Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Back to the point...

1°) People who kill others in 25% zones are playing the game.
    If you don't like it just go play on Flurry Bunnies Online.

2°) Training with witnesses = insta ban. Closed account and goodbye.

That is all.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

"1°) People who kill others in 25% zones are playing the game.
    If you don't like it just go play on Flurry Bunnies Online. "

gotta love it when people squeeze things in that have nothing to do with the subject and call them 'the point'. No offense really but aberic wasn't attacking us k thx. Wish he would have attacked us to be honest rather than runnign into us and /terminating.

"2°) Training with witnesses = insta ban. Closed account and goodbye."

This is the point. That is what we are trying to get across to aberic. He really needs to wake up and apologize. Be a man about it all. I'm not going to grief him like he griefed everyone that day by just getting him banned outright. I want to give hima chance to apologize which he clearly is not doing.

Originally posted by Gummizluv

I agree,
    but I would suggest *repeated* training = insta ban.
    (or at least a significant suspension, since this is just greifing
    and not an exploit that continues to benefit your character)

Sometimes fights with mutiple mobs and teams can be chaotic,
    and most players do deserve the benefit of the doubt.

The first time, the player may honestly be trying to escape a mob..
    The second time, there's not much doubt about what they are doing.

PvP is 80% griefing other people, that is always the case in all games that lack PvP balance, i.e. all non FPS shooters like quake/ut/cs, there you get pvp balance, but never in online RPGs, never happened, will never happen. If you want PvP in games like this, that's what you get, so get over it.

imagideon obviously you didnt read the post its not about pvp.

Originally posted by killahsin
    imagideon obviously you didnt read the post its not about pvp.
    It's about killing other players by grief playing. Training mobs to do it is the same as ganking someone 100 levels lower or teaming up many against one, both is griefing, there is no challenge in those things.

1°) People who kill others in 25% zones are playing the game.
    If you don't like it just go play on Flurry Bunnies Online.
    As i think I pointed out earlier, that is true, but all communities (be they real life socities or online ones like in AO) have a set of rules or conventions that they consider appropriate for the enviornement. Once a majority of that community agress something is 'wrong' it becomes taboo to do these things, and you certainly won't escape angry reactions if you do.

You must remember that many AO players have come from established MMORPGs where such behaviour is considered one of the lowest acts of griefing. Yes, some players have never played a MMORPG before and may not be aware, and are more used to FPS where game mechanics are exploited to get every edge possible.

I'd be willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt once, maybe twice in a tough zone. Hell, I'd even forgive one intentional training if they are new to the genre and were willing to accept that its not correct behaviour once informed.

Aberic is not one of those people though, he knew very well what he was doing.

at the end of the day he can deny it all he likes, its his reputation on the line, I just wouldn't like to be in his shoes when those guilds he griefed reach his level.

The reason you ended up in Omni-Ent is this:

If you manage to save next to a hostile guard or monster, and end up in a death-loop, you want to get out of there, right?

Thus, if you get killed multiple times fast enough, you are considered stuck in such a loop, and you spawn in a safe area instead.

This have some side-effects, as seen.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: what a

Originally posted by meomy
    bunch of lies

Your just using this to get back at me.

I havent responded becuase its crap.

For me to attack a group in there i have to run in and attack if mobs aggro me thats not my fault.

If you don't want me to attack you don't go there.
    It wouldn't be nearly so bad if not for you "I'm going to take my ball and go home" /terminate crap. If you were willing to take it as well as you dish it out, that would be one thing.

Best argument yet for the elimination of PvP titles...

Scorus

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Back to the point...

That is all.
    Hate to stray from this discussion, but I want a clarification. It is perfectly okay to train a charmed pet on someone, right? I mean, we can't charm or fear players, please don't tell me that our only allowed form of PvP offense is considered an exploit?

Scorus

in 0% and 25% gas, anything is legal
    and this is the way it should be

ppl need to realize that this isnt eq, a large point of the game, is that there are 2 sides in opposition. it doesnt always come up, but i know that i had lots of trouble with clanner punks in mort when i was xping on borgs there, and everybody knows how i usually dealt with it )

i personally dont have a lot of interest in pvp at this point, id be just as happy with the amnesty in effect for now, but i know that if i was lvl 200, id feel differently. so i never gank anybody, and usually just die when somebody tries to gank me, recently however, i cant run around camelot without some clan punk trying to gank me, that tends to annoy me when im just lookin around a new dungeon.

get over it, aberic was trying to make it so that camelot isnt clan dominated, which is a huge thing, which side controls various leveling areas can be a big deal, thats why clanners used to gank non stop in 2ho, is because omnis run through there all the time otw to missions. now the shoe is on the other foot and the clanners are whining like lil bitzes.

blizzaro

teaming up many against one, both is griefing, there is no challenge in those things.
    It's called war. This is a tactic. If you don't like it stay the hell out of PvP areas. When I get ganked by a group of L180s (I'm L >>99<< ), I dust myself off, shake my head, wonder what the hell I was doing even NEAR those people, and get on with life.

I don't whine about how I was ganked.

This is off topic though, but people need to realize that it's part of the game.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Scorus

Hate to stray from this discussion, but I want a clarification. It is perfectly okay to train a charmed pet on someone, right? I mean, we can't charm or fear players, please don't tell me that our only allowed form of PvP offense is considered an exploit?

Scorus

charmed pet = intended feature

training mobs = officially stated as exploiting gamemechanics

if you are a crat, there are limits on the strength and number
    of mobs you are allowed to fight with.. and it's very clear that
    mob 'belongs' to you (ie it's not attacking you and obeys you).

if you are not a class that can charm,
    then you have no buisness trying to have mobs fight for you.
    especially not 20+ mobs. lol.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    teaming up many against one, both is griefing, there is no challenge in those things.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called war. This is a tactic. If you don't like it stay the hell out of PvP areas. When I get ganked by a group of L180s (I'm L >>99<< ), I dust myself off, shake my head, wonder what the hell I was doing even NEAR those people, and get on with life.

I don't whine about how I was ganked.

yes it's war my friend, but even war has rules, and the fact of the matters is that within the MMORPG community what he did is considered against those rules (be they unspoken or otherwise.)

Personally I'd considerd it relevant to the part of Funcom's published code that harassing other players consistently is a bannable offence. This was harrasment, not fair gameplay.

give your feelings to Funcom

hi !

I'm a very too low levels to ty to go in Camelot dungeon... but i completly agree with your most point of view (as the Rypht one) that a way to play like the Aberic's one is totaly unormal as it make parts of the game impossible to access for others.

I think that you could send a petition to an Ark to tell them to have a look at this post. Maybe they could realize that they can't let everyone do all that they want : We got Anarchy in the name for sure... but at least everyone must be able to play an have fun if it's still a game.

dungeons are for everyone. Not the property of 1 player.
    Anyway..that's my point.

Originally posted by killahsin
    "1°) People who kill others in 25% zones are playing the game.
    If you don't like it just go play on Flurry Bunnies Online. "

gotta love it when people squeeze things in that have nothing to do with the subject and call them 'the point'. No offense really but aberic wasn't attacking us k thx. Wish he would have attacked us to be honest rather than runnign into us and /terminating.

"2°) Training with witnesses = insta ban. Closed account and goodbye."

This is the point. That is what we are trying to get across to aberic. He really needs to wake up and apologize. Be a man about it all. I'm not going to grief him like he griefed everyone that day by just getting him banned outright. I want to give hima chance to apologize which he clearly is not doing.
    Hum... I was actually to the point on both. The 1°) point was obviously not directly related to the lame attacks told in this thread. But I always feel compeled to say to everyone that when they are in 25% they have to be ready for ugly ganking and nasty tactics. There is no fairness here, except what is inforced by the game mechanics. This first point is intended to evacuate this problem and stay focused on the training problem on 2°).

So just try to ponder your answers a bit. Thanks.

Now why should training in 25% considered a solid ground for a ban ?

Well I believe that zerglings tactics of gankers are a way of having the odds on your side if you are not skilled enough to do otherwise. Gankers do go in a fight, even if they are taking no risk about it most of the time. This is lame, unfair wahtever you want, but it's still PvP in my view. Basically it means : don't go solo in a PvP zone, go in full team. And yes in war zone you'd better go in force unless you are a master spy.

Now training is a whole different matter. It means that just one guy that can mess a whole dungeon and many teams gaming, all alone just using speed or reflect shield. This is no more anarchy but chaos and it implies even less skill than ganking. And when the guy /terminate himself in the middle of a group, he cannot argue about his intentions : this is not a bad pull or a fumble. It's just dumb idiotic major nuisance.
    And I am not even comparing training to Crats' charms, where only 2 mobs can be charmed (1 in a 'stable' way, the other in a very unstable way), ready to tear the head of the Crat when the charm suddenly wears off.

As it was said, in all older MMORPG the training goes into a special category of the net etiquette : it is not accepted. It's in a lesser extent like using exploits to intently crash a zone.

Now I don't really care about discussing 'should it be a ban after the 1st or 3rd offense' but just put in perspective the whole thing :

train = ban
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

"get over it, aberic was trying to make it so that camelot isnt clan dominated, which is a huge thing, which side controls various leveling areas can be a big deal, thats why clanners used to gank non stop in 2ho, is because omnis run through there all the time otw to missions. now the shoe is on the other foot and the clanners are whining like lil bitzes. "

I guess spending your whole day training as many mobs on people as you can is considered keepign the dungeon from being clan dominated. Sorry but it wasnt just clanenrs that died from this.

Aberic is now a MOB. To make the dungeon more interesting, Funcom has made Aberic clones that train the MOBs on the players. This is to make it more interesting because there's really not much else there.

I went the the dungeon this weekend. The boss was already dead. I had to fight through couple of dozen gray mobs that were hitting me for 600 dmg. This is probably their min damage because I had my melee and projectile AC up to 14k with my superior deflect shield. Luckily, these guys had low AC and low evades, I was critting them for 1100 each hit with 3200 brawls. Other than that, the dungeon looked really nice, but it lacked content. They probably added the 25% zone because they ran out of ideas on how to make the dungeon more interesting.

And that Aberic character is actually intentional to make it even MORE interesting.

Ok, I'm just kidding.

Simple solution

Funcom, pull the logs and see if Alberic did what he is accused of doing.

If he is guilty, ban him and make a statement that a player (no name need be added) was banned for the offense and warn others that similar actions will be dealt with just as harshly.

Because if you allow this to slip by, my account will be cancelled the second Neocron hits the shelves, period.

So lose his account, or lose mine; you choose.

Re: sigh....READ before you post.

Originally posted by thantos911
    Sandfox

Aberic is not DC he is SN totally different guild.

duh.

So what does it have to do with DC being the first guild to kill the boss mob?
    OOC: Congratulations to DC for being the first to bring down the Camelot Boss.

IC: Why should I congratulate some Omni scum guild for killing the Boss in a dungeon within a CLAN city?

Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast