Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fremen And their Purpose

Re: Re: Opinion only

Originally posted by Uwen

Pffff. Homo Sapiens may have been formed that way, but the planet carried the basic things for life to develop. All RubiKa has is dirt and sand. Oh and notum. Nothing could have survived here without OmniTek's terraforming. I give them that much.
    But what did Earth have at first?, nothing, the atmosphere was created due to this meteor. No planet can sustain life, as far as we know, without one, but they can come about in weird ways.

Re: Re: Re: Ahh

Originally posted by Ramaladu

Any Neutral who makes a tower, IS Just Like Omni. Do not make towers and you still have my respect.
    And what about any clan that raise towers?
    There is no difference..
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Ahh, but you have not read

I have said, that Neutrals are corporate, but clanners are not. Neutrals, are smaller companies who are sneaking in to get rights, that is ok, as long as you dont' mine

Re: Ahh, but you have not read

I have said, that Neutrals are corporate, but clanners are not. Neutrals, are smaller companies who are sneaking in to get rights, that is ok, as long as you dont' mine
    I would suggest you get to know a few more neutrals, and what being neutral means, before you make such statements.. You might not be calling us Omni..so I shouldn't delete your insurance ofr that.. I might play around with the numbers a little in it if I am bored one day though..you know..just to see what variables affect what....Purely from a scientific view you see.. I am sure Hibernaculum would agree that knowing that would be..facinating..

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Ahh, answer me this

Ahh, Answer me this, Why do Neutrals need towers then, if they Are "Neutral"? neutral means you are not taking sides, but aint towers a bit like taking sides. I think that you just want the bonuses from towers, but not the pain from defending them.

Re: Re: Re: Opinion only

But what did Earth have at first?, nothing, the atmosphere was created due to this meteor. No planet can sustain life, as far as we know, without one, but they can come about in weird ways.
    Your assumption that the earth's atmosphere was formed due to a meteor hitting an uninhabitable rock is wrong. for a glimpse on how the earth came to have it's modern day atmosphere see Miller and Urey's experiment Meteors may have caried with them molecules that catalyzed the atmosphere but that sertainly is not the full picture. It is because of advances in 20th century biochemistry that megacompanies are able to terraform uninhabitable planets like Rubi-ka.

(sidenote: woohoo!! i'm a soleet!!!)
    This is Me, and this is Me PWNING a Heckler, WOOT!
    *all artwork is copyright protected originals by Mr.Fli

Originally posted by Cz
    And we all know Omni kick clan butts anytime.
    Freshman Jayne "Farmacist" Cifuentes

But that is still assuming that Rubi-ka was did not have the same minerals on it at first, Omni-Tek, wanted to get a good deal on a planet wouldnt' have released such information. And will never. This planet might have spawned many a city, if it wasnt' for Omni-tek, We just will never know, but that is off topic. Since we don't know, we can't really talk about it, it is just theory, and we could be here forever.

Re: Re: Re: Ahh

You mgiht have noticed i said, i dont' have towers, and don't plan on for a while.
    Any Neutral who makes a tower, IS Just Like Omni. Do not make towers and you still have my respect.
    So, it's okay for the Clans to have towers because they are oh-so much more responsible? I think that there's a good number of Clanners who will agree with me when I say that there are a plenty of other Clans who are here for profit and could care less about the environment.

Make a stand about the environment if you like, but don't try to bring politics into it. There are many environmentalists on all sides so don't try to tell us that only the Clans can mine responsibly.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Ahh, Answer me this, Why do Neutrals need towers then, if they Are "Neutral"? neutral means you are not taking sides, but aint towers a bit like taking sides. I think that you just want the bonuses from towers, but not the pain from defending them.
    I am a neutral, I will defend any neutral towers attacked if I am able to assist.

But how about YOU answer ME this: Why do clans need towers?
    You say towers for Omni and Neutral make them 'corporations', what is it that makes the exact same towers so different for clans?
    What other possible reason is there for mining other than profit, especially if it involves controlling the entire mining operation?
    Surely by having towers the clans become corporations out for profit themselves?

So far, your argument suggests to me the following:

Any Neutral org that builds a tower is automatically classed as a 'corporation' and hence comes under the Omni Tek umbrella because of said tower.
    From this I can ascertain that owning a tower means that you are both a corporation and Omni Tek affiliated.
    Therefore, a clan org that builds a tower is both a corporation and also Omni Tek affiliated.

Tell me, where exactly is the distinction between any of the 3 groups?
    Surely, by your own argument, we are all corporations under the same affiliation and simply fighting ourselves.
    Your claim that Neutrals are corporates and clans are not, makes no sense given that we have already established that owning towers makes you a corporation.
    This seems to me a classic case of 'Do as I say, not as I do'.
    Sorry but that kind of hypocritical argument does not gel with me, and I'm sure many other neutrals and perhaps some clanners will agree (I am sure many clanners will object to being classed as both Omni affiliated and a corporation).

While your cause may be noble your argument is weak and your logic is flawed.
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

*Neboja stops pistol whipping a tied up, upside down, clanner for a moment to look at a new skit in the comic sections of the daily grid feed*

"Hmm...Fremen...will stop omni-tek...destroy towers...wont stand by anymore...bottom line...*****e envy."

*Neboja goes back to pistol whipping the clanner.*
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

Too many of you Clanners are using the environment as an excuse to commit acts of terrorism these days.
    Bottom line is this: attacks against Omni-Tek interests will not be tolerated; not by Chimera, and not by most other Omni orginizations out there.
    For your sake, I'd advise you and your 'Fremen' think long and hard before you start this little game of yours. You'll end up losing.

Re: Ahh, answer me this

Ok..you seem to have two misconceptions here..that all neutrals are part of a uniform mass, like Omni-tek, or to a slightly lesser extent, but still much more than neutrals, the clans.
    Neutrals are not a uniform mass at all..
    I will actually qoute one of my clan members in a very fitting woute, and one most neutrals will nod their head at..
    "The plural form of 'neutral' is 'an argument'"

Do not treat us as a single unified mass, and we will not treat you like the ignorant uniformed clanner (or OT employee where this applies) you are.

As for us wanting towers..Since you are answering me, I can only guerss that you mean my organisatioon, the Desert Winds.
    Desert Winds own no towers at all, nor will we build one. We believe that the mining of Notum is a disaster for rubi ka, both because it removes notum from the planet, which is a substance our nano mage brethren can not survive without, as well as the pollution and damage and disturbance to the flora and fauna it creates.
    We are opposed to the exploitation of rubi-ka, and we do not differentiate at all, be you omni-tek and you harm the planet, we will opose you, be you unaffiliated (neutral) and harm the planet, we will oppose you, be you clanner, and harm the planet, we will opose you.

You seem to be nothing but a self serving man, who wishes the clans to have monopoly on mining. I dare to say that you are in no way concerned about the environment, to you, the environbment and this planet, is just a tool, a means to your end, which is to establish clan domination.

You are the worst form of 'fighter with a cause', you are a hypocrit..

While I understand and accept Desert Winds stance, I would like to remind you that the flora and fauna would not be here if it were not for the mining of notum. Neither would the nanomages.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC: Lol guys you got so worked up and most of you are on Atlantean. Although I thank you and agreee with you on your points of view, you just highjacked a thread on the subject of Rimor, which i guess on the Boards anything goes. I can assure you that those of you on Atlantean have absolutely nothing to fear, it is us "Rimoreans" that have a looming threat on our hands

IC:

"Sid, some lone clan engineer sent his bot on one of our bases today, he managed to take down 2 defence towers (including one of my own) before we knew what was going on. He wasn't affiliated with any of the clans but i wonder if this has anything to do with the Fremen...he screamed something about revenge and bringing five huge clans with him next time just as one of our guards sent him to reclaim..."
    This is Me, and this is Me PWNING a Heckler, WOOT!
    *all artwork is copyright protected originals by Mr.Fli

Originally posted by Cz
    And we all know Omni kick clan butts anytime.
    Freshman Jayne "Farmacist" Cifuentes

Talking I would like to join!!!!

Is it possible for me to join... If so just post,,

((But look at all the free bumps, Boghira. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Ahh so many messages

Yes, Anyone may join our organization. And Desert Winds, Like i said, if you own towers I do not like you, but since you don't well than you are a true friend of The Fremen. Now since all of you doubt me when i say about the enviroment, let me explain. In our ancient Lore Their are many people out there, all doing the same thing but many doing for different things. There are such people who will mine a planet to exhaustion just for the profit in their pockets. Their are People who will mine to try to compete with the first, because that is their way fo trying to fight back. Without open conflict. Finally their are the people, who are the underdogs, who get taxed, and tried constantly to be used as slave labor. These people still occasionally have mines, but they do it to pay for these taxes, and to help their sick children. To help pay for their freedom fighters who are fighting on the front Lines.

Obviously you can see the distinction in these 3 and you know which ones i mean. When the war with Omni-Tek is over, and they own not a single tower left, Their will be no more strip mined planets. When Neutrals are taken out, their will be no more competing corporations. When that is done. The Fremen, will see to taken down all Clan Towers as well, since they do not need to pay for their freedom fighters at such time. They can farm, or do other jobs. I hope this clarifies you all. Do not call me a hypocrit plz, i know what i am talking about, and like i said before i don't agree with all clans. And Just Send a communique my way when you are in my land, and i will respond at earliest i can

So..how DID the clans pay for their War for freedom in the aproximately 270 years before the ICC deregulated notum mining hmm?.. They seemed to be more than well equipped enough before that...

Originally posted by Serraglio
    So..how DID the clans pay for their War for freedom in the aproximately 270 years before the ICC deregulated notum mining hmm?.. They seemed to be more than well equipped enough before that...
    Magic jellybean plantations!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

?

Who said they were well equipped. The clans had more courage, tenacity, and ability to work together back then. Mas, would break into Arms Depots, and steal the weapons for others. Fixers would hack into the grid, and change orders, and enforcers would grab the nearest steel beam they could find.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast