Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atrox' gender question. (org posted on EF forums)

Atrox' gender question. (org posted on EF forums)

as much as I hate atrox discussions, here's the facts:

Atrox is by terms UNIsex. Contrary to what alot of people believe (several Funcom employees aswell), UNIsex does not mean the person -does not have a sex-, it simply means they only come in ONE GENDER. By all official information from Funcom (which obviously FunCom themself tend to forget - ref Loren Warr gender discussion), atrox' are male. And thus, they DO have a pecker. They obviously only breed by .... err, lets not get into that, but like stated. Unisex means that there is 1 gender only, not that they are genderless.

I'd like to see FunCom actually remembering what they have made in this game too!

With all due respect FunCom, being uncertain about a story you wrote yourself is sad!

Oh yeah, and give us PvP forums back!

PvP must be ranked equal to Roleplaying!

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Preach on Trox brother! Preach on! Let them all know! (My guild has teased me forever for having no equipment.. Now thats over :P)
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

The original description of the atrox in the character creation is "an epicene breed" (if you don't believe me, download tarryks Epicine Part 1 from www.gridstream.com). The definition of the word Epicene is "lacking characteristics of either sex" So, you can't, without implants, have "equipment". Sorry hehe.I've also heard other places that 'troxes have no "equipment" but I can't remember where. Which is why Loren Warr can call itself a woman.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Ok what Uwen would like you to think is this...

Adjective: epicene
    1. Having an ambigous sexual Identiy
    2. Having unsuitable feminine qaulites

What I would have you belive

Epicine: noun

1. One having both male and female sexual characteristics and organs

bwahahahahaha

It's been said time and again that atrox have an unusaul little package up front there. It seems the skinnier the atrox the bigger the package

I go for the tuck it back theory, Yall the ish to me forget the other girls my atorx is teh ishnitch.

R. to the O. to the T. to the f. to teh L.

try putting on the white thong and you will clearly see "something" there.
    Last edited by Kayl; Mar 3rd, 2003 at 10:21:45.

OOC: Humhum... Friend of mine visited FC and asked this question "What does a trox have in his/hers pants?"

The answer was "both sets of repruductive organs...." So sure he's got a ****** but he's got a ****** too

However a trox can't repruduce, so they will never become neither fathers not mothers (so fat troxes are NOT pregnant...)

Hope I don't offend anyone with this posting
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Epicene can also just mean "neuter". The word "neuter" is repeatedly used to describe the Atrox.

A neuter doesn't necessarily lack sexual organs. Their sexual organs can simply be non-functional or immature. For instance, a worker ant has undeveloped female sexual organs. She cannot reproduce, and is therefore a neuter. But she is not truly without sex.

I've always thought the Atrox was based on the idea of the worker ant or bee.

What I'm trying to say is that I think Trox's have meat whistles.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Mar 3rd, 2003 at 09:36:19.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

The other night ...Thursday I believe at Otori's show at the large Dish in Borealis... Im sure many of you heard.

Well Ognom ran a contest about this very same subject...

Though my awnser wasn't "technically " Correct.. I think it makes some kinda sence

In my opinion Atrox, which is a breed of Solitus, made to be a "work Horse" ...majority muscles...Though many claim that they are lacking the means of reproducing... that could very well mean that they just lack the inner stuff not the tools... due to the fact that there are no feminine looking Atroxes leads me to believe that it is a breed that thrives on tremendous amounts of testosterone. Which then would make it predominanty a male breed. Lacking the ablility to make estrogen....lacking feminine feaures.

So while they may lack the ablilty to reproduce I don't think they would lack the tools...

Hey ..

I've come to draw the conclusion that atroxes are sterile males.
    They're big, muscular, many have beards and other masculine qualities.
    I won't say that I've reached my sterile "male version" through reading and studying Rubi-kan history,
    it's just what fits my version of it all best ..
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Well, I have traveled quite a bit and have seen some females that would put the most manly looking 'trox to shame; beard, 'stash, and muscles.
    Twidgett sol engi
    D*** IT DIZZ attack him!
    Sseo opy fixer
    /me picks up anything not nailed down, and a few that are
    Roxs atrox enforcer
    Don't I look smart with glasses?

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    meat whistles.
    Vallikat now needs a new comm after it has been sprayed with coffee.

"Meat Whistles!!" hahahahahaha

Originally posted by Poetica
    OOC: Humhum... Friend of mine visited FC and asked this question "What does a trox have in his/hers pants?"

The answer was "both sets of repruductive organs...." So sure he's got a ****** but he's got a ****** too
    Reminds me of the classic Atrox Timesink "For pie turn card over"

Either would occupy them for endless hours.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Ok according to the manual Atrox are androgynous. The definition I found for androgynous is:

an·drog·y·nous Pronunciation Key (n-drj-ns)
    adj.
    Biology. Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic

If we dig deeper the definition for hermaphroditic is:

hermaphroditic

adj (biology) of animal or plant; having both male female reproductive organs

This, by the way, is the information that I used to answer Ognom's contest question, so I did feel my answer was technically correct according to Funcom.

Vallikat is still chuckling over "meat whistles"
    Last edited by ValliKat; Mar 4th, 2003 at 17:10:04.

Originally posted by Bliqz

Reminds me of the classic Atrox Timesink "For pie turn card over"

Either would occupy them for endless hours.
    Hahahahaha!! Just when I thought I had composed myself over the meat whistle comment I read this. Bliqz, you are one funny funny man.

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    Their sexual organs can simply be non-functional or immature.
    BABY D1CK!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Since Atrox organs 'down there' are non-functional, perhaps with a bit of bio-genetic research, we can replace those organs with organs that can create pie, tin plate and all.

I think they'd be up to it, and world pie reserves might finally stabilize again.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Originally posted by Maxilon
    Since Atrox organs 'down there' are non-functional, perhaps with a bit of bio-genetic research, we can replace those organs with organs that can create pie, tin plate and all.

I think they'd be up to it, and world pie reserves might finally stabilize again.
    Silence! This must never happen! I'd be out of a job...
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Uwen
    Silence! This must never happen! I'd be out of a job...
    Ouch!

Imagine the shame of being obsoleted by a Pseudo Atrox Meat Whistle Pie Making Upgrade Device.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz

Ouch!

Imagine the shame of being obsoleted by a Pseudo-Atrox-Meat Whistle-Pie Making Upgrade.
    OMG!! Stop!!! I guess I just need a good laugh because everything is striking me as so funny today.

Vallikat wipes the tears from her eyes

Here's another question:

Do Atrox use the men's room, the ladies' room, or is there truly a 'Little Atrox Room'?

This is in public facilities of course.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast