Of course

We don't need FC to roleplay.
All we need is a setting.
However, a storyline from FC was promised, but I haven't seen it have much impact on the game since I came back, and ..
While we don't need one to RP, the setting needs it to change.
We players can change, but, except on rare occasions, only ourselves ..

With that in mind, we can make our own versions of things, and that's fine. Restart some plot involving the dust brigade and so on .. But ..

After the Henry Radiman assasination, f.ex .. Lots of RPers and RPing groups made their own versions of whodunnits and what happened. Actually, it all became so much, the various stories started conflicting with eachother, and in a sense, there were some truth in each and every one of them as long as some players played along with them .. FC forgot about the whole thing, of course. They probably never knew people were interested.

In any case, the story affected all players, not just the RPers. Maybe not much, but a little .. And it had a major impact on the storyline of the game. To the RPers, most lost their faith in the CoT, not knowing wether Henry or his clone was alive. All in all, it probably was one of the things that built up to the end of the amnesty.

And it was a storyline move that, even though FC didn't follow up much on it, players could use and weave in their RP plots.

I'm not saying we depend on it to RP, far from it. The most involving RP plots probably won't be something FC is doing way over your head. But we are paying for it, and it's more likely to make the setting change.

I don't like the storyline static Rubi-Ka.

This turned into a rant.