Thread: Injustice: We must not give up, Down with the Clans!

Injustice: We must not give up, Down with the Clans!

*** ATTENTION ***
    *** ATTENTION ***

This is addressed to all Omni-Tek employees:

The time to organize is now. Stop laying down like lambs, stop accepting brutality and letting murderers dictate how you live. The time to fight back is now!

I have been an idle participant for too long. I have watched my fellow employees lose life, limb, and peace of mind to the clans. We cannot alllow this to continue. We must stop all trade with the clans, all formalities (NO! I will not "duel"! If you attack me you attack Omni-Tek as a whole!), and all communications. We must stand in the areas of conflict and prevent any clan entrance. And we must attack! Not two days ago I saw a massacre of unpresedented size occur in Omni-Tek's Trade district. What made it even worse was that all I could do was watch as vunerable guards were shot down by malcious clan members. I was constrained by the clanners explotation of the wonderous Omni-tek invention known as Suppression Gas. So I say if they commit these acts in one of our cities, let us attack ten of theirs is such a manner! We have the resources! We have the able bodies! What we need now is the will to stand up for our brave company!

So I invite you, my fellow Omni-Tek employees, to make a stand! I am no leader, I am no agent of change, I am a single voice that is crying for justice! And all that I ask is that you raise your voice in the same cry and together we may march across the sands of Rubi-Ka and forever rid this planet of all Clanners!

Signed,
    John Doe - A Proud Omni-Tek Employee

Angry So proud!

Originally posted by Bluemoon

Signed,
    John Doe - A Proud Omni-Tek Employee
    Yes, you are such a proud OT employee that you WON'T EVEN LIST YOUR NAME.

You're wise not to, being the author of such an inflammatory, war-mongering document. The way to peace is long, and hard. The chance for peace is not lost. Only buried while people on both sides of this conflict give in to the easy way.

I am not a pacifist. But I will not stand by and let an inhumane, irresponsible corporation dictate to the planet of my "birth" (If you could call it that.)

OT must make the Atrox a full breed. Only then will Sllaagor be content to lay down his arms.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Perspective

In the years since the Homo Atrox was patented, I've begun to wonder if their utility as miners is worth all the whining. For being such a big, strong product they seem to complain even more than the Homo Nano - and at least Homo Nanos have a point, being trapped on Rubi Ka forever, and being forced to compensate for their physical fragility by a (lets be frank) pathetic dependence on nanotechnology to have any usefulness at all.

Omni Tek makes few mistakes, but one of them was worrying so much about the ICC to the point that they allowed illegal workers' unions to form. The sad truth is that most clan sympathizers are just misguided youths who don't know any better and believe whatever their clan leader poisons their minds with. Conditions in the mines and in the cities were acclaimed by the ICC to be not simply humane, but outright luxurious for a mining colony on a desert wasteland planet. But the union leaders, who were certainly insurgents planted by Sol Banking the way I suspect the Dust Brigade will turn out to be, stirred up all this discontent and now, suddenly, Omni Tek is oppressing the poor Atrox. I'd as soon see the clan engineers set their pets free, or give them the ability to replicate unchecked. Not only is that a cruel thing to do to the well-meaning but simpleminded Atrox, it's certainly a poor business decision as well.
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

Interesting points, Dr. Firenza. As an engineer, I have never entirely understood the thinking about the decision to create Homo Atrox. We engineers can construct robots that are more reliable, more durable, more capable and cheaper than Atrox, and without all the undesirable side effects (like revolts against their benefactors).
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Ah, Mr. Punk, those are very good points too. But remember the Atrox were designed very early in the colonization process. As a geneticist I can say with some authority that in the beginning, it costs millions of credits per pound to build heavy duty labor bots from material that must be imported from offplanet, but it costs much less to grow your own workforce from dynamic DNA in the lab planetside. And indeed, Rubi-ka's wealth of notum is painfully offset by its almost total lack of any other resource besides oxidized silicon - what the worker professions call sand.

Atrox are still fairly cheap, even more so now because food is quite plentiful, but in today's Rubi-ka I believe you're right - the various non-AI workerbots not only don't revolt and don't hold ridiculous ideas about their 'rights', but they also last decades longer on their original powerplants and are cheaper to repair now than when the mine collapse cost us all that equipment years ago and set the Atrox off in the first place.

Then again, if it wasn't for the specialized breeds and their ability to be repaired in surgery, I'd have to look for another job. It seems a good discussion to expand, however - are the specialized breeds really worth it, or are we at a point where we should...'decommission' the Atrox, Opifex and Nano and rely on the efficiency and predictability of automatons?
    The doctor is not responsible for filing your insurance claim forms. Please see the front desk for further assistance.

Re: Perspective

Originally posted by Dr. Firenza

... and now, suddenly, Omni Tek is oppressing the poor Atrox. I'd as soon see the clan engineers set their pets free, or give them the ability to replicate unchecked. Not only is that a cruel thing to do to the well-meaning but simpleminded Atrox, it's certainly a poor business decision as well.
    "Suddenly"? The ICC's timeline of Rubi-Ka shows quite a few incidents of Atrox oppression. Besides, our oppression was complete when you created us as mules.

Just like a corporation ... giving the Atrox their true genetic heritage would be a good public-relations move as well as a morally correct choice ... but would cost OT money, therefore it is a "poor business decision". Profit is the bottom line. Bleed Rubi-Ka and its people dry, as long as you're in the black. You disgust me. Are you even human? Your long association with OT has eroded your morality, if you ever had morals to begin with.

Firenza, I recommend you change your tune. Your crimes and evil will surely rebound on you.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Sllaagor, Sllaagor, Sllaagor...

Listen, my noble broad-shouldered percheron of a friend...my point is simply this: The atrox were all perfectly content with their role until some loud-mouthed clan fools, likely under the accounting department of Sol Banking, started to stir them up and fill their heads (granted, that wouldn't take a great deal of time) with nonsense about 'freedom' and 'liberty'...

What is freedom, what is liberty? they are merely the inflammatory catch-phrases of those who would herd the weak-minded to their own ends and lead them astray from the truly good and useful activities of their lives. Instead of letting the Atrox mine and refine the essence of Rubi-ka's value, the beautiful soft blue notum crystals, they stomp around telling you you're being oppressed and lead thousands of you to your deaths in mine escapes and other ridiculous and pointless endeavors.

You could be soldiers of repute, you could be the best and most honest of policemen and public servants. You could even be bureaucrats of the sort to hand me orders to further manipulate the Atrox DNA chain and make it genetically dynamic and capable of reproducing. There are forums for such debate within Omni-Med and Omni-Tek as a whole; but you have been blinded like so many others by this leftist insurgency with its pretty words and long promises into thinking that somehow, by revolting from Omni-Med you can coerce us to change our policies to match yours.

In reality the simple fact that the clan believe a certain way is enough evidence for most OmniTek authorities to believe the opposite. If OmniTek Atrox put forth a good argument as to why we should weaken their beautifully stable (and patented) DNA, we would be able to listen and debate it out reasonably. But when Clan Atrox ask for anything, all I can say is, you walked away from your job and turned your back on those who depended on you, and the time for asking for anything is long past. I will not debate anything with an unreasonable party. Your DNA is solid and stable, you have strength and stamina far greater than mine because of how you were designed. Why can't you celebrate that instead of asking for still more and more?

If you want to partner with another Atrox, do so. If you hadn't left OmniTek, we could even have arranged for you and your partner to raise a young Atrox soon after its birth in the lab. That's more parenting than most Solitus get - half of us are born in the labs as well, you know, even though we are capable of reproducing without the help of a laboratory or an outpatient clinic of some kind. But I expect the clan medical facilities are much too primitive to manage something like that for you. That is to be expected, of course, as the clan leadership is made entirely of liars and delusional sociopaths. Rather than letting you ask for assistance from us, they instead scream in your face that you are to question everything OmniTek does - while at the same time never allowing you to question what THEY do, I expect.

I feel sorry for you, Sllaagor. I wish you could come to my offices in Omni HQ and let me just talk to you for a few hours over a nice pot of tea. I'm sure I could show you why we did the things we did, and even if you don't agree with them - and you're allowed to disagree with OmniTek, even though your clan would kick you out for disagreeing with them - at least you'd understand things a little better.