Thread: A letter home

A letter home

TO: (CENSORED) Sector 750 Division Green, Omni Administration: Omni Prime
    From: (CENSORED) aka Anastasia Aenie Russi: Tir City: Rubi-Ka

Hello Dad

By now I'm sure that your contacts on Rubi-Ka have informed you of what I've done. I don't even know for sure that you'll accept this communication so this may all be moot. But just in case you do, I felt that you deserved an explanation.

Before I start, Dad I do want to thank you for letting me come to Rubi-Ka. You didn't have to allow it. And I know that you pulled some strings, called in a few chips to let me come here incognito using the name Anastasia Russi. Of course that was as much to protect you as it was to protect me, I'm aware of that as well.

Even so I know that the higher-ups in Omni Administration will soon learn that a daughter of one of their higher officials has "defected" to the clans on Rubi-Ka and you will soon have a fire-storm of criticism coming down on you. I'm sorry for that, Dad, I really am.

So now it comes down to why. Why did a member of the (CENSORED) family, a family that for generations has served Omni-Tek leave the corporation and throw her lot in with a bunch of rebels.

Dad...I think our family may have become too isolated on Omni-Prime. We have lived Omni-Tek, breathed Omni-Tek. Born and died Omni-Tek but do we really KNOW Omni-Tek? Do you know the effect that Omni-Tek has on people who are not of the corporation, Dad? When I lived on Omni Prime all I heard about
    the rebels on Rubi-Ka was that they were a bunch of traitorous former employees and their descendents who lied, stole and tried to destroy the corporation on Rubi-Ka.

Well yes that's true...of some of them. But Dad some of them are just plain ordinary people who want to just live their lives, just want to be left alone. But the corporation won't let them. It lumps them in with clans like the Sentinels who are all that you've feared. It hunts them, hounds them, won't leave the peaceful ones alone. And that's not right, Dad.

It's just not right.

I know what you're thinking now. Why didn't I just come home to Omni Prime, leave all the bloodshed and turmoil behind. Resume my nice, pampered SAFE life. I can't, Dad. For all the bloodshed, for all the turmoil, I've come to love Rubi-Ka. And I've come to love its people, Omni, clan and neutral. I can't walk away.

I redid my id to erase the name Anastasia Russi. After all it wasn't my real name anyway. I've kept my childhood nickname just varied the spelling again. Now it's Aniee. Your contacts will inform you of it soon enough so there's no use in trying to keep it from you. All I ask, all I BEG is that you look into what's really happening here on Rubi-Ka. Why did the Board of Directors order
    Philip Ross not to negotiate for peace? Why Dad? Did you approve? I like to think that you didn't but I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Dad,...I still love you. And I know that what I've done has been such a blow to you that you may never recover. You probably will never understand really why I did it.

Don't hate me...please.

Goodbye Dad.

Love, Aniee.

OOC

Nice to see a defection to Clans told in this manner. Good work.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

(OOC)

I'm glad you liked it. Now that I've given the IC explanation, this is the OOC explanation. Frankly my character Aenie was so darn gimped that it was getting painful to play her. So I decided to start over with a pure MA this time (Aenie was a doctor who used punch, brawl and Bird of Prey) and to pay more attention to IP and implants this time.

So for those of you who know Aenie, Aniee=Aenie.

Oh the change to clan? Both to advance my personal little history of Aenie/Aniee and also because for some reason I have come to know the clan areas better than the Omni ones (except for Omni-1).