Thread: Bug with the new backpacks, includes excrept of an email sent to Funcom

Bug with the new backpacks, includes excrept of an email sent to Funcom

My friends, I come here to warn you of a potentially damaging bug introduced with 13.6, I believe this eMail sent to Funcom Support explains it rather clearly

Dear CS rep. for Funcom
    After being told by Advisor Markell to fill out a bug report describing the bug I encountered I am here doing so.

As you know, the last content patch, 13.6, introduced a set of new backpacks, named and with different icons. As one of my guild's bankers I rejoiced at the addition, management would become easier.

Today, one of my guildies asked for some items from the bank, particularly a set of Implants i will describe:

QL30 Head : Shining Creation; Bright High RoF
    QL30 Chest : Shining Life; Faded Sensitivity
    QL30 Ear : Bright Sneaking; Faded Psycho Babble
    QL30 Eye : Faded Warfare
    QL30 R Arm : Shining Warfare; Faded Radiation Resist
    QL30 R Wri : Shining High RoF
    QL30 R Hand: Bright Warfare; Faded High RoF

Also in the backpack was a QL20 Flamethrower

These items were put into a Large Backpack - Implants and given to the other player (he could SEE the backpack in his inventory, so the backpack was actually traded). When he right clicked on the backpack, the backpack disappeared and the message "Side Tokens Collected: 0" was produced.

Now, Advisor Markell insisted that items lost during a trade are the sole responsibility of the partied involved (which makes no sense, since its not the parties involved that write the code, and this puzzles me), even though I insisted that the dissapearence of the said backpack accured AFTER it was tradedm not during trade. It was, definitely, a consequence of the trade.

I come, through this mail, request 2 things:

1 - That the matter is investigated and fixed, also take a look around your QA department to see how such an obvious bug could have passed.

2 - That you either reimburse the items, or the value in credits you think they assume.

Failure to comply with request 1 will be met with loss of respect, both from me, the ones i know in game, and the community as a whole, as well as being a sign of lack of professionalism.

Failure to comply with request 2 will result in termination of my current account (-SNIP-).

I hope I have made myself clear enough, and I pray Funcom will do the right thing for once.

Yours truly
    -SNIP-

Be advised, dont trade valuable items inside the new backpacks. While this happened with a measly set of implants and a flamethrower , it could have been a full set of QL200 Nano Armor and a QL200 Stigma.
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Problem is that if they did replace the to numerous items lost to their own bad programming they wouldnt have time to make more bugs for us to complain about.