Thread: Help Save the Robots

Help Save the Robots

<Announcer> Omni-Tek Nannovision and Onmi-Edutainment are proud to bring you the following documentary feature, sponsored by Bronto Burger, “Damn that’s a big one.”, and RoboPall, “Your big plasteel friend.”

<View shows a nannomage in an old trench coat standing in the gothic streets of Rome>

<Panzerkunst> My name is Panzerkunst, a level 28 Engineer with Omni-Tech, and your host for tonight’s program. The images and sounds you here tonight may shock you, children and those with a freight heart may want to turn down the sensation level of this broadcast.

<Camera follows host as he walks down a rain soaked street.>

<Panz> Ladies, Gentlemen, Atrox, there is a terrible tragedy happening right now through out Rubi-Ka. It’s a travesty so heart wrenching that no one has dared show it to you until now. I’m not talking about the Rebel Clans and their so called resistance effort, this is much more significant and crosses all political and breed boundaries.

<The host stops at the entrance to a dark alleyway.>

<Panz> Inside this alley, hidden from the work a day world, is a scene of degradation and suffering the likes of which you have never seen. Come with me and see for yourself my friends. Come and bear witness to this unspeakable horror.

<The host proceeds into the alley way followed by the vidcam, it is very dark and only rough and menacing shapes can be seen. As they progress pairs of small golden lights begin to appear, hundreds of them, some flickering pitifully, others bright but somehow sorrowful.>

<Panz> We will now shed light on a crime that has so long been shrouded in darkness…”

<Suddenly the vidcam lights blaze illuminating the alley in a bright glare. Hundreds of robots huddle in the harsh brilliance. Many make the futile effort to hide from the light, behind larger bots, some shield their visual receptors, while others sit stunned, either unable or without the will to move.>

<Panz> Millions of robots just like these, all arcos Rubi-Ka are suffering. Abandoned, abused, forgotten and neglected, they rust in the savage streets or wander lost in the dangerous wilds.

<The camera pans over the hapless bots, many are badly damaged, covered with trash and graffiti. Some larger ones carry smaller ones unable to get around on their own. Most seem deranged, murmuring to themselves and attacking foes that don’t exist with their one good arm fighting a battle they can never win.>

<Panz> They just want to serve us, just want to be useful, but we’ve left them behind, for newer models or simply forgotten the service they once provided for us. Many were abandoned as robotic shields while their master fled. They defeated their foes but no one was there to repair them when the battle was done. Their stories are as varied as they are tragic.

<Panz lowers the microphone to one of the robots.>

<Advanced Automaton II> Mrep mrep grep mrep grep grep mrep grep grep.

<A trickle of tears run from Panzerkunst’s sewn up eye sockets.>

<Panz> I… I can’t believe that anyone would do such a thing to an innocent and hard working robot like this. It makes me so angry and sad, that its difficult to go on, but I do, because someone has to do something. Someone has to do what they can, to repair and restore these faithful friends to mankind. Someone has to give them the love and respect that they deserve. For all they have done for us someone has to do something for them. I am that someone, but I can’t do it all alone. I need your help gentle viewer. Your donation to the save the robots fund will lift these sad lonely souls to a higher place, where they can serve and protect once again.

<Announcer> Send all credit donations to the Save the Robots Fund, care of Panzerkunst, Rubi-Ka, Oni-Entertainment, Block 15, Apt #3.

Panz, I've not been on this planet to long. I moved here rather suddenly when I found I was no longer welcome in my old home world. I've been watching a lot of TV to familiarize myself with your planet.

After a tiring day of working on my expirements I was flipping through the channels when I came across your show. It touched me so. I had no idea the suffering robots on this planet go through. Myself, I'm a doctor and spend most of my time patching up and discecting living specimens so I rarely interact with any 'bots.

I think I can help your cause. These poor and unwanted robots will serve my expirements well. I have a few reets in my lab that would be so much more interesting with pincer claws, at least after I'm done with my expirements on them. And once these poor helpless things are cleaned up off the street I can maybe set up my practice in that area.

Dr Franken,
    Curing and causing maladies of all sorts.

The Circle of Life

I dont beleive all that OT propaganda for a second!

All of OUR bots a recycled.....

Clan engineer motto:

Our kill bots come from recycled beer cans,
    Our beer cans come from recycled kill bots,
    The circle of life continues.

~R~