Thread: Read This

Exclamation Read This

I've been playing AO for about a month now. It was the first MMORPG that I played, I never got into Everquest or Ultima Online. I have been reading all the complaints that everyone has, and I have to say, for those of you that are quitting, you've made it worse for those who are sticking it out.

Sure the game has problems and I acknowledge them, and many of you out there have been playing since the orginal launch date and know a HECK of a lot more about the programming than I do(I'm an electrical engineering student myself, but HATE programming). I may be naive in saying all this but the fact is, quitting is NOT the answer. If we all just gave up and said "screw this game, I'm gonna wait for.....yadda yadda yadda" then we all just wasted alot of time/money.

this game may run as fast as a one-legged man in a marathon, but it WILL get better. I dont work for FUNCOM, I am just another player stuck with idea that it will be better. I dont have answers but I do know that just quitting right now will hurt us all in the long run.

stick to it, you'll see.

Talking

Heh...we've been saying that from day one...

But yes, you're right...and it's for those same reasons that I am still here. And yes...it is a good game. It just needs some time.

Well I've been playing this game since beta for almost a year now.

I got tired of saying, "it's gonna get better" and "they are going to fix it".

I just recently (2 weeks ago) started playing another game. One of the competition. You know what? No bugs not one encountered in almost 60 hours of play. Only 1 disconnect too. No lag.

I figure I was just wasting my time trying to "play around" bugs, no static dungeons, the changing of the playing field, and the constant changing of the "rules".

While I was waiting for them to fix the game and waiting for the storyline to come out, I was wasting my valuable time beta testing this game. In fact, I was paying FunCom to beta test this game?

When will the game be playable?

I used to ask myself that 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? Well it's been a year.

Maybe I'll be back in another year.

Jeron,

Would you like some cheese with your whine???

Seriously if you hate the game so much and are disappointed in it then leave we don't need you spamming the boards with your "AO sucks" messages.

and to say that no improvements have been made over the last year is just plain wrong and a testament to your ignorance.

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    Jeron,

Would you like some cheese with your whine???

Seriously if you hate the game so much and are disappointed in it then leave we don't need you spamming the boards with your "AO sucks" messages.

and to say that no improvements have been made over the last year is just plain wrong and a testament to your ignorance.
    Hey KrazyKanuck,

How about reading my message?

I didn't say I hated the game. I was agreeing with the original post. They have had problems and the game needs time to mature into a good game. The question is "How much time?"

"How much time?" is everyone willing to wait? I waited a year. An entire year! I personally think that waiting any longer is a waste of my time.

How long are you willing to wait? How long is the poster willing to wait? That is the question.

There is no doubt that the game will be very playable and enjoyable some day.

What are the current problems with the game compared to the competition? You obviously haven't played a Crat have you?

One post doesn't make spam.

I never said AO sucks.

I never said that they didn't make any improvements.

Who's the ignorant one here? I'd say you are, since you are totally misquoting me. In fact I can't believe I am lowering myself to your level to defend myself.

It's been said a million times before, but I agree.

On the "this game is bug-ridden" subject, this game gives me absolutely no problems ever. I've used it on any combination of 3 different OSes, two motherboards, and 3 graphics cards, btw... If people out there would take better care of their computers, they wouldn't have any problems either. I'm willing to bet these people have problems with every game they purchase, too.

The people who talk about disconnects and lag don't realize that just about everyone who plays this game is on ONE single server (or 'dimension', whatever you wanna call it). That's a pretty amazing feat for any game. All the other RPGs can run on as many servers as they want, which is why you don't encounter lag there.

Of course the whole "half the classes suck" argument is completely different and I won't go into it