Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boglwe missing?

ooc

Seriously tho, Nevver, I agree completely. Boglwe left a mark on Rubi-Ka in a way both unforseeable and POWERful. People know her, many respect her, and many love her.

For what? Well, if it's any one particular thing, and what that thing is...it's debatable. She's not known for really "doing" anything...but inaction--when provided in the right circumstance--is in and of itself an action.

Boglwe has been (and hopefully will still be) a source of humor, love, and a penchant for one of the most abstract forms of roleplaying (when she was actually awake and walking around) possible in the world of Rubi-Ka.

((edited to note oocness))
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

I guess ya just have to know her I suppose.

*shrugs*

Smile My thoughts ...

I just wanted to add a few thoughts here. And this is a little strange because the posts have a real sense of loss where there is none. Boglwe is still with us, shes just in ICC now.

As someone who knows Boglwe pretty well from her time as a Rose, I was witness to her affect on people. In her own very unique way, she has been able to touch a lot of people. Most in very small or subtle ways, but I've never been one to underestimate the force of subtlety, kindness, or being profoundly cute. It is for this reason that I voted for Boglwe as most influential clanner in the GSP contest.

I for one am very sad to see this happen to the Angels of Light. Everyone I have met from that guild, including Boglwe, has really been outstanding. Despite what you may have read on this thread, the guild has not been disbanded, and so there is still some hope for the future of the Angels, even if it doesn't involve Boglwe.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

come on...

Boglwe stands idol for a month at the wompa and there is no story behind it?

Is it that there was no story or reason, and that is the story?

Is it that she was feeling lazy and relaxing, vacationing? I dont think so why would she be standing and not sitting...

Originally posted by Emiliy
    **BREAKING NEWS**

BOGLWE FOUND!

Rubi-Ka Headline Services(Andromeda) - Rubi-Ka's favourite semi-statue, the illustrious Boglwe, has been found in front of the Whompha at ICC HQ in Andromeda.

Boglwe's absence from her normal spot in Borealis has recently created a great deal of chaos for weary travellers passing through the mountain town. Although it is not known who moved her there, or if she magically sprung alive (as she sometimes tends to do), citizens of Rubi-Ka can yet again be relieved that she is still guarding the electronic gates of the Whomphas.

When asked for comment, Boglwe was silent.
    Aha ..

Yes, that's correct. I was on yesterday (( with my alt )) and saw Boglwe standing there .. I noticed she was unguilded and asked her if she hadn't just been a clan leader .. I never got any response though. But she still looked as colourful and cute as ever.
    Last edited by Didymus; Feb 26th, 2003 at 09:18:07.

It just goes to show that even when clanners stand for nothing, they can't stand together. Another one bites the dust...

OOC:

Gonna miss Seeing Boglwe there. Coming/going to missions was always fun to see her there. Amazing how no action can cause such a re-action. Good job to all she's done.
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

In my own special way, I love Boglwe. Not in a romantic or physical sense (well she is pretty damn fine so let's leave physical on there), but there was time a few weeks ago where she took the time out to talk to me about a problem I was having. I don't normally discuss things like that with just anyone, but she happened to send me a tell like right at the exact instant where I needed someone to talk to. Every day since then I thought about what she's told me and he advice made a marked improvement for my ingame and real life.

Never before have I received such good advice from anyone, for as far back as I can remember and I seriously love her for that. Not in the romantic sense perhaps, but like....I dunno.....good friend? Mentor or something? Hard to describe, but I don't want people getting the wrong idea :P

Not only does she give outstanding advice, but she's extremely nice, generous and is so damned cute it's uncanny. Ever seen the lovers meeting at the airport? OMG to say that is cute is an understatement. Saying that she does nothing means that you've never taken the time to get to know her. I hold Boglwe, and by extension, all of the Angels of Light, on a very high pedestal. I am seriously hoping things work out for the better there.

The fact that this thread exists shows how much they've touched us all.

Oh. and you must hear boggy's music. it rocks
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Emiliy
    **BREAKING NEWS**

BOGLWE FOUND!

Rubi-Ka Headline Services(Andromeda) - Rubi-Ka's favourite semi-statue, the illustrious Boglwe, has been found in front of the Whompha at ICC HQ in Andromeda......

When asked for comment, Boglwe was silent.
    Hmmmm I'm not surprised. However.... This might sound strange, but she CAN talk. I have actually been talking to her (and no i was not running a fever at the time... and NO again I had not been drinking my usuall red wine...)
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Good ole Boglwe, and the angels. I too have a fascination with this bunch but it doesn't go much beyond that. From what I've figured boglwe=weblog or blogger, someone who writes or perhaps logs vicinity chat and then picks through it, but I could be wrong. Just another one of the mysteries. Hehe if she did log all vicinty she must have a hard drive full of people asking "why does she always stand there." I even asked her to turn me into a bird once before I realized she was a statue

Now, Deacon, who in all pf Rubi-Ka would ever get the wrong idea about you and cute ladies?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Originally posted by Jokser
    Now, Deacon, who in all pf Rubi-Ka would ever get the wrong idea about you and cute ladies?
    No idea big guy, have a slice of pie

/me gives Jokser his slice of pie
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

I've heard in the past that there were issues between Boglwe and the Angels which lead to her passing leadership over to Dooley.. This may be just one of those /org quit moments and all will be mended in a few days and she'll return. I, of course, don't know the full story, but with the history seems like a reasonable theory. One could only hope this is the case.

Boglwe is a real sweet lady. She's made an impact on alot of people just by being unique. She's friendly, outgoing, creative and silly. She's a breath of fresh air when times are tough.
    Not but a few days ago, during a time when I seriously needed to get my mind off a few things, she, out of nowhere, invited me to play poker with her and some friends. I could never be more grateful for her invitation and had alot of fun. I do hope to play with her again sometime...(even tho I only won once!)

Best of luck to Bogwle and the Angels. I'll be sure to stop by ICC to give a huggle or two.

Tristalyn raises her glass.
    Here's to those who really do make a difference.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Originally posted by Tristalyn
    Foul ole Ron raises his jack
    Aye, to those who do make a difference ..

Best of luck to Bogwle and the Angels. I'll be sure to stop by ICC to give a huggle or two.

Amen to that sistah!

Angelus0001 raises his glass of Old-Earth Congac
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

dafuq
    Last edited by MrForceboy; Dec 18th, 2012 at 16:09:16. Reason: dafuq

To those who make a difference
    Jokser rises his glass of vintage malt whisky.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Missmaul raises her glass of super-caffienated fruity sugar water with a little umbrella in the top/

Here's to the Bog of Lwe.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I've only had limited contact with Boglwe but from the time I've spent with her I value her as a friend. She has a refined sense of Art, and I greatly respect that. I wish her well!
    BG
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    Oh. and you must hear boggy's music. it rocks
    I have... eh, experienced her "Lovers at the airport", but what is "boggy's music"?

Angelus can't stop lauging when thinking about "Two lovers at the airport"
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Emiliy raises her cup of The Cup coffee

To Boglwe and AoL!

Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast