Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bump if you Love RK2

Question Really?

Is there really that much difference between RK1 and RK2? I have mostly played on RK2, and so don't know the comparison. Are we really that much less populated...if so GREAT!! Any idea how much difference there is in pop between the 2? However, I must say no one ever gave ME money just for being new.

PS - after replying to me with my answers - SHUT UP!! If there really is that much difference let's keep it to ourselves!! All those yahoos from 1 will come over here if they find out how much better it is.

Keep RK2 pure!
    Last edited by The Grip; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 18:11:52.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Cool

Bump..

However, I would like to see some of the things I'm reading in the "story updates", every names/organisations there are from RK1, I don't think to have witnessed anything like a dust brigade member on rk2, maybe I'm just plain blind or unlucky enough to never be online when such events take place on rk2.. but what do you think about it?

Oh.. by the way I love rk2, all my friends are there as well, but I would like to see some of that action and story events

I love cheese! :P

=long live rk2=

Thumbs up Mostly a Bump

Greetings and Salutations!

No doubt Rubi Ka 2 is quieter, friendlier, more lag-free and less runaway-inflation prone than its older sister server. The missing storyline is the only disadvantage to RK2, and I've never heard a satisfactory answer to why RK2 doesn't participate. Perhaps it's the response I've heard more often than any other... that FunCom doesn't think it's worth running the storyline on such an underpopulated server. If that's the case, then so be it. Hopefully RK2 can stay the way it is for a good, long while.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Henri Blanche; Feb 18th, 2002 at 20:46:07.

sure its a little slow in the off hours and the seeking team channel isnt used to often but once u got a nice beefy friend list then you can find a team jus as easy as RK1 PLUS player to player sales are so cheap. ie QL95 plasteel for 35k as opposed to 200k+ in stores

mad BUMP

RK 1 population and RK2 population

Variety is the ****E of life!

those stats aren't very up to date

for example, there're at least 3 neutral agents over lvl 50 on rk2, 2 neutral engineers over lvl 50 and so on

but nevertheless it's nice to see an overview about the population of rubi ka

yea.....

its only updated every week/fortnight i think. But its the only place i have found that gives this info

Cool Wow!

thanks for the links bethany, that was an eye opener! Looks like I am the rarest breed on either server, the under-appreciated Bureaucrat. Long live RK2!

/whisper Now let's keep this on the DL so all those RK1 losers stay put with their 1.1 FPS in Omni-Ent.

Np

And you are damn right about your /w

Unhappy This true

I have all my char in RK2 and i love it, but i just want some event, i'm bored to see headlines in starting page concerning only RK1.

I logged on to the RK2 server yesterday because of RK1 beeing down. I started a MP and sold my backpack for 700k .

The server is not bad, but on the OT OOC channel a guy said: "Everyone spam this channel with "****"", and like 50 people did just that the next 10 minutes. People on RK2 seem childish. You never see THAT on RK1. There are also some strange players on that server.

Noone seems to want to team.. 3 guys in a row I asked to team with replied with "Sorry im loggin". What was strange is that they didn't. They just ran along killing stuff alone when they could have much more xp faster if teaming with me.

Ill continue playing my MP there though.. I might even be able to even get Neleb's robe on that server.

I enjoy playing on RK2. I get enough lag as it is. I can't imagine what RK1 must be like. I also couldn't care less about a storyline. I really don't see what the advantage is to that. I played Eq for a couple of years and I never missed the fact there was no real story going on, but that's just me.

I have had people ask to team with me when I only plan on playing for a little while, and I always decline because I don't think it's fair to the other person. you just get going good and then," I have to go, see you!". I don't know maybe I'm wrong but that doesn't seem right.

Boy! if those numbers are correct there is a huge difference between the two servers. how cool

oh ya, I have a question. do MP's start with a backpack you can sell?

Xscar
    MA
    Neutral (for now)

If MP's start with a Backpack you can sell ? No, off course not hehe.. When I logged into RK2 I got this message

"You have a prize waiting for you, use the /command claim message to receive your prize bla bla bla "

So I used the /command claim and as I expected I received the Pioneer Backpack that everyone that was playing at the start of the game receives. This means that I got the backpack on both RK1 and RK2.. Is this normal?

And about LAG: I did not see ANY difference on LAG at RK1 and RK2.. Only thing I discovered is that lag burst (yes the are there) last longer at RK2. That RK1 is more laggy is a MYTH unless you run through a big city when all the americans are playing.
    Last edited by Balderac; Feb 22nd, 2002 at 07:11:23.

Thumbs up

I have been on Rubi-Ka 1 since I bought the game last year. I read this post and tried Rubi-Ka2. I luv it. Hmmm I want my Rubi1 charcters to go to 2...... O' well its fun to start over again. I wont be goin to 1 again.

Talking well that's just GREAT!!

another friggin' player on RK2! Now are you people happy?! Soon we'll be just as gridlocked as 1 since you people couldn't keep your big mouths shut! i tried and tried to warn you, but did anyone listen to me? NO! you guys never listen! /sarcasm off.

j/k lol...welcome aboard.

Angry PS

Balderac...give me a break. you definitely DO see people being childish on RK1 also. read the thread about the failed events. i mean, some people's definition of childish is different than others. you could just be playing around with your friends and some people (who don't have friends) get upset over stuff that does NOT involve them. (just want to point out that I am NOT talking about what you mentioned about spamming the channel just to spam it. that was stupid, i totally agree) however, i enjoy it when, for instance, someone will say something like a line from a favorite movie or show on the OOC channel (it's out of char after all) to see if anyone gets it. that is how you meet people that you might like to hang out with. but i have seen people get upset over this, you can see how i feel about them below. in summary though, people on RK1 are NOT fundamentally any different than people on 2. my 2 creds...

Well the only really problem i have with Rk2 is proberbly the lesser player base! I like it crowded. But I cant say that Rk2 dosent have very nice folks on it cause it does. I like it on both servers but Rk 1 is home for me right now but ill proberbly start a new char on Rk2 when i get bored of my Enf on 1
    Well Ill Bump this thread cause i think the RK2 SUXXS is just plain lame to say

I mostly play on RK2 but have an MA on RK1 now with a baby doctor. I like RK2 better for most game play reasons but I've found more player events on RK1. Baboon's almost always has a live DJ. (note: using winamp you can listen to the music the DJ is playing instead of the game's looped music) Things like that are a lot of fun and let you meet new people you wouldn't otherwise run into.

I like RK2 though for the ability to move around without as much lag. As far as the people go...if they have to fight over "campsites" then it's not going to be as friendly. The lower population and the large number of new players showing up on RK2 gives it that "new" feeling. Oh yeah, not as many exploit characters either. So I prefer RK2 I just wish it had more "life" that didn't involve exp/loot.
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast