Thread: Misunderstanding in G. Tir County

Misunderstanding in G. Tir County

My ingame name is Shaxy and I would like to make an appologie to Gaelic Spirit.

Todays attack was not intentional and was merely an accident. I had no intensions of attacking any of your towers.
    Here's a brief explanation of what happened:
    I was hunting in shades (west from the base). 5 or so shades aggroed me and i couldn't kill them so give it a try with running away from them. While i was running i saw a base and i thought maybe it was 100% so i ran in there (didn't even notice it was 5%). Fortunately i lost the shades and sat down to heal myself. And then all of a sudden a tower attacked me (link to a screenshot in the bottom). Since it was a lvl100 base i panicked and ran away (auto-attack was on, but i never returned fire).

I am truly sorry about this incident GS.

http://www.angelfire.com/psy/ao/scrn0007.png
    Life is too short to be taken seriously. - O. Wilde

2.9mil huh

Can someone give this man some work

Umber, make him a Pie slave.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Great! Just great!

Could you please keep your remarks to yourself as this is getting off topic!

Lol the man is trying to profusely appologise for an honest moment of stupidity and all you guys notice is the anount of credits he holds. Geez i can see what matters more to you. I'm on to you people!!

Nothing really matters to me. Thats why I said something about pies. So what if Pies matter to me. Anyways...Very noble of you.

I'm onto you too Ben!!! You have that evil i'm-a-lonely-cute-fixer-come-save-me-and-love-me thing going! wont work on me....no sireee!

(edit) PS: i don't like pie.
    Last edited by Farmacist; Feb 24th, 2003 at 17:43:56.

Actually, we in Devil's Advocate have never pretended to have any other agenda other than credits. That aside, I think it's commendable that Tristrus came forward and cleared up this misunderstanding with Gaelic Spirit.

Early retirement is everyone's concern.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

/me is beginning to think that Fixerben is hiding in Council of Atroxes secret hiding place eating pie.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

...bump...

(OOC) Tristrus you think THAT was stupid? Try this: the first day NW goes live I'm in my yalm (when I had one) flying over Omni Forest (when I was Omni) when I spied a tower.

I get the usual message of who owned the tower and that the suppression gas was 25% and I had 58 seconds until being attacked.

So what do I do? I fly TOWARDS the tower. I'm thinking, well it's owned by an Omni org and I'm Omni so there should be no trouble. I was curious and I wanted to see what one looked like up close.

The grace period runs out and wham, the tower starts shooting at me. And I hang there in the air a few seconds in bewilderment (hey this tower is SHOOTING at me but I'm the same FACTION).

I managed to shake off my amazement in time to gun my yalm and get the hell out of range.

I wouldn't worry about it Tristrus. There are plenty of false-alarm attacks during the 5% gas period, so you're hardly the first or last person to do this. Just about every tower-owning org has handled dozens of false alarms and understands your position.

You are, however, the first person I've seen to post an apology like this. Hats off to you, most people who trigger false alarms, in my experience, don't bother saying they're sorry.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    Umber, make him a Pie slave.
    He doesn't pay me. Maybe you can work something out with him Tristrus
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Jynne
    I wouldn't worry about it Tristrus. There are plenty of false-alarm attacks during the 5% gas period, so you're hardly the first or last person to do this. Just about every tower-owning org has handled dozens of false alarms and understands your position.

You are, however, the first person I've seen to post an apology like this. Hats off to you, most people who trigger false alarms, in my experience, don't bother saying they're sorry.
    (OOC)
    In fairness to others Jynne it should be noted that some people may not understand the mechanisms of the towers (and some people may not even have NW).

I didn't apologize. It was the first day and I had no idea of what exactly was happening except that I was being fired upon. Now of course I do know and I would handle it differently (mainly by getting the hell out of the area BEFORE the grace period was over)
    Last edited by Aniee; Feb 24th, 2003 at 23:14:28.

For crying outloud will someone from Gaelic Spiric accept this poor man's public appoligy? I want to see a happy enging ...maybe it won't be happy...but i want to see how this ends

(free bump)

OOC

They may not have any RPers so they may not look here. He may just want to look up the leader and send an apology.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Boghira
    I'm onto you too Ben!!! You have that evil i'm-a-lonely-cute-fixer-come-save-me-and-love-me thing going! wont work on me....no sireee!

(edit) PS: i don't like pie.
    And, No, I'm not looking for anyone to love me. I am prefectly happy how I am now. I am just trying to put some fun into my life. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

Fixerben pulls the black hood back over his head and wanders into the darkness...

Well i posted this apology because I didn't want to be responsible if anything happened to the relations between my guild and GS.

I think it's admirable of Tristrus to
    post this apology on the forums ..

( But seriously, what a place to put the hotbar! )