Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Well he wanted your groups dead, and did everything he could to make it happen then.

if you remember

Originally posted by lilnano
    OH yea, at least Snarf doesnt hide behind a different posting name, and doesnt deny or make excuses for what he and his guys do...

you where told by funcom to use a differnet name in here as to give a tougher time to hacks geting axcess to your account.

I have never hiden behind my name. Show me one post where i tried to decive you about who I am.

its fine to kill people in there if you want the dungeon loot. however just going in there to kill everyone is just grieving..
    and thats what hes doing. if he was just clearing it out *shrugs* oh well but hes just there to kill every one pointlessly

Question lilnano...

Originally posted by lilnano
    OH yea, at least Snarf doesnt hide behind a different posting name, and doesnt deny or make excuses for what he and his guys do...
    ----
    By your own logic lilnano, you are excusing Snarf's ganking BECAUSE he uses his in-game nick on the boards? Your funny

The mind is a wonderful thing and emotions will foul it up everytime.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Some of you seem to miss the point, even if the dungeon were not 25%, he could do the same thing.

Re: what a

Originally posted by meomy
    bunch of lies

Your just using this to get back at me.

I havent responded becuase its crap.

For me to attack a group in there i have to run in and attack if mobs aggro me thats not my fault.

If you don't want me to attack you don't go there.
    lol, "hello, im a 30 year old virgin, i 0wnZ j00 n00B13$"

come over here, ill show you what my fist looks like.
    get back at you for what?

i hope you die.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I know...

I group with Aberic out of neccesity and hopefully you'll take some solace in knowing that most of the upper level people think he's a tool.
    I'd post under my real name but I like using Aberic to tank when I have hard missions.
    Sure he's a lamer but he's a level 186 lamer

considereing that Funcom have already said it is a 'banable'
    offence to pull mobs onto other players in the outside world,
    the same probably applies here.

*note: of course, banable usually just means endless warnings..

Alberic, and some others, I witnessed Steffani doing the same, have been reported to be doing this all day.
    "Apprentice" Staffani now routinely /terminates whenever she SEES me to stop me from getting a kill on her. I am petitioning her and others whenever they use this cheap and dishonest tactic.

I encourage you to do the same.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I fully admit I attack Omni wherever I can. Where possible I target the higher levels first. But if I'm dropping by Avalon to check for omni and you're omni, expect me to attack you. I will NOT train mobs or exploit (which Cloudeh has immaturely accused me of), but I will certainly attack you.

Is this griefing? No. Areas like the Aces camp and Avalon have great rewards and great risks. If you can't deal with the risks involved (people of the opposite side attacking you), then you should hunt in an area with a more acceptable level of risk.

Snarf

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

If Funcom does not see to it that Alberic and his cloonies are banned, they will lose far more players than DC provides due to the disgust most of us have for them.

The reputation of Funcom as a true community supporter is now under the microscope; lets see how they come out of this one. If Alberic isn't banned... well... there are many games coming out in the very near future...

First off, Aberic and Steff are part of Silent Night....not DC

Secondly, the sad fact is that 4 groups of your guild couldnt take out 30 mobs, there is something wrong there and perhaps you shouldnt have been there in the first place.

yes Aberic is griefing, but Mike is right....he wanted to grief you and there is nothing you can do about it but just expect it when you go in there.
    ~Manchilde

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok okokokokokokokokokokokokok

OK!

May i add that yes it is cheesy to terminate yourself, but it is within the rules of the game.

Although i strongly believe they should put a time limit on termination, or make it where you cant terminate in a fight. <---- anyone else agree with me? Cosmik? do you agree?

First off, Aberic and Steff are part of Silent Night....not DC
    What sort of drugs are you on?

Snarf

Aberic you enver attacked us u ran by us right by us till u got to the wall and you terminated yourself. Hell I dimached you you didnt even get a chance to turn around. you just /terminated yourself. This is not true:
    "Originally posted by meomy
    bunch of lies

Your just using this to get back at me.

I havent responded becuase its crap.

For me to attack a group in there i have to run in and attack if mobs aggro me thats not my fault.

If you don't want me to attack you don't go there."

Yes Aberic you have members from #ao-basher, omni members, and about 30 other people who all saw you clearly training mobs and self terminating at the groups. We're all saying this to 'get back at you'. Wake up aberic man. It sickens me that idiots like you can't realize that is not FUN. You are ruining peoples enjoyment when you do crap like this. You can't even be a man admit what you did and apologize. Which means you SHOULD be banned. There is a difference from a mistake Aberic and repeatedly doing this to groups and people all day.

You did it to my groups 2 times the third time they killed you before u could get past them to get your extensive train. You did it to MikeBond's group. As I was leaving the dungeon to come make this post people there were saying you have been doing it all day. During my post you did it while I was posting it again. This time with steffani... Heh.... So many people were witnesses but thats right "It's all lies to get back at me". Yes oh we hate you so much aberic blah blah blah. Get realistic dude this is about the simple fact that you do it intentionally. Knowing it is a grief tactic, end of story.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 10th, 2002 at 11:57:36.

I think there is a distinct difference between the roleplaying aspects of the 'war' on Rubi-Ka and Aberic's actions. Whilst I don't want to single him out he is the example in question.

What he did was purposefully train a group of lower level (lower then him that is) players with a large amount of Mobs. Now his defence on this thread was that he couldn't help it if mobs agro him, true enough, but more then two dozen? Thats either deliberate or absolute stupidity (and he wouldn't be the level he is if it was the latter)

For those who defend his actions by saying he is roleplaying and the training is a 'tactic' of war, fair enough perhaps, but consider the following:

1.) In that case he is roleplaying a very cowardly soul, something I'm sure Aberic would take issue with.
    2.) He is using (exploiting??) game mechanics to inflict far more damage on a group of opponents then would be possible normally, thats not a very RP thing to do.

so I'd say the roleplay arguement doesn't stack up.

The problem is that Aberic (and others like him) are little different to the playground bully. Why do they do it? because they are bigger and they can, and they seem to get some strange ego thing outta doing so.

You can't have your cake and eat it folks (well at least not if you want to retain any credibility). If you want to use the roleplay aspect of the game to PvP all the time, thats cool, thats what large elements of the game were designed for, what you can't do is then also expect to be taken seriously when you exploit every little game mechanic available to ensure that you never get into god forbid a fair fight (I mean, waoh there, you might lose, can't have that can we). Roleplayers tend to like 'real' fights, griefers tend to like using roleplaying as an excuse to jusitify their behaviour.

All's fair in love and war they say? well thats true enough . . .wait a minute though, is it? Even war has conventions to prevent waring factions from crossing boundaries of what society considers proportionate force. When one side crosses that boundry and commits some form of atrocity or contravention of these conventions they are universally derided and they make themselves far more enemies then friends (ask the taliban or Milosevic)

Society has a set of definitions of what is fair in war, most other MMORPGS have taken a stance on this and come up with different solutions- From EQs strict 'play nice policies' to UOs seperate dimensions. What we need is for Funcom to take a line on this.

Then of course the griefers accuse those that complain of whining, 'if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen' sort of affairs develop on the boards. Well, that depends on the circumstance: You grief me on the way to/from a mission and kill me before I can get a hit in, fine, Rubi-Ka is a risky place. Personally I'd send one tell (probably a sarcastic one congratulating you) and get on with playing, and forget it, I'd like to think I'm slightly bigger then that.

however if their action was consistent, and spoiling the enjoyment of large groups of players, then thats another matter and I'd like to see something done.

Was it making a point about high level content?? please . . .

Yes, Funcom need to address the issue of higher level content, but there probably aren't enough true high level players yet to justify the effort to match that which they are currently putting into the 70-100-120ish range (which is where a significant percentage of the playerbase is gravitating towards). However that does not justify those who are 160+ deciding that the only way they can enjoy the game is to pick on lower level players.

If you are that bored, go pick up a copy of DaOC (although I get the feeling UT or CS might be more their thing), and come back to AO when they add more high level content.

One word of warning to them, what goes around comes around, I saw the same happen on both EQ servers I played on, and in UO. When the rest of the playerbase catches up (and sure that may not be for a while yet) and the majority of players start to have at least one 160-200 Character, things start to catch up on them.

Folk have long memories and once someone is no longer in awe of your equipment or level all thats left is your real character, and personality.

Anyone who griefs can defend themselves as much as they want, but pretty soon they'll just be objects of derision and once people have the ability to bully them (be it in groups or one on one), then, well . . .

let loose the dogs of war . . .

then you'll see who whines
    Last edited by Sillirrion; Feb 10th, 2002 at 12:09:02.

Few points

While I dont see anything bad in "training" myself. I think it as valid tactic of disposing superior enemy but seems FC thinks different.

There was article LONG time ago where FC said that training mobs to others is considered harasment which is valid reason for /petition and possible banning.

I think thats pretty lame though. If you cant take the heat, stay out of the sun. Imho there SHOULD be places where all powergamers, griefers, idiots, etc (these types are not necessarily same) can hang and kill each other.

Atleast they are not then out in the wilds hunting your exp party where it would really annoy you or which annoys you more?

The fact that you cant go to one dungeon in game which requires anyways about 20 people or more to kill the end monster or the fact that those same griefers come and kill you with half your level exp unsaved on you?

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 5-140

PS. I think it was also lame for someone to petition about being killed by "griefer" in political/mayhem zone. You take your chances when you go there. Live with it. As for griefers, remember though that FC is driven by whines. Enough whines and action WILL be taken

Originally posted by Snarf

What sort of drugs are you on?

Snarf
    go look it up....actually heres the link for ya

Aberic - http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../1/name/aberic

Steffani - http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../name/steffani

Jeez, I figured you would know these things Snarf
    ~Manchilde

I was there when Aberic trained a lot of minions to the steps (where the 25% starts) in Camelot castle. So there is no doubt about that, i saw it with my own eyes.

Earlier that night a some GVRK members lvl 90-120 killed both Aberic and Staffani. Aberic was pretty easy to kill. Steffani was harder (that fight took a long time), but she was killed in the end without any loss from our side. Aberic got a few of us.

Im thinking that Aberic came back to the dungeon to revenge his death. Thats when he started to train mobs. I only saw it happen once, but others seen it too. So it has happen on serveral ocations.

I dont mind the 25% zone in the dungeon, thats is fun and something new. But Aberic's minion trains should be stopped, by FC or his guild........... ?

well

I am only one person.

I can't even begin to befend myself against a bunch of hatemongers.

Making up things is a waste of my time and yours.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast