Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Originally posted by Scumbug

I agree,
    but I would suggest *repeated* training = insta ban.
    (or at least a significant suspension, since this is just greifing
    and not an exploit that continues to benefit your character)

Sometimes fights with mutiple mobs and teams can be chaotic,
    and most players do deserve the benefit of the doubt.

The first time, the player may honestly be trying to escape a mob..
    The second time, there's not much doubt about what they are doing.
    I too would like it emphasized that if it happens only once that you give the player the benefit of the doubt because they may simply be trying to escape the mobs.

Of course from what everyone who was there says, this is NOT the case with Aberic.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

How

MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS I WAS ATTACKING CLAN LAGGED OUT AND WAKE UP AT RE CLAIM AFTER HAVING TO RECONNECT.

JUST KEEP IT UP BECUASE IT IS JUST BECOMING A VERY LONG DULL DUMB POST.

I DID NOT TRAIN ANY MOBS ONTO A GROUP HOW MANY DAM TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS.

I DID NOTHING WRONG I DENEY NOTHING AND I ALSO REGRET NOTHING.

IF FUNCOM DECIDES TO PUNISH ME FOR YOUR IDIOTIC RANTS AND RAVES THEN SO BE IT. BUT THEY WILL BE IN THE WRONG JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE BECUASE I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Re: How

Originally posted by meomy
    MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS I WAS ATTACKING CLAN LAGGED OUT AND WAKE UP AT RE CLAIM AFTER HAVING TO RECONNECT.

JUST KEEP IT UP BECUASE IT IS JUST BECOMING A VERY LONG DULL DUMB POST.

I DID NOT TRAIN ANY MOBS ONTO A GROUP HOW MANY DAM TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS.

I DID NOTHING WRONG I DENEY NOTHING AND I ALSO REGRET NOTHING.

IF FUNCOM DECIDES TO PUNISH ME FOR YOUR IDIOTIC RANTS AND RAVES THEN SO BE IT. BUT THEY WILL BE IN THE WRONG JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE BECUASE I DID NOTHING WRONG.
    Well then you must have a whole hell of a lot of people pissed off at you for another reason if you're claiming that all of them are lying about it.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Pooty Tang

He is a public figure if he wants to be or not. (see trial) Any1 in that spot will get attacked/flamed just to say.."I killed Aberic!" etc. This may be the reason SO many ppl are commenting.

Human nature.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Observation

Odd that no one has mentioned putting pressure on Aberic's guild. Historically, war has been waged against those who "harbor" wrongdoers. Sound familiar?

Perhaps those of you angry with Aberic's actions should focus your anger on a bigger picture? What sort of guild is Silent Night that it would tolerate Aberic's actions? Let's see:

Silent Night
    Faction: Omni

Government: Republic

Description:
    Yup we're bored

Objective:
    To not be bored

Personally I like to think a guild is as good as its lowest common denominator, but that's just me.
    Due to the extreme caffeine content I only serve Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee imported from Earth.
    4 out of 5 Bureaucrats prefer it over Menthol.

Re: lilnano...

Originally posted by Kodiene
    Originally posted by lilnano
    OH yea, at least Snarf doesnt hide behind a different posting name, and doesnt deny or make excuses for what he and his guys do...
    ----
    By your own logic lilnano, you are excusing Snarf's ganking BECAUSE he uses his in-game nick on the boards? Your funny

The mind is a wonderful thing and emotions will foul it up everytime.

Been doing some asking around of my RL friends (high level) who play Omni. Nobody could ever remember Snarf ever training mobs on any anyone, if he ganks you , its at least in your face ganking. If you read my post its the lame tactic of mob training that gets me . And I can even live with THAT, hey I know the risks of being over 75 in a PVP zone...and I dont whine if I bite the dust at the hands of a 190. What I think is lame , is Meomy whining and crying when HE gets the same treatment from someone else. Gankers dont bother me, Gankers who scream when THEY get ganked , well that does.

LN

Re: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Originally posted by killahsin
    When he can't kill them He will get as many minions on his tail as possible 20+ and train them on the groups. This grief tactic seems to be fine. It's not considered an explot!
    That's where you're wrong. Funcom has said since early this autumn that theses tactics are an exploit, and claim to have banned several griefers utilizing it.

-Filik.

Re: Observation

Originally posted by Gifted
    Odd that no one has mentioned putting pressure on Aberic's guild. Historically, war has been waged against those who "harbor" wrongdoers. Sound familiar?

Perhaps those of you angry with Aberic's actions should focus your anger on a bigger picture? What sort of guild is Silent Night that it would tolerate Aberic's actions? Let's see:
    I assume you are not aware of this character's history? His current guild is just a front so that his and other characters actions will not be associated with his real guild, which is on some kind of probation (yeah, right). The griefers keep finding ways to throw their actions in Funcom's face and Funcom keeps finding excuses to cower in a corner instead of doing something about it. Pathetic.

Scorus

Re: Re: Do you love camelot castle...heres a tip...

Originally posted by rorthron

That's where you're wrong. Funcom has said since early this autumn that theses tactics are an exploit, and claim to have banned several griefers utilizing it.

-Filik.
    Ah, but I remember high levels that would run through the Cyborg dungeon, kill the boss, and run back out. This would essentially train all the mobs to the entrance. Everyone that entered then got attacked by a dozen cyborgs, and reclaim was almost instant. And that was NOT considered an exploit, but rather a strategy used by the high levels.

Report this with screenshots.
    This is disruptive gameplay.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Training and terminating is abusive gameplay but if Funcom really wanted to reduce it to a minimum they would code their mobs aggression behavior accordingly. In DAoC many mobs, when drawn away from their normal location, will kill the player that got them to aggro and any teammates then peacefully walk back to their lair ignoring any passers by unless attacked. This makes hostile training almost impossible.

The training of mobs...

Having spoken with a GM on this issue in the past, I can say that according to what the GM has said, training mobs on others and doing so knowingly is considered harassment by Funcom. As we all know, Harassment of another player could result in suspension of one's account.

Just report them... May not achieve anything, but it's worth a shot.

Here's what I think

I don't think that training monsters should be considered harassment (fyi, I've never done this. So don't accuse me of writing a self-serving post!). It's just part of the game mechanics. This aspect of the game has always been around, and it's an excellent pvp tool, in my opinion. If the developers feel that training is something that is too much of a problem, I don't think the solution should be to ban people for it, because this relies on more of a subjective, and not objective, view. Instead, the game should be altered to where training is not feasible. I have the same opinion regarding exp macroing: to combat it, don't ban players who "appear" to be macroing, simply make it to where the game is not feasible for macroers.

I don't think Aberic should be banned. If the Code of Conduct says that training is bad, then he should be punished if he did it. I actually tried looking for the COC; does anyone know where it is? At any rate, I don't agree with that part of the COC, assuming it's in there.

Training is exploiting game mechanics. Always has been always will be. Any repeat trainer should be perma banned and I mean all accounts.

I think people can find a reason to cry *no matter* how they die. Depends on the person I guess.

Re: Re: lilnano...

Originally posted by lilnano

Been doing some asking around of my RL friends (high level) who play Omni. Nobody could ever remember Snarf ever training mobs on any anyone, if he ganks you , its at least in your face ganking. If you read my post its the lame tactic of mob training that gets me . And I can even live with THAT, hey I know the risks of being over 75 in a PVP zone...and I dont whine if I bite the dust at the hands of a 190. What I think is lame , is Meomy whining and crying when HE gets the same treatment from someone else. Gankers dont bother me, Gankers who scream when THEY get ganked , well that does.

LN
    You missed my point. A gank is a gank and by your own logic your excusing the S man. I'm just saying why gang up on Aberic just because he doesn't use said nick on these boards? I say this only about your comment, not that he may/may have not trained ppl. I wasn't there, so only ignorance would incline my to say HE DID IT!

Maybe it was an event?
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

"I think people can find a reason to cry *no matter* how they die. Depends on the person I guess."-Mor

gotta love you Mor, sure I find a reason to cry no matter how I die. Lets see ive lost now 3 million exp at one time, thats np. Even when its insta death it's np. Ive been 'ganked' by players 90 levels above me. Again NP. Death is not the problem Mor.

You see I play this game for fun. I play with my guildmates and guildies from other clans because I have fun playign with them. It is a enjoyable experiance. I have OT friends and clan friends as well as neutral friends. I don't go nuts when i die, because i enjoyed the experiance before i died. Loosing exp is NOT the end of the world.

The problem is certain individuals will do whatever they can to take advantage of bad game mechanics or bad ai. To get an edge over a player they otherwise could not beat. Or a bunch of players that would slaughter them. This tactic is the oldest grief tactic in mmorpg's. Aberic is no fool, his actions are not defendable no matter what one says or does.

He needs to learn to apologize when he does idiotic things.

"MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS I WAS ATTACKING CLAN LAGGED OUT AND WAKE UP AT RE CLAIM AFTER HAVING TO RECONNECT."

Got to love this aberic character, yah really just do. If he did it to a GM he would swear he didn't. Aberic you attacked no-one. You only attacked yourself with /terminate. Just apologize already lol. Your getting old son. You say the thread and the rant is old but your denial that your denying anything is really funny. So what your saying is that all 30 people that saw you do this repeatedly are lying? If a GM was there, would he be lying too? "The bad people at funcom banned me for laggg!!" Thats what your going to stick to as your story? Even though you did it repeatedly? Even to old guildmates of yours?
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 13th, 2002 at 07:07:06.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Did see this happen today. Luckily I did a nice 60% of his HP before he typed /terminate so I got a credit for it.

Oh and it was also funny to see his entire train get eaten up.
    But yes, it is lame. I'd support him being banned for this kind of stuff. Going there and attacking groups himself I have no problem with however.
    /me bows

Vewy well done masta

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456