Thread: I.C. Justification for lower gas levels?

I.C. Justification for lower gas levels?

I can see Lord Galahad can buy all that land from the Clans but not be able to afford a full-up gas pumper for his basement. I know Mort is a big area and probably a waste of resources to keep full of happy gas. Clans probably had to pay their bar tab this month.

What I still don't understand is why Omni-Tech turned the supression gas down in Omni-Trade or Omni-E. Did they run out of money or something? Low on gas? That's the thing that doesn't make sense to me. Is Omni-Tek RK going broke or something?

Why are they exposing their guards to gunfire from unfriendlies when all they have to do is turn the thermostat up a bit on the gaspumpers.

Something incongruous here.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    My guess is that happy gas not only reduces your aggressive behavior, but it also acts as a general sedative. Since Omni-Tek is a hypercorp, whos primary reason for being is to make money, it might make sense to try to keep your workers as productive as possible.

Here's my list of reasons why happy gas doesn't exist 100% in Omni-1
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Omni-Trade: Happy gas affects your bartering thought process.
    Omni-HQ: Can't have intra-corp power struggles when everybody's hugging each other Barney-style.
    Omni-E: Those Eden bar-bouncers have to be able thow people out if they touch the strippers.

As for exposing guards to gunfire... well, those guards are being paid for their trips to the reclaim terminal. Besides, since no one is dying-dying, OT doesn't care about the pain and suffering of a few guards as long as the rest of their workers are productive.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]