Thread: Mobs in Camelot Dungeon...

Question Mobs in Camelot Dungeon...

Anyone know why one mob hits for 30-100 damage, and then the next hits for 600-1000 damage.. this is not right, something must be wrong with them.

I'm level 109 Adventurer and i have over 3000 AC, and they are green to me!

Is this a bug?

Crits?

Maybe the 600 - 1000 damage are the crits (critical hits)?

Angry Re: Crits?

Originally posted by Berlioz
    Maybe the 600 - 1000 damage are the crits (critical hits)?
    I'm not sure. But it still seems weird... am i the only one this happens too?

what are you other people getting hit for by the Minions, and what is your level, AC and Evades?

Could someone at funcom ever answer a stinking question? what should i be getting hit for???

It's true, throuout the whole dungeon there's two different styles of mobs. One version hits me for 30 points of damage every hit and I can kill them fairly easily, the other kind hits me for 500 pts plus and they kill me in 5 hits or so. I thought it might have to do with weapons or something but the club wielders and the sword wielders are equally likely to be either sort.

Kinda weird

No, I would say that the mobs are just critting you.

In my case its either 36, or 630 odd damage. Any mob can go 36,36,36,36,630,630,36,630 or so.

Just appears to be the "Weapon" that the minions use.

Exclamation

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    [B]No, I would say that the mobs are just critting you.

i would have to dissagree with you. the ones that hit for 30-90 never hit for over that.

and the ones that it for 600+, hit for 600+ every time

have you been to there and experienced this for your self? you can't just assume, you have to experience it
    Last edited by Luxferro; Feb 11th, 2002 at 03:21:13.

Originally posted by Sredni
    It's true, throuout the whole dungeon there's two different styles of mobs. One version hits me for 30 points of damage every hit and I can kill them fairly easily, the other kind hits me for 500 pts plus and they kill me in 5 hits or so. I thought it might have to do with weapons or something but the club wielders and the sword wielders are equally likely to be either sort.

Kinda weird
    ya, i thought it might have to do with their weapon too. but expericed the same as you.

i also thought it might be their level, some are one more click higher, but that doesn't make a difference either. it just seems to be a random..

i'll been playing around in there collecting some unique swords (when omni's aren;t trying to kill me). and i just try to run back to stairs when i get one that hits for 600+

Yes I have been there, I thought thats how they went I could be wrong though, my groups generally took on many minions at once.

When i went in there 13.6 Patch day, i went in with my lvl 147 Bureaucrat Minion. Down the steps and Into some of the rooms, First room i encountered had 2 Green Minion Skeletons, me being 110. I casted area root and Mez'd one sending my pet at the other. I noticed that my pet was hitting the Sword minion for 1147 Every hit and was being hit for 675 Every hit. Then I checked my pets health and saw he was down to half health. Then my pet lost aggro and the minion turned to me and hit me twice for 675 each hit, For 3 or 4 hits, I had only 500 ac in Rad and Disease. Cuz of my crat suit, I was not wearing any other armor. I just went in there and Found the Club weilding minion hitting me for 55-200. Strange i think. But i did not have a Pet this time or was i able to see if i could get hit by the Sword weilding Skeleton Because my Internet is bad tonight and i had a 13324 Ping.

It's not likely that a mob that hits for 36 can get a crit for 600-1000, MiKEBOND. Either way, all that I know of that's been down there wonder about the same thing. The very same mobs excist in 2 versions. One hard-hitting and one weakling...

First Scaled Lizard I met, I killed with only dropping to 70% hp, and I thought, OMG this is easy! .. Next one hit me for 700+ every hit, blam! Respawn Terminal, hello!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Same here
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Silver lining

IS that the same mobs that ALWAYS crits in the dungeon, ALWAYS take crit hits themself, I hit for 1.2k every 1 sec or so, and with the pet tanking they go gown fast, and my attack rating is like 350 or so and I rarely vrit leets so it has to bet crit chnce that are messed for some mobs.

Dont even bother to shoot the "unbugged minions", hit for 10-100, and they a few HP better nuke em.

Yours
    Fury

Hey, are there any moderators to this board?

Can someone on the AO/Funcom side look into or verify this?

maybe the reason there isn't ever any responses or order to peoples question is because of the name "Anarchy Online"?

Maybe Funcom should change there name to Anarchy Online :\

Hmm, just one question.. Do you have a huge difference between your duck skill and the other two evades?

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Hmm, just one question.. Do you have a huge difference between your duck skill and the other two evades?
    ya, but why should that matter?

there is definatelty a big difference between two versions of the same minion...

i would just like to know why there are 2 versions and which is the right one?

if it is the ones that hit for 600-1000, than that is way too overpowering, since they are green to me...

red brigs and generals hit me for 600 tops on a normal hit (more on a crit), mostly 300-500 ( i know they are 2 different types of mobs, one melee, the other melee and ranged). but basing the damage a borg does to the damage the hard minions do is way out of proportion based on their level (color).

and i'm not saying that is should be easy, but there are lots of mobs in there and if they attack you all at once then you better run or have a area root or calm... even if they only hit for 100.