Thread: Omni-Mining extends aid toward Neutrals

Post Omni-Mining extends aid toward Neutrals

Greetings Neutrals of Rubi-Ka,

I am Director Cristin Moscardelli of Omni-Mining. Recently, the board of Omni-Mining met to discuss a matter that has come to our attention. A matter that none other has cared much about. This matter being the Neutrals in regard to private notum mining towers. Omni-Mining noticed that the neutrals do not have a powerful producer of notum towers. Producers such as Omni-AF in partnership with Omni-Mining or the Sentinels. We feel this has mainly contributed to the extremely low amounts of Neutral towers. Since they aren’t produced well, they won’t be able to withstand powerful attacks.

Because of this, the Board of Omni-Mining has agreed to extend aid towards the Neutrals. Omni-Mining would like to aid in the production of Private Notum Towers. We feel that supplying the Neutrals with the superior quality of Omni-Mining made towers; it will once and for all give them a chance to create and keep a private notum site. We believe that this will befit both the Neutrals and Omni.

I, along with the rest of the board, would like to hold a meeting with fellow Neutral organization leaders. We would like to meet with these leaders to discuss our new aid extension. All info will be given at this time. We also would like to get to know the Neutral leaders a little better to further our regard towards them. I would like any Neutral leader interested to contact me to find out the time and date.

((Meaning contact me in-game and I will give you the time/date. So I know who is coming and so any unwanted people do not show up))

Nosey reporter

Excuse, Maam

Jon Grim, Omega News Network.

*flashes Press credentials*

Mind if I ask a few questions?
    "Jon Grim,Omega News Network, mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"....I dont usually give my comm number out on the first date, Ms. Thorn.......but you did dig that bullet out of my shoulder."

From the desk of Major McCover
    Leader of Desert Winds

I read this proposal with horror. And no its not that Omni-Tek is once again trying to send overtures to groups of independents. I see this effort leading to increased mining on Rubi-Ka with the associated byproducts and effects onour system. I also see it as another attempt to keep Rubi-Ka on a leash, to keep her under the thumb of money makers who want to destroy her.

I will oppose this move by Omni-Mining.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Trisagiona yawned. She was still not fully awake, and her body screamed for more sleep. She denied it that as there was too much to be done these days. Too many tiny victories to be won, and too many big losses to deal with.

She made herself some nice pollen tea to wake her up and sat down behind her desk to read the days news. She prayed for some good ones, but knew there would most likely be none.

She read. “Family complains, music too loud from the Neuters” Tris shook her head. Waste of digital space. “Import of fine ****es denied to neutral trader”. Another waste of fine digital space. “Omni –Mining extends help towards neutrals” She frowned as she selected the topic and read the article. At the bottom, the knuckles on the hand that held around her cup of steaming hot tea had become all white. Greed she thought. Greed is all it’s about these days. The greedy and those that are to be made greedy. The hot cup was starting to burn her hand. There was no way the greedy were going to listen, she knew that. It was like an incurable disease that spread faster than fire in dry grass. She could only hope that the neutral community held enough fresh and moist grass to stop it spreading there too. She hoped, but she also knew that she had to start lighting the counter fire just in case. The pain in her hand became unbearable and with all the anger in her, fuelled by her frustration she threw it hard into the opposite wall. “Damn them! Damn them to hell!”
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Aha ..

More sneaky omni imperialism.

It's clear that all the omnis want here is to strengthen their influence in neutral areas.
    That masquerade they're putting up wasn't exactly hard to look through.

If any neutrals even consider that proposal, they would surprise me with their stupidity.
    Or, they're not neutral at all ..
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

*snorts some notum dust*

What was that again? I missed it the first time you said it.

Dunno, something about neuts and omni mining help?

If neuts wanted more mining, they'd go on the offensive and nuke clan and omni alike, asfar as I've seen neuts are peaceful folks and don't kin to any kind of notum warfare.

*snorts some more notum dust*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *runs away from an imagined rollerrat*
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

Post Omni-Mining Responce

The Board and I have reviewed these so called threats and opposition to our new aid extension. We will not take these threats seriously. We don’t have the time or patients to deal with such nonsense. These words will not affect the dealings of Omni-Mining. But any actions against Omni-Mining will be dealt with harshly.

For those who have read these threats and oppositions. Don’t bother. These people are known too cause trouble. Causes that result from manipulation and deception. They are only trying to gain power by making everyone else weaker. My Neutral friends, do not trouble your selves with these certain Neutrals. They are terrorists, nothing more.

My word to the wise, don’t listen to them. They aren’t worth our time. Do not let them continue to manipulate you and your friends. For if you let them, they will only gain power. Do we really want terrorists to have power? I think not. Omni-Mining wants to help the unfortunate Neutrals. The ones who truly fight the war. We only want to aid, nothing more. For they are receiving no aid at all; “we can always get by with a little help from our friends,” as the saying goes.

Re: Omni-Mining Responce

Originally posted by Swiftmind

Omni-Mining wants to help the unfortunate Neutrals. The ones who truly fight the war. We only want to aid, nothing more. For they are receiving no aid at all; “we can always get by with a little help from our friends,” as the saying goes.
    Can you believe this load of BS? Dolled up propaganda at its best. Making the neutrals look/feel unwanted or oppressed. Pretending like they actually care about neutrals, aside from as an monetary asset. And what is this about Neutrals being the only ones that fight the war? I thought the whole idea of neutrality was to be the one NOT fighting the war?
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Re: Re: Omni-Mining Responce

Originally posted by Uwen
    Making the neutrals look/feel unwanted or oppressed. Pretending like they actually care about neutrals, aside from as an monetary asset.
    If it protects the neutrals ands serves a common good for neutrals and omni, who cares why it was done. If OT wants to help me and protect my intrests because it makes them money, more power to them.

If its mutually beneficial I dont care if its done out of greed, its better than being slaughtered by clanners for no other reason than because they can!

I dont give a rollerrat's ass if they care about me, I just want to be safe to conduct my business and after all the senseless clan attacks I have suffered, I'll take help from anyone and wont ask why!

Re: Re: Omni-Mining Responce

Originally posted by Uwen

Can you believe this load of BS? Dolled up propaganda at its best. Making the neutrals look/feel unwanted or oppressed. Pretending like they actually care about neutrals, aside from as an monetary asset.

Uwen, I must also say, as moderates go, you are pretty quick to dismiss every and any gesture comming from an OT faction as necessarily being part of an evil ploy. To the best of your knowledge have Omni-Mining got a track record of dirty tricks, brutality and assorted nastiness? I did not think so either.

Admit it, your just kicking yourself for not having thought about this initiative first.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

My response to Desert winds Complaints...

Dear Members of the Ecoclogical terrorist group Desert Winds..

My name is John "Blackswords" Rm. I am a member of Omni-Mining and am a Board member as well. I have decided to reply to you posts of stating your Horrors and Distrust of the greed you seem to think we represent.

Fact one: I spend much of my time surveying and observeing Tower mining sites and have seen little or none Ecological damage done by the towers. The few things that have disrupted the ecology is the suppresion gas preventing preadators from getting kills from time to time.

Fact two: Most of the supposed Ecological damage done is when a tower is destroyed and the explosion destroys plantlife and kills or Injures animals in the vicinity. However safety precautions to prevent toxins in the towers from having an effect are the Nanos incorprated into the Towers design that disingrate the tower at the nanotech level leaving nothing behind..

Fact Three: Without Notum mining there would be no ecology for you to bitch about. without the profits from the notum there would have been no monies to terraform the plant. without the Notum no Nanotechologies would work and nothing would be as it is. Without the notum this world would still be a unihabitable sun scorched rock without a living thing on it.

Fact Four: Omni-Tek Only Leases the Mining rights to Rubi-Ka from SOL corp and when that Lease is completed Never Doubt that SOL corp and its forces will not take over Rubi-Ka to keep its ecology Prestine. No they and other Corperations will come for the Notum. So it is best to deal with the Devil you know and can trust to a certain degree then the Devil you don't know. For I don't think that SOL corperation will tolerate your actions that disrupt the mining of notum.

That concludes my reply.

From John "Blackswords" Rm

P.S. To all Omni and Neutral Orgs. I and Omni-Mining would be happy to extend our advice in laying out towers and will provide my Survey Information when I have completed it.
    (So Please don't shoot me if I'm near your Towers I'm just looking.)

A small correction on point 4. Its the ICC that holds the lease. Sol Bank corp, like Omni-Tek itself, is just one of the many corps that form the ICC.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Read your history books! Nanotechnology was around long before notum was discovered, actually the galaxy was doin just fine. Notum does allow for greater and more advanced nanotechnology, but nothing done with notum is impossible without it, except insurance which only works on Rubi-ka anyway and is of little concern to the galaxy as a whole. The main problem with notum mining from my view is that it threatens teh lives of all Nanomages. We can only live on Rubi-Ka and we need notum around us at all times to survive. The effects of notum depreciation are already being felt. The mining must be stopped!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Actually, you should read history yourself. Nanobots were first invented on Old Earth. But until the discovery of notum, nanobots required some sort of strata to work within, be it a human body, medical stim, or the fabric and material of your armor. Notum allows for nanobots to work outside of that strata, in open air or in outer-space.

Without the discovery of Notum, Omni would have not landed, not started Terraforming, and you'd not be walking out in your "free" air. And notum fuels the money AND the nanobots that are used in the terraforming.

Again I say, read your history.

-Darkthought, Nano-Technician of Omni-Mining

Originally posted by Brent7s
    Fact one: I spend much of my time surveying and observeing Tower mining sites and have seen little or none Ecological damage done by the towers. The few things that have disrupted the ecology is the suppresion gas preventing preadators from getting kills from time to time.
    I can only presume that your methods are as insufficient and superficial as any other organization hell-bent on stripping profit from Rubi-Ka. That you do not see the damages caused by improper maintenance, shoddy construction and generally lousy quality components implies this. And from looking over the specifications of the equipment your organization offers, I can find almost no variation from the standard store-bought equipment, it might just as well have been taken straight off the same shelf. Which leads me to wonder, is it?

On wildlife, your comment about predators is a glaring example of how utterly and totally ignorant you are of the ecology of this planet. We're not talking about an Anun here, a Rhinoman there. We're talking about the complete abscence of any and all wildlife in the area. A wildlife that is either shunted into huge unnatural gatherings in 'waterholes' safe from the depredations of fluctuating gas and whatever contraptions the constructors put into the towers for the express purpose of driving wildlife away, or causing the complete extinction of several species in the affected area.

Fact two: Most of the supposed Ecological damage done is when a tower is destroyed and the explosion destroys plantlife and kills or Injures animals in the vicinity. However safety precautions to prevent toxins in the towers from having an effect are the Nanos incorprated into the Towers design that disingrate the tower at the nanotech level leaving nothing behind...
    *sigh* Always they drag up this. Never ever stopping to concider they're quoting company propaganda. Yes, the spike from a destroyed tower is harmful. A little. For a VERY limited time interval. However, the destruction of a tower harms no wildlife, since the tower has previously made sure there is NO wildlife around. See the point above. And the safety precautions work fairly well, I'll grant you. Which is why destroying a tower isn't any longterm risk to the environment. However, it's shoddy OPERATING equipment that pose the danger. The destruction bots won't touch intended, or even unintended toxic spills. I have seen for myself how most tower operators more than willingly cut costs by ignoring maintenance, or fail to allow for proper recycling of waste products.

Fact Three: Without Notum mining there would be no ecology for you to bitch about. without the profits from the notum there would have been no monies to terraform the plant. without the Notum no Nanotechologies would work and nothing would be as it is. Without the notum this world would still be a unihabitable sun scorched rock without a living thing on it..
    *sigh* The ignorance. Where do they find it? Most of the plant/wildlife on the planet is native. Terraforming of this planet has been to allow for human prescence on the surface without protective gear. And almost all native life has had little or no trouble adapting to the changed conditions. Terraforming has its roots in notum mining, it's true. But we're now seeing a stripmining of Notum on a scale orders of magnitude larger than it has ever been before. It's disrupting the mineral balance in every area being mined, thus further endangering native plant/wildlife, that depend on certain levels of Notum to survive.

And all this happens in the name of profit. For do not try to delude us that you're trying your scheme out of the good in your hearts. You want Money. Huge amounts of it. And you want to wring it out of every nook and cranny on this planet you can fit an extractor. And you're trying to subvert neutrals to your cause. Shame on you. Shame on any that takes up your offer.

Fact Four: Omni-Tek Only Leases the Mining rights to Rubi-Ka from SOL corp and when that Lease is completed Never Doubt that SOL corp and its forces will not take over Rubi-Ka to keep its ecology Prestine. No they and other Corperations will come for the Notum. So it is best to deal with the Devil you know and can trust to a certain degree then the Devil you don't know. For I don't think that SOL corperation will tolerate your actions that disrupt the mining of notum. .
    ICC holds the rights on Rubi-Ka, which OTRK has leased for another 25 years. This release of privately owned mining gear is nothing more than a desperate effort by OTRK to maximise their profit over the last years of their lease. And ICC supports them by allowing it. This only shows that ICC is nothing more than a profit-protection racket.

I must say that your Devil allegory is sorta accurate. Pathetic, but accurate, in that we're fighting the devil here. Except. The devil we know is completely unacceptable. We'll take our chances with the next one thank you very much. Maybe it's better, which will be good but unlikely. Maybe it's worse, which will be bad, but equally unlikely, since the situation can hardly get much worse. Or it may be much the same. Whatever. We'll not stop fighting this fight until we are happy that the planet has been returned to a sustainable state. That requires a riddance of ALL devils.

That concludes my reply to your reply.
    This is only my opinion of course, but I'm entitled to it.

BattleFalcon, Unit Commander of Desert Winds
    Bandasje, first ever neutral TL6 doctor, any server.

The issue isn't one of lack of towers or skills to produce the towers, it's the inability of Neutral's to hold off attacks from larger Clan AND Omni (*cough* Omni-Pol *cough*) org.

Even more annoying are greifer orgs who are secertly funded by larger orgs and use us for target pratice.

And strictly OOC, it's near impossible for Neutral orgs to ask Omni or Clan friends for help because the Team Side thing is so horridly bugged! In defending a Neutral base, our team side goes to Omni/Clan, and yet we will still be hit by AoE roots/nukes/snares from those defending the tower, but not on our team.

And there was the issue of our towers ignoring the fact that they're being attacked. I don't know if this is true anymore since there are no high level neutral towers left to defend.

OOC: To Omni-Pol, sorry for singling you out above, you were not the only org involved in the destruction of IR's Little Hawaii base. You just happen to be the only org that I can say for sure was there. Since I can't recall 100% who else was there, I won't post other orgs here, as they don't deserve to have their names dreagged through the mud if I don't remember correctly.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.