Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pie Factory

The Pie Factory

The aroma was intoxicating; the senses bought alive by the scents of meat, pastry and other confectionary. It hung in the wind, thickly, like incense as it drifted from the newly swept buildings where a small cadre of Borealis solitus, opifex and nanomage worked preparing the products on offer. Three Atrox worked briskly to complete the first packages to be sent to Newland. A leet, attracted by the scent, was sent scampering away in fear as an old bot, reconfigured for security shooed it away.

Oswald "Fatozzie" Croteau inhaled the scents and the scene intently. He stood on a balcony in the main building, looking down from his office perch at the hive of activity below, puffed up like a great big podgey parrot with bald, shining head which glistened in its halo of nano bots.

It was actually coming to pass: his dream -a new venture to capture the small, but profitable food market he had identified. The accountants had done their work and his backers had agreed with his proposal. Now, basking in the first rush of pleasure at his acheivement, he could easily envision the profits that would come tumbling in.

Soon his brand of good quality pies would be spreading to all outlets across the planet. On the back of the demand pies, as expressed by his contacts in the rumour mill, he would build for himself and his backers an culinary empire.

The game was afoot. Surely nothing could stop him now.

An Advertisement

*Found pasted to a wall along the central avenue of Newland*

Feeling Hungry?
    Tired of the same old Mongol Meal and Bronto Burger?
    Then Try...
    WESTERN BOREALIS PIES
    Yes, try a Pie!
    We have a range of High Quality Pies for your Enjoyment:
    Galway Bronto
    VegiePie
    Newland Meatery
    and the vitally refreshing
    Reet Thunderstorm (made with a rich variety of native Rubikan herbs and ****es)
    Go on!
    Try A Pie!

"Experience the Power of the Pie"
    Western Borealis -proudly Rubikan made and owned!

I can already see the marquee...

An off-Rome production! The Omni-Community Theatre proudly presents, for a limited engagement...

SWEENEY OSWALD: the musical

Featuring the smash hit, "Have a little nanomage"....

(( ooc: All right, all right... let's see how many of you know what the hell I'm talking about. Enough blank looks, and I'll explain ))
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

Hehe, easy enough for anyone in Britain. But wasn't it Todd rather than Oswald originally?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hmm... come to think of it, Sweeny was the barber, though. It was that woman who ran the pie shop...

So, perhaps to preserve a sense of continuity, Fatozzie won't mind putting on this dress and bonnet?
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

Question If Only You Knew...

If only you knew who the backers of this little project was... then you'd see some continuity

As it is, Fatozzie's business has no plans at present to put out a "mutant" (or any other breed) flavoured pie. However, if there is a submission of interest from the public....

Headmaster MacGreggor listened to his leet's report.

"So someone thinks they can edge in on the School of Culinary Arts turf eh? We'll soon put an end to this!"
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Yeah!

I shall supply them solely with spiked food sacks from now on!

Sid

Originally posted by Sidarion
    Yeah!

I shall supply them solely with spiked food sacks from now on!

Sid
    /gloat

"Exceeeellent!"

*sobs a tear of joy*

Let the school (The Rubi-Ka School of Culinary Arts) teach the employees of the pie factory to make better pies... in the end, The Council of Atroxes has jurisdiction over All Pie.

*grins*

We need more pie factories out there I say!
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

There is a school of Culinary Arts? Who knew? Can I have a pie?
    Gaylene 'Lyric' Scheer - Level 30 NT Atlantean
    The Power is in the Music: Sing and Taste the Magic

Originally posted by Lyric
    There is a school of Culinary Arts? Who knew? Can I have a pie?
    *chomps* Pie? What pie?
    *Chomps again!*
    General of Apocaylpse

Power to the Atrox!

Hold on a minute!

Lyric, why do need to go to that old school of wannabe chefs?
    Buy a Western Borealis Pie instead -much more yummy! We don't have your flavour, don't worry -we will make it!

Experience the power of pie! Have a Western Borealis Pie today!
    Here, have one on the house!

And YOU, Uwen... I know what your planning! Don't bet on pulling a fast one over me!

*glares, shakes his fist and moves to protect his precious supply of pies*

YumYum Crow :

only to hear:

*chomps*
    Hmm, not as filling as Uwens, but they'll do.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Re: Hold on a minute!

Originally posted by YumYum Crow
    Lyric, why do need to go to that old school of wannabe chefs?
    Buy a Western Borealis Pie instead -much more yummy! We don't have your flavour, don't worry -we will make it!

Experience the power of pie! Have a Western Borealis Pie today!
    Here, have one on the house!

And YOU, Uwen... I know what your planning! Don't bet on pulling a fast one over me!

The Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts will be moving to shut down your two bit operation anyday now. The Council of Atroxes have given the School their support and approval as the best pie makers out there. All of our Premium Secret Ingredient Pies (TM) are made with enslaved grandmothers so our pies taste just like that yummy homemade pie your own grandmother used to make. And considering the amount of grandmothers we've enslaved, it might be EXACTLY like the pie your grandmother used to make as it might be your grandmother that made it! Of course, even our Yum E Pie (TM) series, made by normal slaves... er.. students is better than your best pie! Soon the day of reckoning will come!

Hmm.. Uwens got a good point there.. *chomps on more pie*
    General of Apocaylpse

Power to the Atrox!

All is Revealed!

I knew you were a secret Omni sleeper cell!
    Now you have disclosed the truth!
    We shall not stand idly by while good quality pie makers are enslaved to your evil will! We shall free them in a Great War of Liberation, to be followe dby a Utopia where Pies are free for all!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!!

From the Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts Mission Statement (written by 'Troxes, revised by me):

Hey, slavey, whatsa mishy statement and is it eatable? No!? Ah. Ok, cool. Umm, the... School [Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts] is not in bed [affiliated] wit de Omnis [OmniTek Corporation] or de nuttys [neutrals] or de Council [of Truth]. Da School [Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts] is de pie fakary [factory] for the uh [training and producing of pies for the] Council [of Atroxes]. [Surplus pies are sold to bring money in for the Council of] Atroxes are cool. Ok, no more writey, head hurt.

As you can PLAINLY see, we are no affiliated with OmniTek.

A recent file was uncovered in the Archives of the Council of Atrox:

Atroxi.. atroxes... atroxen... hey whadda we call ourselfs agin? Nevamin. The Council claims jursi... juriz... judgeydictionary [jurisdiction] ova all de pie places in da world. All da pie places be sponsa'd by de Council and mus' capitalmutilate [capitulate] to da Council. All da pie places will be part of de Empire....Mmmmmm Em Pie......

So, as you can plainly see, the Western Borialis Piemakers are under the jurisdiction and control of the Council of Atroxes.

Thank you for your time,
    -Headmaster/Slave Driver
    Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast