Thread: Funcom is letting cancelled members come back

Funcom is letting cancelled members come back

Former Players Invited to Trial of The Notum Wars
    03 March, 2003
    Editor

We have today unlocked cancelled Anarchy Online accounts for a 30 day free trial of the The Notum Wars. The reason for this is to allow former players to try out the booster pack with their old characters.

From the press release:

"We’re extremely proud of the product and the unique gameplay it adds to the game," Funcom CEO Trond Aas explains, "but we feel our regular free trial is more a trial of Anarchy Online, not The Notum Wars. Land control and organisation warfare can take a little time to get into, so we wanted to let former subscribers log on their characters and get straight into the action without having to level up a new character first."

E-mails have been sent out to all former players who are eligible to take advantage of the offer. Some people might have changed their contact information since they had an active Anarchy Online account. More information can be found here.
    Wow this is good news! This way we'll see some of our old friends!
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

This is less than good news, in my opinion... it looks like a desperate move.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

it's nice so people can see NW if they cancelled.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by Jynne
    Sony has sent out similiar emails to cancelled subscribbers offering the same for EQ, so calling it a act of desperation is a little unfair. Even UO, when it was still at the top of it's heights did a similiar offer.

I honestly hope that some of my RL friends who cancelled very early on will decide to take advantage of this and try out the game again, as I have.

OOC

I'd like to see some old friends come back. A lot of people cancelled when the game was very buggy. You have to admit that AO of today has a lot less problems and a lot more content than AO of a year ago. Of course...I wish I could get a free month for being a LOYAL customer since game launch but that's the subject for another debate.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Jynne
    It looks like a pre-emptive "Strike", to try to sway former AO players back before they go try out a certain new MMORPG.

I wouldn't call it "desperate", its more strategy than anything.

-Tifanyx

Bluh, A Shame banned accounts wont be reactivated, Would be cool to see Silkex ingame again
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Well...I have no sympathy for most baned people 'cause they deserved it. Silkex was an...interesting...person though. *meow*
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.