought us that military action is almost always accompanied by espionage. The two are part and parcel. Once I read the text of the BORPACT and Saturday's speech, it got me thinking. How could attacks best be timed? How could relative force strengths and weaknesses be gauged? And as such, I posted this warning.

Much as (to use an example) Meister would be watched like a hawk if he suddenly jumped ship and joined Mercury Dragons, so too should others expect similar scrutiny.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

I have always personally trusted my friend Tifanyx and believe this recent madness is a result of some insanity that has befallen him.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

It doesn't at all sound like the Tiff I came to know. Yes he had concerns but I thought I had laid them to rest.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

You are all wondering what people my fair Queen Fleshreaper was talking about in her comment about returning the land. All the people who will remain on Rubi-Ka AFTER THE MINING HAS STOPPED. Most of the poeple on Rubi-Ka today, more so omni than clan, plan to leave when it is no longer profitable to stay. Those people we are not fighting for. Nor are we fighting for the people who are harming OUR people. So we are not speaking of everyone on Rubi-Ka today, that would be ludicrus. We are speaking of the Rubi-Kans.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Aazamon
    You are all wondering what people my fair Queen Fleshreaper was talking about in her comment about returning the land. All the people who will remain on Rubi-Ka AFTER THE MINING HAS STOPPED. Most of the poeple on Rubi-Ka today, more so omni than clan, plan to leave when it is no longer profitable to stay. Those people we are not fighting for. Nor are we fighting for the people who are harming OUR people. So we are not speaking of everyone on Rubi-Ka today, that would be ludicrus. We are speaking of the Rubi-Kans.
    Listen to me Aazamon. I care about the plight of the nanomage people. Not as much as you because I am not a nanomage, but I care as much as a non-nanomage can. However, you will not be able to stop the mining! Even if you stop OmniTek, the ICC itself will invade and take all the notum, even faster than OmniTek was mining it! You will have a much shorter lifespan for your race and you will have brought it upon yourself!

So according to you Uwen I should just burry my head in the sand and accept mass genocide?
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Aazamon
    So according to you Uwen I should just burry my head in the sand and accept mass genocide?
    No, but if you do this, you are only SPEEDING up your genocide! The other corporations will strip the planet so fast, your head will spin! At least at the current rate, you should have some time to figure out a way to release the nanomage from its dependency on notum

No, but if you do this, you are only SPEEDING up your genocide! The other corporations will strip the planet so fast, your head will spin! At least at the current rate, you should have some time to figure out a way to release the nanomage from its dependency on notum

Where may I ask do you have information to back this outragious claim?

If I may ask.. What will enable other corporations to strip the
    planet any faster than Omni Tek and the current independent
    mines are doing now..?

Just seems that Omni-Tek being arguable the most powerful and
    advanced hyper-coperation in the galaxy would have the best
    means of performing such an action.. not other corporations that
    do not have the privilage of the technology gained by Omni Tek
    over the time they have occupied the planet..

Sorry I just find your Speeding up your demise rhetoric extremely
    flawd in the way you present it...

Say a scenerio presents itself that the BOREPAC extremist fullfill
    their goal and stop mining, even forcing Omni off the planet..
    The ICC and all of these corporations that will rush in to enslave
    everyone and strip the planet will have it soo easy.. Yes?
    I think not..

Imagine ICC and several other corporations rushing to stake their
    claim on mining Notum etc... Yes it would cast Rubi Ka into
    turmoil.. but do you honestly think any one Corporation would
    have soul control.. No way in hell.. They would be fighting wars
    on so many fronts no one would have the rescources to
    concentrate on mining only.. In fact I would doubt very little
    mining would be accomplished due to the conflict it would cause..

I know Naxilite and Fleashreaper very well and consider them both friends..
    Do I agree with their methods?
    No I do not.. I do find their causes just..
    I can not say I agree with the way they try
    to employ them though...

Uwen you are an intelligent person I believe and you have a
    strong voice.. Your greatist flaw is your ability to be swept up by
    propaganda and in turn spew such as if it's gospel...

I will not even begin to comment on your new overnight
    acceptance and attitude regarding Elite Operations..

Sighs..
    Walks off wondering what new crusade will be applauded or
    what condemned action will be tomorrow's popular opinion...

I guess i've just never been a fan of jumping on and off bandwagons..
    I choose to live day by day and work towards a better tomorrow..

Thinks.. maybe Im just in a bad mood..

Shakes her head.. Nah maybe I just need a drink...

edited for formating
    Last edited by Cyani; Mar 6th, 2003 at 03:37:17.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Thank you for calling me an intelligent person. I resent, however, the assumption that I jumped on any kind of bandwagon, especially in regards to EO. Throughout the EO problems, I've maintained that EO was trying to act in the best interests of the neutrals (()), but made a grave error. I wanted to give the new president a chance because I believe she is very promising. I jumped on no bandwagon there. And I jumped on no bandwagon against the BORPACT either. I was presented with a very logical outcome. I feel that if the ICC took charge of a coalition to invade RubiKa to ensure to notum flowed, that there could be cooperation among the companies. Many of them just want OmniTek off the top and getting cheap notum for their own companies is a good deal as well. OmniTek tries to keep a slow supply of notum going out to the galaxy so they can control the price. Yes, I suppose it is possible that when the companies got ehre they couldn't mine notum because they would be so busy fighting over each other but what kind of life is that? You want to allow even more war? Even more corporations? Even more bloodshed? And eventually one of them would win out and continue exporting notum. And we would be right back where we started, except with lives and time wasted.
    Last edited by Uwen; Mar 6th, 2003 at 04:16:43.

Throughout the EO problems, I've maintained that EO was trying to act in the best interests of the clans, but made a grave error.
    Tries very hard to stifle her laughter...

Trying to act in the "Best Interest" of the Clans?

EO has never tried to act in any interest for the Clans..
    honestly I do not expect them to either.. They are Neutral..

Perhaps you meant Trying to act in best interst for the neutrals..

There I would agree yes .. perhaps they made a grave error and
    truly only ever wanted to ensure the Neutrals remained safe from
    the likes of the Sentinels and such...

I never claimed that my above scenerio was acceptable.. I just
    merely stated it as your plause that it would speed the demise of
    Nanomages etc.. had no basis for reality...

I also have to smile at the fact you thought I was aiming directly
    at you regarding the bandwagon comment.. Little defensive I see..
    Really it was just a broad generalization of how some people
    react to propaganda and such these days..

~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

((LOL BIG TYPO! Ok, lets start over shall we? Uwen's not THAT stupid... I think....))
    Last edited by Uwen; Mar 6th, 2003 at 04:19:08.

Cyani, I usually try to not speak out of turn, but Uwen has a point about mining speed.

Before, when OT had a monopoly on mining it was bad enough. Now everybody here can - and do - mine. This is worse.

If and when OT-RK fails to deliver _any_ notum off-planet, then ICC will come and get it themselves.
    And that will make it a mad scramble of all possible corporations coming here to get the most notum in the shortest time possible, just like a swarm of locusts on old Earth. Many times worse than it is now.

This is a likely - in my mind - scenario, but it cannot be proven until it is too late for all of us.

Of course, this scenario could be avoided if humans have learned to take care of Nature while carefully extracting only the necessary resources - which we have shown in history to be singularly unable to do.
    And I don't see any sign that we, here on RK, have found a way to do this.

That said, no, do not close your eyes to this mining madness.
    Notum is vital to Nanomages, and for most of us living here it is not an option to move to some strange planet. This is our home, wartorn though it is.
    But for any regulation to be effective, there has to be a compromise, some way to give as much as possible to all involved. And keep our world safe for us at the same time.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12