Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!

I get 90% of my missions in Rome Taelyn, they are jacked up there too.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Now, the missions are just plain not working.
    They won't trigger completion, *no matter what*. I've sat in rooms highlighting mobs and objects for ten minutes... nothing.
    The only missions that work at this point are the kill mob missions... and i'm a meta. i'm NOT doing those.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Oh yeah, that'll look good in court:
    "Judge, i CAN'T DO MISSIONS! they're FUBAR!"

*chuckle chuckle*

Yep that's a tad overboard, but these things are seriously annoying because a few days ago things were working fine.

"test server" : a server where new updates are tested for bugs.

Funcom test server: mmm...place where new updates are tested to see if they have any "game stoppers." If not... let it ride!

I like you funcom guys, really I do. You must be some tenacious individuals to put up with all the criticism you so very well deserve, and keep right on chugging. I think the writing on the wall from the playerbase is quite clear. We'll take stability over new doodads that don't even work most of the time. I've heard this said 50 times by different people, but I'll say it again: Slow down...fix stuff...get the code under control!! We can wait for the new goodies, but things like missions, and "take it easy" are fundamental issues. Please? We'll keep paying for your product if you do, and heck -even endorsing it, if ya just put a little less effort on quantity and a lot more on quality.

It's a great game..but patches like this one hurt. Like really bad. I actually considered (for about 30 seconds) playing DaOC tonight. I don't own it, and don't plan on it, but I am a serious game-o-holic and AO is slapping my consumer sensibility around like a red-headed stepchild at a fleemarket.

Missions in Newland are OK!

The missions in Newland were ok last night for my newbie. All I can get for my main are to Andromeda (Yea Right) and Stret East Bank, so I have been trying out some of the other classes.

With my lvl 5 'crat, I did a 50% identify mission. I cleared the mission of all monsters. I got the reward and a token.

Someone else mentioned Harry's working. Maybe the Neutral terms are ok, and the others are borked?

Skara

If I ever found myself considering for that long playing Disney-Age of Camelot, i'd soak myself in bleach.
    The fact is, Funcom's publishing department seems to have NO CLUE as to what they are doing. someone needs to tattoo "BUGS = BAD" backwards on their foreheads.
    I'm guessing, since i'd have to assume that the developers do NOT want to work all-nighters, that the process goes like this:
    Enno: "Well, we seem to be doing pretty good on this part, and it should be ready by-"
    QA: "GREAT! SHIP IT!"
    Enno: "uh... no. see, it's not-"
    QA: *holds up Enno's contract, morgage, and soul IOU* "what was that?"

I dunno. it just doesn't seem like the dev's would screw over their OWN characters like that, and piss off a fanbase they have direct contact with. Not to mention that this game goes on every job application with any company they will ever want to work for, and no development job is ever permanent.
    Unless they're into some sort of european sadomasochist thing. I'd rather not know about that though.
    Last edited by Xombie; Nov 16th, 2001 at 05:19:38.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

3 accounts and nothing to do

yes i have 3 account and nothing to do. All i do is mission, and with all mission not working, i can't play my favorite game.
    i have gotton to the mission objective to find a new feature that you can't finish misssions while in combat, they better take that out because i am always in combat, it is hard at level 49 to kill everything before you go to finish the misson.
    FUNCOM. FIX THE MISSION< JUST MAKE THEM WORK LIKE THE USED TO!!!

Arkii

Unhappy Kizzim, shape up

Ok, now Kizzim is a guy that really need to shape up.

Do you seriously think that the hundred of people here that has reported that missions do not work, and the thousand of people ingame that complain about it, but do not write it in forums, are all doing it wrong, and you alone are smart enough to know how? Hm..? You really believe in yourself, huh?

For you, missions work, good for you. That is fun. I for example spent about 14 hours on this problem yesterday, trying to find a sollution to the problem, trying to find a way to get missions to work, so that I could tell others.. I tried them all, I tried every possible way of doing them, I read all the posts i the forum, and tried every darn sollution out there, 14 hours in a row, not a damn brake, with three different characters in three different areas. Only thing I know after this is "Return Item" worked, "Assasinate" could work, the rest was nothing. I promise you, Kizzim.. WHatver you think, the hundred or thousand of players in this game that are complaining, they DO have a problem. So stop slamming them, ok? If it does work for you, then you do not have to write anything here....

Drew
    And as of today, I can't even zone into missions. It's annoying. And I know I'm not the only one as I've seen quite a few others attempting to zone into these missions I couldn't zone into.

fubar missions

Originally posted by ZenBeck
    I get 90% of my missions in Rome Taelyn, they are jacked up there too.
    I'm not saying Lush outpost is the only place things are messed up, I'm just wondering if there's some connection between the bug where you get 2 instead of 5 missions and the fact that missions don't work. From what I have seen, there does appear to be one. If you get 2 missions to choose from, it works. If you get 5, it does not. Anyone had similar experiences?

Red face Yawn..

>>Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!<<

No its not. It means that for a few days you shouldn't pull those missions.

There are other missions available, I was doing them last night. They know about the bug and they have a fix on Test..

Relax
    Spindok, OT Bureaucrat

You are lucky to be one of us, Omni-Tek protects!

Try Neutral terms

The identify missions (one of my favorites btw) do work if you get them from Newland (might try other Neutral terms as well to check it out). The identify missions I have taken from Newland since the patch have all given me the identify item, the reward, and a token. You only get 2 missions at a time to choose from, but they do work.

Skara

I think most people are confusing bugs with just changes in the mission code. Like ive stated before describe-kill missions require you to kill everything there, and then when your done sit infront of the item and have it selected. You WILL get the token. After my last post here I did two more missions. 1. Worked perfectly, my 2. was strange, i selected it, and then nothing happened, well i shouldnt say nothing happened, it removed the key and the mission from my list and inventory and then just sat there.

Overall 12 missions - 11 completions. Once again hardly game-stopping.

After the patch im able to do another kind of mission also: The get item and take back. Ive tested this one and it works. Im not sure what the requirements are to get a token, but almost 50% of the time when i just killed until i found the item and brought it back i got a token and my reward. A few times nothing happened, but the bug was the same as the other mission, the mission key would disappear and the mission from my list. So PART of the code is working, its not totally bugging out, its just skimping the reward/token. I beleive this has something to do with their new blitz code, somehow, someway, something triggered the new code to think i was blitzing.

It would be interesting to get a official word on whats going on, maybe if a fix is not immidiate an official and give us hints on how to make sure we do get our rewards/tokens all the time. Until then im just going to work stuff out, the missions handle stuff differently now, and you just gotta find out what it likes.

It's not really a huge, evil, "DIE FUNCOM DIE BURN IN HELL" sorta bug, but I'm just mad b/c my lvl 5 meta got a mission for a visor, and a mission for a nanofreak trenchcoat last night. *sniffle*
    ah well.

Posted by Lucien on the "Funcom Talks About..." page:

Hey Everyone

The Live Servers are up after the server side bug fix

Here are the issues that it addressed:
    -We have made a change to the mission system; your missions will now be closer to the terminal where you get them.
    -Fixed a bug causing hostile AE nanos to affect caster and friendly team members.
    -Fixed some problems with the new org system.

The last thing on the original fix list was this
    -You should now be able to complete locate person/item missions.

There are still some issues with this. If you do these missions you will from time to time not receive any reward. We know about this issue and we are working with a fix on it. Please do not petition about this.

Re: Re: Re: Grammar Police Post (tm)

Originally posted by Scorus

For God's sakes, man, turn on the GMbot1.1 and catch a few winks. Start a thread on your PC that says "missions are fixed, go at it" and let the dev guys hit 'send' when they fix it.

Scorus
    Hehe. Well, I went to bed pretty soon after that post. But now I'm back for another full day!

As you have obviously noticed, a patch went out today which should give your missions some love again. Let me know how they go.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Well Missions still arent completing correctly....
    they are closer which is great for me but my guildmates arent all that happy about it cause they want missions further away for more rewards

I honestly believe that it will help the game more to put a slider in for mission distance than it would hurt...
    The benefits.. people who want to stay to safe zones can... mostly people who dont have a high run or a car, like me a Meta. people who want distance can get it, aka people with a car.
    you will never make both sides happy with a random generation system. one or the other will always feel like they paid for the others comfort.

problems...
    Pk's will despise this with a passions since people can aviod stret east the most common pk mission gank spot...
    some people will abuse this by setting distance to full and going to say rome and forcing a mission to varmit woods... getting lots of loot for a not too difficult zone
    opposite side some people will never leave the area around the starting city

I would like to hear your opnions on this, I think all in all a distance slider is a good idea

Like others have said find missions are not working. Period. My assumption now is that this probably won't go away until the next patch. However, I have another complaint and this is about the monetary rewards on the missions. The following are the results I have compiled and are averaged. The missions settings are 100% BAD, 100% Money, 70% Phys and the rest is 50%.

Pre- 13.0

Find Item Mission:

taken in Broken Shores - destination 4 Holes - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 36-38K

taken in Longest Road - destination Clon**** - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 37-40K

taken in Rome - destination Pleasant Meadows - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 35-41K

Assassination Missions:

taken in Broken Shores - destination 4 Holes - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 27-30K - XP Reward 300

taken in Longest Road - destination Clon**** - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 27-31K - XP Reward 350

taken in Rome - destination Pleasant Meadows - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 29-31K - XP Reward 300

Post 13.0:

Find Item Mission:

taken in Broken Shores - destination 4 Holes - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 22-25K

taken in Longest Road - destination Clon**** - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 22-26K

taken in Rome - destination Pleasant Meadows - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 19-24K

Assassination Missions:

taken in Broken Shores - destination 4 Holes - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 10-12K - XP Reward 2000

taken in Longest Road - destination Clon**** - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 11-14K - XP Reward 2800

taken in Rome - destination Pleasant Meadows - QL Reward 5-6 levels higher than mine - monetary reward 11-14K - XP Reward 3000

As you can see, the reduction in money is quite significant. My problem with this is that YOU DIDN'T TELL US!!! If you are looking to reduce the wealth in the game fine, don't sneak it in tell us upfront.

However, since the Find Item missions aren't working, I now have to complete 3-4 ASS missions where I was doing 1 Find mission before the patch. Now tell me this isn't significant!
    Pablo Extreme

Not Much Love Found

Originally posted by Cosmik

As you have obviously noticed, a patch went out today which should give your missions some love again. Let me know how they go.
    About as much love as a virulent minibull! Couldn't the devs just back us up to 12.9? Things weren't perfect in 12.9, but there were alot less buggy in all respects than in 13.0. Please back us up, test 13.0 a bit longer and then try it again.

About as much love as a virulent minibull! Couldn't the devs just back us up to 12.9?
    No, they can't. It is alot harder than you think to completely revert the server, then make a client revert patch. In the time that they make that, it would be far easier to just make a fix patch for the server, when they'll have to fix it anyway.
    The only time they make a revert is in EXTREME cases. E.G.) game doesn't start, crashes computers, etc. on 90% of the clients. But, since the game does function, and there are simply bugs, the most logical thing to do is fix the missions.

Mission Locations (bug)

Anyone else notice that once you pick a mission and lets say it gives you 'Rome blue' as a location. In my inventory it will change to 'Omni-entertainment'. Ive experienced this location change twice now, and I asked a few people in my guild and some of them have experienced it to. Anyone know whats up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast