Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Broken missions IS a Game-stopper!

Re: Mission Locations (bug)

Originally posted by Kizzim
    Anyone else notice that once you pick a mission and lets say it gives you 'Rome blue' as a location. In my inventory it will change to 'Omni-entertainment'. Ive experienced this location change twice now, and I asked a few people in my guild and some of them have experienced it to. Anyone know whats up?
    Not only the mission location changes, the whole objective changes too...

Sorry, but you're full of it Kizzim...

I ALWAYS kill everything in my missions and I have had exactly ONE out of 10 observe item mission give me my reward. In ALL cases I went back and checked to be sure I had killed ALL the mob...and I had.

I also tried EVERY technique for getting my reward published on these boards and in chat channels in-game. Fore me, at least, NONE worked.
    Get it?

I've tried getting missions in Newland like someody mentioned, and they were broke. This was after the 'fix'. I've also tried everything that I've read to make them work. Nothing has. Another thing... anybody else notice that all the places that are far away, but easy to get to that pay good as an Omni (Broken Shores, Pleasant Meadows, Newland) only give 2 'find' (the one where you get to keep the tem) mission? This can not be a coincidence. Please start telling us all the changes (read: nerfs) in patches. All the nice loot I'm missing out on is getting on my nerves: elite helms and gloves, nano cloaks, senpai primus coats, mission only nano crystals....
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Hmm...

VNine, sorry it didn't work for you

Maybe it's my Pioneer backback (j/k) .

I have continued to have 100% success with the identify missions from the Newland individual mission term, including 1 I did last night where I didn't kill all the monsters before picking up the item. I got a token from that mission as well the reward.

Also, I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, just double-click the icon like usual.

Anyone else have Newland term(s) work for them?

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Nov 17th, 2001 at 21:26:38.

Hi Cosmik

can you please give us some feedback.

I have posted this on the Test Forum, and we still have gotten no reply.

We would simply like an answer as to why our testing input went without reply, and the 13.0 was pushed out despite very strong warnings from the testers that should not be done?

You are about to lose a LARGE quantity of testers. We will not return to the Test Live server until someone answers us, and give us an indication as to how QA works, ie, will you make it part of policy to not_push_a_patch until the Testers sign off on most or all of the bugs that remain as not being game stoppers and could live with being in the final compiled patch to be pushed out?

Actually, Funcom appears to have stopped responding to virtually any user-initiated questions/threads, so I wouldn't expect feedback. Despite Cosmik's promise he'd get back to us with an answer, he obviously has not nor likely ever will.

We would simply like an answer as to why our testing input went without reply, and the 13.0 was pushed out despite very strong warnings from the testers that should not be done?
    I saw posts from Enno on the testing board during weeks prior to the patch release. Also, you say testerS, yet, there was only ONE tester who protested. Everyone else fell silent.
    If you want to make an impact, then you shouldn't be part of a silent majority.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Despite Cosmik's promise he'd get back to us with an answer, he obviously has not nor likely ever will.
    I remember distincly that Cosmik held off his large post because he didn't get enough information from the dev team. Several hours later, a patch went in to fix the missions. The next day, another patch went in.
    I don't see the point in taking the time to post a reply about something that was fixed by the time he could get a proper reply out.
    I can say, and i know people would agree, that Cosmik has worked hard for us. It's pretty low for you to try to kick him down. You paid $50 for a game. $50 isn't a fee for free reign to treat people like that.
    Try being constructive. I dare you.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

This is a little bit off subject but this thread is pretty much dead. Xombie i think you post more than you play the game :P 92 posts last time i checked, damn. Congrats i guess for being the #1 poster.
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

That's b/c I post from school when I can't play the game
    Although being on it too much has gotten me in trouble with some teachers.... "What are you doing on 'anarchy.com'?" O_o

Like Xombie said, I laid off posting in this thread again with information because the 2 server patches during the weekend beat me to the punch. They addressed missions and fixed some major problems (distance, completion of certain missions).

I'm always here to listen though. If you guys are still finding mission problems give me a yell (and I know you will). But as for the things I said I would comment on, I decided not to as the patches had already gone out. Me saying "mission distances will be fixed soon" when they already have is kind of silly.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Missions

Pickup missions still bugged! Tried to pickup, wait, drop, just select etc. My last attempt just selecting item, ended with the
    item just dissapearing (timeout?).

And, this was a 50% mission in which I died 5 times before finding item.
    I was using my 90 agent, FP enforcer for essence/stinger/ward form harm.........if an orange criminal/bully type look at me, I'm dead!

So, as far as I'm concerned missions are broken! I try it
    once in a while to get my missing 10 tokens for 250, but no token
    in weeks!

The only thing left for me to do in this game is borg hunting in Mort, which I'm getting rather bored with.....

Jokke
    lvl 90 clan agent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234