Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Soloing and Teaming (the conclusions)

Fixers, agents, crats and soldiers....and what about engineers. I played the game when it first came out and I started playing again, and the only thing that has improved for engineers is their pets holding agro, thanks to the new self made aggro trimmer, which thankfully works. But the biggest and major issue with pet pathfinding still remains. When are you going to fix that? I'm tired of my pet getting stuck inside tables, walls and any other objects you come across.

In addition to over equipping changes coming up, they will also change all missions to be rooms with tables, chairs, water, balconies, rocks, short doorways, pillars, and some other things that pets will get stuck on.
    But please just send them money and you'll be fine.

Originally posted by DoctorEarl
    In addition to over equipping changes coming up, they will also change all missions to be rooms with tables, chairs, water, balconies, rocks, short doorways, pillars, and some other things that pets will get stuck on.
    But please just send them money and you'll be fine.
    And make silly posts based on.....nothing....

Pets get stuck less now than they used to.
    I miss LadyE.

Well maybe they get stuck less (but it doesn't look so) , but they seem to have forgoten what door is, and how to use it. They still haven't fixed problem in room with bridges, when you sometimes fall through, at least any other petless class can just climb out, no biggie, but getting your pet out of the watter is hell, oh yeah and getting your pet into those giant worm missions is a challenge indeed. Outdoor hunting in hills, don't even get me started on this one.

Soloing....

As long as I can solo 50% missions up to lvl150 Im happy.
    This I think should be the goal to balance the classes agaist, not PvP or stuff like that.

So, how do I define soloable?

#1 First 3 mob room
    This is normaly the hardest part in the mission. If you get lucky you get no or lowlvl mobs... This part is ok if you need to zone several times to kill them all. After all, they are 3!

#2 Normal 1v1 combat
    Against a 50% mob you should NEVER need to zone&heal to be able to kill it, if you do something is not tuned right.
    And that should be with a nonoptimal char, not a IP perfect, uber twinked one. This to ensure that casual players can still play and enoy the game. Yes, for the twinks it will be easy... nothing to do about that!

#3 progressive mob dificulty
    As it is now, people level like bats out of ....., this I think is due to the fact that mobs difficulty doesn't scale up fast enough. Was is needed here is a system that looks at char/team lvl and changes the mob behavior after that. Ex, for each 10% higher the mob is against the player, you increase the mob casting by 25%. This includes healing, dots, dds and so on. For noncasting mobs, like Anuns, something else is needed.

Hum.... I wouldn't mind a lowering of the 10% xp cap to 5% or lower. Normaly no players should hit that 10%... A lowering of that limit will also hamper exploits somewhat... those people just can't get the full benefit of the uber xp mob they just killed!
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Wow Greeat Article!!

I missed this article when it was first written. It was a very good read. Thanks for the update on what the plans are!!
    Last edited by Lord Nemesis; Mar 27th, 2002 at 17:04:51.

I have to say...

I agree with my fellow fixers who have posted in this thread that summon nanos that no one uses and grid armor disks which very few people can find are not fixes.

I also think you took away thing that were suposed to be unique to fixers and who knows why? It's not like Docs and traders didn't already have a niche in teams and the world commerce.

I don't think a "fixer only grid" is a fix. And I am glad to see other fixers realize it's more of a placating act than anything else. Well, here's a thought:

Spend the time your teams waste on graphics and what not for the new grid, on new summon and the like and give us a viable way to cast our own nanos. It's rediculous that we are in stated fixer descriptions, very astute on the working sof the grid and able to manipulate it and we have a difficult time casting the nanos that allow us to do this.

Now that you are going to implement an IP reset it'll be a good time to lower the cost of our nano skills.

Here I am seriously thinking of dropping this character for an agent who can cast the grid nanos earler and hit better.

Give a reason for being. Like more use for b&e in missions. LIke alarm systems that have to be turned off.
    Yureiko

Level 74 Fixer

"You've been adrift in the sheltered harbor of my patience," - Cobra Bubbles

"There are computer games that handle the Fixer type character really well. AO is not one of them.

Check out Uplink, System Shock II and Project Eden for a truly engaging Fixer Fix."

Angry pop-up ads

nothing but a ton of pop-up ads.

All that I ask is that you don't turn AO into Everquest.

In everquest, all through the game, you have to have full health in order to kill something two to three levels under you. Then, once it's dead, you have to sit for 15-20 minutes to regain your health/mana before starting again. The only way to get ahead in the game is to:

1) Get in a group and camp rare spawns (which is difficult to do because everything in the game that is worth camping, is already camped)

2) Twink your character (which is even more difficult to do because you either need to know someone who plays a higher level character on the same server as you who is willing to give you better equipment or have a higher level character yourself that you can do this with)

3) E-bay!

In Anarchy Online, you can solo just about any mob in the game that is even or lower level than yourself. You don't have to worry about camping, because you can just do missions and know ahead of time what your reward will be. Grouping would be icing on the cake, it would just be fun to get in a group, do a dungeon which had an uber mob at the end.

In regards to the social aspect of the game: If I want social interaction, I can just go to one of the many bars for my wining and dining needs. Think about it... would you rather talk in the middle of a desert while wearing combat armor, or in a nice club wearing the latest duds? I think you have my answer.

Originally posted by Cub
    MP :
    Hostile nanos ~ including nanoshutdown
    3 pets ~ one that has non stop healing
    flying ability at a very low level ~ quatum wings
    masterys, infuses, mochams
    can equip weapons, not high level ones, but with wraggles it sure helps
    evade buffs
    Lots of extra gear to help up stats ~ nelubs coat, shields
    ** very capable of soloing while eating your bag of doritos watching the football game
    ( i also have a MP, and "I" and i know even a lot of MPS feel they are overpowered. )

...ok thats a MP with a ADV. maybe a bad comparison cause Mp's are the gods of AO atm, ....

thats my opinion. plz don't flame me with your opinions. Just post yours. don't flame mine thanks.

Hi Cub, well what i want to write is not a flame! Seriously not sir.
    Just want to correct something very important.

-Hostile nanos ~ including nanoshutdown

Well i have to admit that this nano is really awsome. Sure i dont want to tell any difference. But first thing is: This is nano doesnt belong to a long line of nanos. It is a "high end nano", what you can use near the end of your carreer. And dont forget the enourmous time to cast this one and the duration of it(20 to 30 seconds i dont know atm). Well quite nice nano but no decent in PvM as far as Monsters do not use nanos that often and that metas need a quite long time to kill mobs, cause the pets are just attackin very slowly(at least at lvl 60.. i am just waiting for my first chant nano, and hopefully i see a change in pets attack init)

-3 pets ~ one that has non stop healing

Well 3 pets right, but the Mind Clouder Line is well not very usefull. I like the visual effects it does on oponent. Thats quite nice looking sure . But not really helpfull in any way.
    The heal pet is indeed quite helpfull, but please remeber, that most metas (at least this is what i think) are nanomages which means that their health is redicioulisly low and they die sooo easily that red mobs can just kill you as easy as they would do without your pet. Yellow mobs indeed most of the time (the time your pets is NOT GREY or GRASS GREEN) are quite easy to withstand the damage, just needs a lot of time to kill the enemy anyway.

-flying ability at a very low level ~ quatum wings

Definetly not true. In my guild ppl at lvl 40 got low ql yalms with very low requirements. A metaphysicist can use this nano if he is not capable of some decent artifacts like shirt of kuwaza at lvl 70. Thats really nothing special. And btw this nano is not in store so it is much more difficult to acquire. Especially if you dont have any help from higher lvls.

-masterys, infuses, mochams

Thats indeed the non plus ultra. Nothing to add nothing to commend.

-can equip weapons, not high level ones, but with wraggles it

LOLOLOL. Sorry to say but this only is true for the first well maybe 70 lvls. After this you can put your gun in the paperbasket and the ip lie wasted around. The onyl weapons a mp can use with benefits are his creation nanos, which suit him really good but are no way uber. And for my own opinion a mp should never wield a gun. It looks just plain silly!

-evade buffs

Yap, we have exactly one evade buff (+60 to evades)
    Thats a nice thing but in the end nobody wants it except profession who have nearly maxed evades so that the 60 points may give them exactly that skill to evade yellow or orange mobs.
    But for the meta itself it is nearly useless. No IPs to waste on this skill.

-Lots of extra gear to help up stats ~ nelubs coat, shields

Everybody can use nelebs nano robe and for some professions (NOT only the meta) it is good use.

-** very capable of soloing while eating your bag of doritos watching the football game
    ( i also have a MP, and "I" and i know even a lot of MPS feel they are overpowered. )

Hehe sure sir, doing a mission can last terribly long because pet pathing is horrible and fights may last for ever because your damn attack pet flies to beginning of mission and you keep running through the mission pulling tons of enemies behind you.

All in all MP is one of the good professions, but a god no.
    I have to say i dont need xtra love, i am just totally satisfied with what the mp can accomplish and it is quite good as it stands.

My 2 cents
    Rim
    Last edited by rim; May 6th, 2002 at 02:37:31.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910