Thread: Clan developing dangerous AI?

Clan developing dangerous AI?

I have been seeing an increased number of wayward robots in the wilderness, I thought this was unusual, but payed it no mind, until one day I had been in Athen, and entered the Cup for refreshment, moments after I had entered, a Clan engineers robot attempted to attack me, in the 100 percent gas, it failed of coarse, what were these Clan engineers up to in that dark corner of the Cup?

I consider this type of AI dangerous, just as a mine field is left after a war with no records of where the mines were placed.

Yohon, here's the thing. There is a group of terrorists known as the Neo-Luddite Movement. They advocate a complete ban on thinking machines and robots specifically.

Using a flaw in a standard component found in variety of different models and makes of robots, they have discovered a way to subvert ordinary robot's programming and turn your humble domestic bot into a relentless killing machines.

The NLM believe if they can engender enough fear in the general population against robots, they will succeed in getting bots banned. This most not be allowed to happen, if for no other reason that my company, Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, would soon go out of business and I would end up working in my dad's fake-Italian restaurant in Borealis.

The are more details on the NLM and their dastardly ploy in the thread calledBot Smashers

I hope this makes things clearer.

Regards,

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I am far from a technical expert, but I would assume that if the Clans are developing artificial intelligence that they are basing it off of actual intelligence. If that is the case, I am certain that you can put your fears to rest.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    I am far from a technical expert, but I would assume that if the Clans are developing artificial intelligence that they are basing it off of actual intelligence. If that is the case, I am certain that you can put your fears to rest.
    Aha! But thats where we've got you! We're using the brain we removed from a hardline OmniTek extremist! And you thought we would be stupid enough to put our own simple minds in our defense robots...
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Well, that explains the disappearance of Jerry "Nuttyprofessor" Lewis. Another mystery solved (even if it was one that very few were concerned about)! Good luck with your endeavor.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Wouldn't put it past the clans to be developing some illegal AI program for bots.

First they create the mutants, then poison their own city of "Tir" creating chemical weapons, now this...

When are you guys going to stop?
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Originally posted by Gennis

First they create the mutants, then poison their own city of "Tir" creating chemical weapons, now this...

You joined the Omni Comedy Show as well? The mutants were created by OmniTek. Don't remember why Tir was poisoned, but I can find that out. Finally, this is crazy. No one has offered any proof as to the existence of this "dangerous AI". Merely because a clanner engineer was toying with his bot in a 100% suppression area trying to make it attack, which it could not.

Well, that explains the disappearance of Jerry "Nuttyprofessor" Lewis. Another mystery solved (even if it was one that very few were concerned about)! Good luck with your endeavor.
    Well Nevver your close, But i have a recording of what goes on in thier secret LAB

Originally posted by Uwen

You joined the Omni Comedy Show as well? The mutants were created by OmniTek. Don't remember why Tir was poisoned, but I can find that out. Finally, this is crazy. No one has offered any proof as to the existence of this "dangerous AI". Merely because a clanner engineer was toying with his bot in a 100% suppression area trying to make it attack, which it could not.
    Omni Comedy show? Haha, you're the funny one! Always trying to cover up for all the clan secrets.

You know, Omni-Tek would have to waste so much time, money, and manpower on creating weapons and defendence if you lousy clanners would have just left after you quit your jobs.

Seriously! How many other employeers would allow you to hang around the job site after you quit your job? Let alone allow you to start so many wars..
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Originally posted by Templus

Well Nevver your close, But i have a recording of what goes on in thier secret LAB
    Damn! She's got recording bugs in the lab!

Originally posted by Uwen
    Damn! She's got recording bugs in the lab!
    Well... YEAH! Just one of the many talents that Templus brings to DA.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well... YEAH! Just one of the many talents that Templus brings to DA.
    And the others are...?

Fear and intimidation! And suprise! Those are her greatest weapons! Fear, intimidation, and surpise! Oh and a unfailing belief in the faith! Fear, intimidation, suprise and faith! Wait can I start over?

(Ok, ok. So it might not have been anywhere near what they actually said, but you get the point)

Hmmmmm??? I have never had fear or been intimitaded by Templus.....and I am Omni....lol
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

Well it takes brains to be intimidated by Temp, so at least lie about it....I do
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Originally posted by Zariken
    Hmmmmm??? I have never had fear or been intimitaded by Templus.....and I am Omni....lol
    Funny nor have I been scared of the "KFM" at any point...but you all have changed..I can see that in your weekly flame towards me.

Same old people in the KFM just new toons

Now why would Omni see a clan AI as dangerous?
    Maybe because it would bring us clanners even further ahead in the intelligence race?

And to counter this, they could say that we would use an Omni brain to start out on.

Of course we would.
    We would just have to start with something so unbelievably simple and completely predictable as a rock with a couple of grooves cut into it.
    Something like:
    "Oh, our 'bot failed" => blame the clanners
    "Oh, a notum barge crashed" => blame the clanners
    "Oh, it is raining" => blame the clanners

And change it into:
    "An attack on clan territory" => fight against aggressors
    "An Atrox speaks to me" => give him pie
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

You forgot:

"I have a bad hair day"=> blame clanners
    "My dog died"=> Blame clanners
    "OmniTek ransacked my city"= blame clanners