Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Borealis Pact signed in the ICC

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    mother ship from Xenon

<raises an eyebrow>

next you'll be telling me David Marlin is orbiting the planet in a 15000 year old spaceship.
    ((**** that was clever as hell ))
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Originally posted by Emiliy

((**** that was clever as hell ))
    ((Damn, you beat me to it ))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

((hehe thanks, whats a game if you cant have a laugh. thats all i do this for))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Tiff,

I have talked to you at length on the plight of the nano-mages. I have told you many possible solutions for the problem which, although it may exist, it certainly isn't as bad as the BORPACT people would lead you to belive. You left the NLF for a reason. I suggest you re-examine what those reasons are.
    Yes, yes. We've talked, and one of your solutions was even brought up by Uwen. DNA Resequencing to remove our dependency on Notum. I've thought about that alot and its just not a viable option. The BORPACT alliance is about more than just nanomages. But for me, its just about Nanomages.

I left the NLF to find out the truth about what happened to my creators. They were perma-killed by Omni-Tek shortly after my creation. I know nothing else. Except, I have these memory implants and a voice in my head. Its a murder mystery, that I need to solve.

The memory implants are so over powering that some of the things I do, I can't remember that I did. So I may have given you a different reason for leaving the NLF, but I honestly don't remember what it was..

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Yes, yes. We've talked, and one of your solutions was even brought up by Uwen. DNA Resequencing to remove our dependency on Notum. I've thought about that alot and its just not a viable option. The BORPACT alliance is about more than just nanomages. But for me, its just about Nanomages.

I left the NLF to find out the truth about what happened to my creators. They were perma-killed by Omni-Tek shortly after my creation. I know nothing else. Except, I have these memory implants and a voice in my head. Its a murder mystery, that I need to solve.

The memory implants are so over powering that some of the things I do, I can't remember that I did. So I may have given you a different reason for leaving the NLF, but I honestly don't remember what it was..
    Perhaps this has something to do with the voice in your head? Come Tif, sit and we'll try to work out these problems with your mind...
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Uwen

Perhaps this has something to do with the voice in your head? Come Tif, sit and we'll try to work out these problems with your mind...
    How can YOU help? You're just a Solitus! You are beneath me!
    Nanomage is superior to Solitus, and therefore I am SUPERIOR to YOU!!

If you want to try to HELP me, you must first do something for me. GET RID OF THE TOWER, and sign the BORPACT! I don't care how! Do what you must! Or I will be forced to take matters INTO MY OWN HANDS. I am in level range of the WE tower. I can and will destroy it myself! If I CAN'T, well, I now know the "GAS" times and will be able to pass that info along with a large sum of credits to get it done.

Perhaps we have found, finally, the core of the NLF's belief systems. That core is racism, pure and simple. I thought humanity had grown more enlightened than that, and I am saddened to see that it has not.

Nanomages are not superior to any other form of human being. We are all equal in respect to the balance of our frailties and strengths, as well on a level in regards to our ethical and philosophical beliefs.

But you, Tifanyx, are a racist, and a vile example of the human race.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Maxilon

Nanomages are not superior to any other form of human being.
    Thats Right. Shame on you Tif... Trying to take credit away from the truly superior ones! *chomps and grins*
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

Perhaps we have found, finally, the core of the NLF's belief systems. That core is racism, pure and simple. I thought humanity had grown more enlightened than that, and I am saddened to see that it has not.

Nanomages are not superior to any other form of human being. We are all equal in respect to the balance of our frailties and strengths, as well on a level in regards to our ethical and philosophical beliefs.

But you, Tifanyx, are a racist, and a vile example of the human race.
    Maxilon, my Brother. You know we are different from them. We can harness the power of Notum. It flows within are veins. They, the Solitus, are just ordinary!

Nanomage are superior! I speak for myself and NO ONE ELSE! Not the NLF! Calling them racist for the words I speak is just foolishness! I DON'T SPEAK FOR THEM AND THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR ME!!

Exclamation Notum scarcity?

Instead of pushing to establish the scarcity of notum we need to establish that its a regenerative resource, but that even in its regeneration, it has limits. I'll borrow from 21st Century Earth language here, and say that current exports are extracting notum at an unsustainable rate. There have been posts that the Shadowlands somehow infuses the regular lands with notum, but I'm sure that's at a rate too.

The most fatal misconception on human society of that day was that there's still enough resources (grain, fish, wood, water, minerals, etc.) , the earth could still absorb enough greenhouse gas, and that multi-national corporations could continue their present exploitation of natural resources at the rates they were.
    Last edited by Vashtiklorna; Mar 6th, 2003 at 23:35:41.
    Vashti Vashtiklorna Toussand,
    Nanomage Liberation Front.
    "Until all are free!"

Exclamation The whisper of the Shadowlands

My conjecture to the unusual connection that Nanomages have with Rubi-Ka:

The notum in our DNA allows the spirits of the Shadowlands to indwell with in us. That explains our seemingly automatic urge to protect the planet. Because the Spirits can dwell within us, we have a special connection to RK1 through the Shadowlands. We feel that the planet is dying because the Spirits are communicating to us tha the Shadowlands are dying.

The Shadowland's are dying because notum is an intergral part of Rubi-Ka, its removal means the symbolic hemorraging of Rubi-Ka's soul (I'm interpreting the Shadowlands to be a reflection of Rubi-Ka's soul).

((ooc) Funcom is toting Shadowlands to be a parallel dimension to Rubi-Ka, and its dynamics haven't been officiated. We have the potential to influence game mechanics this way also. Exciting, no??)
    Last edited by Vashtiklorna; Mar 6th, 2003 at 23:35:25.
    "Until all are free!"

Talking Regulated Export of Notum

Why has no one questioned that galaxy needs as much notum as it does?

Does it also not grant Rubi-Ka'ans enourmous power (much like OPEC) if the people here could control the export of Notum? Shouldn't we all be fighting for self-determination and sovereignty apart from Omni-Tek and the ICC?
    Last edited by Vashtiklorna; Mar 6th, 2003 at 23:35:08.
    "Until all are free!"

Perhaps we have found, finally, the core of the NLF's belief systems.
    So because one former member of the NLF make these statements, you assume this is the view of the entire NLF?

Why, that's like saying that because a solitus friend of mine had dyslexia, all solitus are slow readers... but wait, that would be rasist, wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Rubel

So because one former member of the NLF make these statements, you assume this is the view of the entire NLF?

Why, that's like saying that because a solitus friend of mine had dyslexia, all solitus are slow readers... but wait, that would be rasist, wouldn't it?
    I have made no assumption. I made a postulation. Did you not read the word 'perhaps' at the beginning of my statement? No? Go back and reread it then. It indicates that this may be a possibility, but not a proven fact.

And if all solitus were dyslexic, that would be fact, not racism. But they are not. Assuming from one and stating as a fact is not sound logic.

Unfortunately, unlike the whole of the solitus breed, we have few members here to present a sample of the population of. Tifanyx has stated that he still adheres to many beliefs of the NLF and would rejoin them if he had not filled out his clan application form. I feel he would stand as a useful statistical sampling of the NLF on an individual level. Using him as an example of possibilities of one who has been educated and brought up in the belief structure of the NLF is sound.

As for the superstitious mumbo-jumbo concerning the spirits of what-have-you inhabiting nanomages and forcing them to become ecological pundits, I find the notion utterly preposterous.
    I, myself, am a nanomage, and I feel no such yearning. Also, I believe that science has dispelled any belief that there is a 'supernatural' world.

((OOC Note: The statements about belief structures, etc, come from a character that is a firm atheist, not the player (who is not). Please do not find any OOC insult in them as none are meant.))
    Bureaucrat
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

I have made no assumption. I made a postulation. Did you not read the word 'perhaps' at the beginning of my statement? No? Go back and reread it then. It indicates that this may be a possibility, but not a proven fact.
    You certainly meant to insinuate that it was true, and discredit NLF in the process. You only put the 'perhaps' there so you could plead 'no foul' later on, exactly as you're doing now. You're not fooling anyone.

Also, I believe that science has dispelled any belief that there is a 'supernatural' world.
    (( *lol* I almost missed that. Pun intended, no doubt. ))

Originally posted by Rubel

You certainly meant to insinuate that it was true, and discredit NLF in the process. You only put the 'perhaps' there so you could plead 'no foul' later on, exactly as you're doing now. You're not fooling anyone.
    Exactly what the NLF (or any potential terrorist organization) needs, an apologist.

Wait until they start blowing up notum towers, as they've stated that they wish to. That's when you're really going to be needing to work. Not just against the lone voice or two that's already been raised against them.

(( *lol* I almost missed that. Pun intended, no doubt. ))
    ((DOH! Pun actually wasn't intended, but it took me a second to catch it there. That was kind of funny. Good catch on that. ))
    Bureaucrat

Spoken like a true politician. Make some direct accusations and throw in a couple extra words that allow you to weasel out of a stance when it comes back to bite you!

Tifanyx has stated that he still adheres to many beliefs of the NLF and would rejoin them if he had not filled out his clan application form. I feel he would stand as a useful statistical sampling of the NLF on an individual level. Using him as an example of possibilities of one who has been educated and brought up in the belief structure of the NLF is sound.
    Yes I still hold the beliefs of the NLF in HIGH regard, and would rejoin them if I could. But I can't because I am clan. The only way for me to rejoin them is have a guild that I am part of join the BORPACT alliance. Which I am working on.

Your statistical sampling is all wrong. In the time that I was in the NLF there were FOUR leadership changes. Fleshreaper, Ramiyana, Manamatrix, Aazamon & Fleshreaper The only stable leadership was Fleshreaper, that was when the NLF retained its focus. I was part of a Fleshreaper NLF for all of 1 month. So that in itself does not make for a valid sample. So quit trying to force a square peg in a round hole! If you want a sample of the NLF, put up a tower. You'll soon find out what the NLF is all about!

A bit of info for you:

I'm just a Meta-Physicist who has lost control of his rage! The rage inside me is forcing me to say extreme things. As an MP I use memories to control my Rage. At the moment, these memories are being attacked by a Voice in my head. So for all intents and purposes, there is a war going on in my brain. A war that has sent me to reclaim on more than a few occasions.

This "pact" is by all means a valid point. The problem is the way it is going to be enforced. Nanomages are the direct heir to this planet, being that we are from the same stuffs that make it what it is. Rubi-Ka and nanomage are one in the same. Wound her and you wound us all. The exploitation of her blood is what the trouble is all about. There could be a non-violent, diplomatic way to end this strife. Stricter regulations on the amount of towers that are available. There simply needs to be an all encompasing law that limits the spread of the towers to preserve the one thing that sets Rubi-Ka apart from every other rock in the universe. A law that simply states that more areas be contained for the protection of endagered species (nanomages), and less lands opened for the devistation of the only place we are able to live.

and to Tifanyx:

The voices that you fight with.... why fight with them. Embrace them and the change they bring to your life. Follow them where they lead.... Once you are there you may find peace.
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678