Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fremen And their Purpose

Re: Ahh so many messages

Originally posted by Ramaladu
    Finally their are the people, who are the underdogs, who get taxed, and tried constantly to be used as slave labor. These people still occasionally have mines, but they do it to pay for these taxes, and to help their sick children. To help pay for their freedom fighters who are fighting on the front Lines.

Who the underdog in the conflict on Rimor is strictly a matter of opinion. On Atlantean it may be an easier question to be answered because all in all the sides are prety much equal. On Rimor i have yet to see a truly noble clanner: who is not self-serving, who doesn't fly insults in my face at the Temple simply because i chose to show my Omni tag proudly, no clanner yet in all my conversations has convinced me that they are truly different from Omni, that they fight for reasons far nobler than to gain a monopoly on the mining operations on Rubi-ka. In the mining disputes on Rimor Omni-tek is the underdog simply because the clans outnumber us in the fighting force. But the true underdog on Rimor are the neutrals because often enough they get swept under the carpet and forgotten by both sides.
    This is Me, and this is Me PWNING a Heckler, WOOT!
    *all artwork is copyright protected originals by Mr.Fli

Originally posted by Cz
    And we all know Omni kick clan butts anytime.
    Freshman Jayne "Farmacist" Cifuentes

I fail to see why you persist in calling Neutrals 'corporations'. It offends me in fact.
    The clans yell and scream about how they cannot be bundled under the same banner as the Sentinels yet here you are doing the exact same thing to us Neutrals.
    And you ask me not to call you a hypocrite?
    I'm sorry, I struggle to see you as anything else.

Call me a coporate employee or anything else associated with a corporation and you won't like my response I can assure you.
    My brother and I work for ourselves and anyone willing to pay.
    I do not care for your clan or your 'cause', I could care less about Omni Teks desire for control, but if you try to lump me in with a corporation simply because I help defend my colleagues and comrades when under attack then you will make an enemy of me.

((And yes, I am on Rimor so I can get worked up over it ))
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

True, True, the sentinels are bad, But do not forget when attacking that image, that The Neutrals hired their own thugs to guard newland City. Also I never said All Neutrals were corporate, Overall yes they are though. After all for a neutral, what other purpose is there to be on this planet, and for that matter, what right do you have to be on this planet. Omni bought it, omni produced slaves to work it. So i can see Omni's and clanners, but then you neutrals show up, and want us to see you as one of us, what a joke.

And i go by an overall stance with neutrals, because just like Clans their is no overall way to describe em, but if i didnt' i would have to name off like 20 different sections, and i do not wish to do that. Takes too much breath for such things as this place.

And Boghira, Do not say all clanners are like that, you have obviously not met any of The Fremen, or many of my friends. I do not bash omni's out right, after all a lot of you are just the soldiers fighting in a war you shoudn't be. Don't blame the soldiers, blame the commanders I like to say.

And Boghira, Do not say all clanners are like that, you have obviously not met any of The Fremen, or many of my friends. I do not bash omni's out right, after all a lot of you are just the soldiers fighting in a war you shoudn't be. Don't blame the soldiers, blame the commanders I like to say.
    I didn't say all clanners were like that, it is simply my experience in all my dealings with clanners that is the general responce i get, i guess that's the price i pay for being Omni. what i'm jaded most about is that none of you (on Rimor) have tried to convince me to switch sides. ((Uwen's exalting defence of the clans is by far the most convincing stuff i heard so far - it almost makes me want to pack up and move to Atlantean all-together...almost.)) I either get a slap in the face for showing my true collors or the argumets to convince me to switch sides have been shallow at best. Honetsly in all your arguments I do not see how the clan side is different from Omni. when it all boils down to one thing both sides have been fighting for the same reason lately. I simply chose to stick with Omni because Omni doesn't hide it's reasons for wanting to control land. Plus I get fringe benefits: all-expences-paid vacations at Lush Hills Resort, better equipment, awesome view from my appartment in Rome, and most importantly a great group of friends who i don't plan on abandoning any time soon.

Originally posted by Cz

(( Just as one thing all, as you can read in one of the other threads i recently posted in, the fact is, Notum wars, took away all reasons of a war overall, but the fact is I don't want to sit back, and just level, I like the tower battles. They should have make it something like notum wars, but not so that everyone has massive money storage, and it don't matter really the fighting anymore, which is why i have taken the enviromentalist side))

Ahh, Boghira, Nice to see, you admit that not all of us are bad. And most of the time the problem is for some of the other clans, They even shun communication with omnis, and think you are traitors when you switch sides. Which would stop a lot of people especially when we are talking about highly experienced warriors, (( lvl 200's)). I would prefer to meet you on Rimor to discuss reasons for joining clan, Because i can talk better face to face. But overall, if you care for the enviroment, and do not want to see it strip mined, Join either neutral or clan, Just know, by joining neutral, you are still possibly gonna join people who after omni-tek leaves, will probably start to strip mine themselves.

Originally posted by Uwen
    While I understand and accept Desert Winds stance, I would like to remind you that the flora and fauna would not be here if it were not for the mining of notum. Neither would the nanomages.
    Since this is directed at our guild, I feel a need to answer it.

You're basically reminding us that OT created most life on this planet, and provided the environment life could thrive in. Nobody disputes this fact, but that is not a valid argument for the destruction of said environment. Creating life does not give you the moral right to destroy that life. If that was a valid argument, fathers would be free to r*** and kill their daughters.
    Last edited by Rubel; Mar 2nd, 2003 at 18:31:58.

Rubel, You may be a neutral, but the Fremen respect you. Maybe our dealing with you will be good... Depends on diplomacy i guess

/me smiles

(( now help to get notum wars changed to bunker wars like it should have been, to make this war right ))

Ahh, Good.

(( Nice, Someone has been able to piss me off enough, that i have a war ))

The Fremen, at this point has decided, until The Forsaken Change their ways. That We are at war with them. If their is any member who is wondering why, Look to madgadget, not me. I will make sure that never shall a forsaken tower stand for long. And it will be our first crusade.

Originally posted by Rubel

Since this is directed at our guild, I feel a need to answer it.

You're basically reminding us that OT created most life on this planet, and provided the environment life could thrive in. Nobody disputes this fact, but that is not a valid argument for the destruction of said environment. Creating life does not give you the moral right to destroy that life. If that was a valid argument, fathers would be free to r*** and kill their daughters.
    I'm not saying that they have the right to, however I am getting tired of people saying that OmniTek and the clans are raping and pillaging the "native environment" and that "everyone should leave because they are polluting the native environment". There IS NO native environment. There wouldn't have been, at least not in the foreseeable future, an environment other than dust and wind wind on RubiKa if we all hadn't come here. Now, like I said, that doesn't mean we have the right to destroy it after we've created it, but you also can't say that OmniTek and notum mining Clanners are evil for being here and "destroying the environment with their presence" when there wouldn't be an environment without us.

INSERT RHETORIC- There are other reasons OmniTek is evil
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

INSERT RHETORIC- There are other reasons OmniTek is evil

like what?

Originally posted by Cz

Originally posted by Boghira

like what?
    /me gets out his rolled up list which unfurls to the other side of the room

Ok.. keep in mind this list in about 1,000 years old and has been added to by a couple hundred people

-Mass enslavement
    -Brutal conditions
    -Not enough pay
    -OT is teh gimpness
    -that guard took my teddy bear
    -Not enough work hours
    -too many work hours
    -Bonefish is omni
    -my breakfast was cold
    -Killed my dad
    -Killed my mom
    -killed my son
    -killed my daughter
    -Klled my goldfish
    -Believe in God
    -Doesn't believe in God
    -Has too much power
    -Isn't powerful enough
    -Too much nasty food
    -Not enough food
    -Nevver is Omni
    -Ross looked at me funny
    -OmniPol shot my dog for alleged terrorist activities
    -Meister skinned my cat

Six hours later....

-OmniPol smells bad
    -Templus is omni
    -OmniTek is somehow responsible for my weight problem
    -Ditto for my drinking problem
    -Ditto for my stim problem
    -ditto for my financial problems
    -Ditto for my relationship problems

The next day...

-Ditto for my impotency
    -Ditto for my bad grades
    -OmniTek wiped out most of the human race
    -omnitek mines notum which is evil
    -OmniTek wasn't gonna let us mine notum
    -OmniTek makes us sell them our notum that we mine, which incidentally isn't evil like we thought it was
    -Cancelled my favourite soap opera
    -allowed soap operas in the first place
    -Didn't let me burn villages and eat babies
    -made me burn villages and eat babies
    -burned my village and ate my baby
    -made the environment
    -is destroying the environment
    -Cancelled plans for Nevverland (formally Belial Forest)

Three hours later...

And thats all.

Anymore questions?

((OOC: LMAO!))

hm....these all sound good to me....i think i'll stay Omni....by the way last time I heard Templus switched sides....

Originally posted by Cz

(())

Its an old list

/shrug

Re: Ahh, Good.

(( Nice, Someone has been able to piss me off enough, that i have a war ))

The Fremen, at this point has decided, until The Forsaken Change their ways. That We are at war with them. If their is any member who is wondering why, Look to madgadget, not me. I will make sure that never shall a forsaken tower stand for long. And it will be our first crusade.
    LOL!!! You started the war kiddo, don't try and pawn off your little prepubescent rantings on me... Go ahead and let the testosterone flow though buddy, we have no towers lol!!! Weee... I am starting to enjoy watching you make a complete and utter ass out of yourself thus proving the fact that most modern clanners are nothing more than mindless thugs who want no peace, no treatys and no diplomacy of any kind... thanks for the laugh buddy...woo
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Templus switched sides, I thought she was in DA?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Templus switched sides, I thought she was in DA?
    I don't think so (yet) just a nasty rumour thats goin' around. (And while I hear its got some credibility, I still can't let myself picture Templus as a clanner until it happens... even then I'll need some therapy...)

DA are soft on clans.

Bliqz shrugs

Soft on clans, in the clans...six of one, half a dozen of annother.

They all smell like bologna to me.
    Last edited by Bliqz; Mar 3rd, 2003 at 22:27:53.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    DA are soft on clans.

Bliqz shrugs

Soft on clans, in the clans...six of one, half a dozen of annother.

They all smell like bologna to me.
    Ok, If Clanners smell like Bologna, then Omni smell like Cabbage (and have small hands).

I don't think so (yet) just a nasty rumour thats goin' around. (And while I hear its got some credibility, I still can't let myself picture Templus as a clanner until it happens... even then I'll need some therapy...)
    That will be the day, pfft(tm)

/Sarcasm on

Next thing you know people will say that im going to join Whispers Edge and start hugging trees..Oh and did you hear the one where Templus and Fixerben when out and she got knocked up and is going to have his love child

/Sarcasm off

You people need to worry about more important things
    like how to stop the CareBears from taking over Rubi Ka

OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was funny. But Templus no matter how much you want me, theres not a snowball's chance in hell it would ever happen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast