Thread: The Ninja of A.I.R!!

Unhappy The Ninja of A.I.R!!

Last night while performing a noble task for a man, who wouldn’t like to have his name mentioned here, I entered a house in Home East.

While preparing for the battle ahead, we agreed the looting was for all, and anything good, we divide among us, on the lottery principle, everyone agreed to that, and then my mighty team started to perform the noble task of removing the OT occupation troops stationed there.

The first part was tough, but trough hard work and a bit of good luck we cleared the first rooms.

Then a MA of A.I.R started to pull the OT troops to the door for us to kill them, shortly after he started to pull, we started getting reports that indicated that he was looking in all chests while he ran by them.

Oh well as team leader I told him that looting chests was considered ok, as long as he shared his loot with his team. I got the response "OK" so I thought nothing of if, until the message contained the words "Notum" and "ql 200" in the same line. Naturally we where very excited, since this could mean a large boost for our team, so started a roll. Everyone had a fair chance, and Jpegg, an Agent of Excalibur won the roll, now the MA didn’t understand the simplest language on his comm., and he kept the fragment for himself.

This was not the way we wanted it to go :-( But after some messaging i got the answer that
    "He could open the chests so he should get all the loot".

After this the team broke up, and I had to return to my employer and tell him the mission was a failure.

Just a warning to you all, even the nicest player may turn out to be more aligned with OT that you think.

Stoffer “Team Leader”
    149 Clan Doc

(OOC) Last night I was on a mission with http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../name/kreathor of the clan http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/stats/d/1/name/315393. While we where buffing we decided to leave team loot at all, and anything good would be rolled apon(namely Fragments and dog tags). But kreathor decided that since he was pulling mobs to the entrance and he could open chests, he should get all the content of said chests.
    Naturally we asked him to concentrate on the pulling, and that we would share whatever was in the chest when the floor was clear. He just kept doing it, and the final straw was when he looted a ql 200 Notum fragment, and didn’t "understand" what I wrote to him in English, because he was French. So I tried Babel Fish as translator from my English to something as close to French as I could manage, still no reply while asking him to give the fragment to Jpegg.
    Later I just got “I can open the chests, so I should get everything that’s in it” line, and I did something I haven’t done in a long time ”./ignore kreathor”. Just a warning for the rest of you guys out there.
    As someone once said:
    I’m not mad I’m just disappointed
    Last edited by Stoffer; Mar 4th, 2003 at 01:10:21.

You know what I do in such cases?

Might seem a bit drastic, but what always works imho is, when you are team leader, let him pull, midfight, the rest of the team stops attacking. Let the character in question draw the aggro (preferrably when there are adds around) and then just kick him out of team in midfight.

The sight of him going down, shouting for help can be quite amusing and ahhh... in fact rewarding. (*chuckles*)

He will keep his uber loot, but will at least not reap the XP from a mish that he carried out on the backs of the other team mates.

I know it is harsh, some might say even fiendish, but if someone chooses to ignore basic rules of working in a team, my opinion is that he should be shown that he might as well and go try to do it ALL by himself.

Sid

I think i have a 162+ notum frag in inv.

As leader of A.I.R., i'll give it to Jpegg for compensation.

I'll have a talk with Kreathor as i'll see him online.
    Arlister, Suprem Creator.
    Unit-Leader Ancarim Iron Legion.

Props to Arli.

He shows a quality too rare these days in regards to Org leadership...responsibility for their members actions.

I do not mean that he is culpable in the Ninja event, but he shows that the guild tag he bears means something to him, and He is willing to put his own fate and fortune on the line to defend it.

Bliqz Snaps to attention, and salutes Arli.

Well done, Sir.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Thx

As i said, i'll give Jpegg a fragment... but i'd like to talk to each party and a third party team member to know what really happened.

I don't mind about a fragment and i don't want to see my org blamed for so few

I think that what happened is probably that Kreathor don't understand a single word of english and misunderstood what his teamates said
    Arlister, Suprem Creator.
    Unit-Leader Ancarim Iron Legion.

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Props to Arli.

He shows a quality too rare these days in regards to Org leadership...responsibility for their members actions.

I do not mean that he is culpable in the Ninja event, but he shows that the guild tag he bears means something to him, and He is willing to put his own fate and fortune on the line to defend it.

Bliqz Snaps to attention, and salutes Arli.

Well done, Sir.
    Well said Bliqzsy!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Thumbs up

I salute you Arli, both for the fact that you will look into it, and for the way you are doing it.
    This has restored my faith in the principles of the Clans, and if Jpegg happens to be compensated, it will be a bonus.

/me Salutes Arli

Stoffer

(OOC):
    Thank you very much Arli for looking into it.
    I'v also come to the conclusion that it must be a misunderstanding, now that i have had a good sleep.
    Anyone know of a good tool to translate French to English and back again, so we can overcom this language barrier, with us Skandinavians only speaking English and not French.

Only other team member i rember was HealerKat, cant remember the last 2, will ask arround and drop you a line Arli, if i remember their names.

As for letting people getting kill, it might be satisfying to watch, but nothing id ever do intentionally. Thats just not the way I work.

Well...

use the GERMANS as translators...

MUAHAHAHAHA!

((OOC I am German))

Sid

Hurray for a leader taking responsibility for their members! All too often when a problem is reported all you ever get it "Too bad...I don't care".
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Hurray for a leader taking responsibility for their members! All too often when a problem is reported all you ever get it "Too bad...I don't care".
    *cough* Meister *cough* *cough Sorry, have a bad cold
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Sidarion
    You know what I do in such cases?

Might seem a bit drastic, but what always works imho is, when you are team leader, let him pull, midfight, the rest of the team stops attacking. Let the character in question draw the aggro (preferrably when there are adds around) and then just kick him out of team in midfight.

The sight of him going down, shouting for help can be quite amusing and ahhh... in fact rewarding. (*chuckles*)

He will keep his uber loot, but will at least not reap the XP from a mish that he carried out on the backs of the other team mates.

I know it is harsh, some might say even fiendish, but if someone chooses to ignore basic rules of working in a team, my opinion is that he should be shown that he might as well and go try to do it ALL by himself.

Sid
    I love this :P I would have just kicked the dude from the mission, but oh no, this is GOLD. Also I find it funny when classes that don't have green B/E max it so they can open those highlvl chests, and they gimp on something else.

/me thinks he is going to try this method when in a lowbie team
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"