Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineer's, FC take a look!

Angry Engineer's, FC take a look!

Now before I start bragging I will have you know that I'm a lvl 114 engineer. These are just a couple of things I would really like funcom to consider, and MAYBEE repair.

First of all we completely suck at PVP. Why? Simple bots get rooted you get rooted, you get killed. About as simple as that. WE HAVE NO KNOWN NATURUAL DEFENSE AGAINST ROOTS. Nano resistance is for the craps. Why? It blocks maybee 1 out of every 10 roots if your lucky. AND if by chance that root gets blocked the caster just runs the root program again on you rooting you. It's almost pointles.

It's almost impossible for us to lvl, we have crap HP and crap AC, we have NO REAL dmg nano's. Our aura's are for crap and pointless. We have AC buffs, So what? We also havea large range of pistol buffs, who cares? And now that funcom has made a LARGE amount of places to hunt for +100 and above a political zone. You have made things EVEN worse for us. Why you ask? Simple because we suck at PVP.

We have no real money making buffs or tradeskills, so we have to rely on other means to get cash, for the love of god please fix this. Bots cost money and so do the nano's to build them!

Now that the slayer and some of the bots have been tweaked, (nerfed) we do less dmg then normal. We don't even have a helper bot to repair our robots or anything. Again almost pointless, and if by chance our bot dies, you better hope to god you have a spare in your inven, because the bots take forever to run (cast) to create. Now even if you do run the shell and launch the bot, you better hope to god that the thing aggro's your bot and not you. Cause your gonna die.

--------------------------------------------
    Thing to consider or maybee fix, add, etc...

-Add another aura or deflection nano that allows us to deflect roots or something, or at least give us a team buff that deflects roots or something.
    -If the top one is not applicable then give us damn roots also, or even better a scare nano that makes the user run around like mad.
    -Give us a helper bot that can repair our bots, like a probe or something
    -for the love of god take a look at our nano's, and consider the application of most. We never use around 70% of our nano's.
    -You would think if we could create bots, why then can't we create tiny bots that create dmg to the target (AKA Dmg nanobots). I mean it would make complete sense.
    -For the love of all that is mighty give other effects to our AC buffs.
    if you can, that way you don't have to create a new nano line.
    -STOP nerfing our bots, I mean really! MP pets do WAY more dmg then our bots. It's about the only weapon we have so stop nerfing them.
    -Whoopie-do we can do missions now. Yeah but now the stupid missions terminals give the same items as rewards if you put it at the greatest setting. I did this for one hour on different terminals and kept getting the same weapons as rewards. I finally gave up and left.
    -Why the frig does the warbot do melee if it has a gun? Here's a thought add some other nano effects to our bots or something.
    -Oh joy we can build brains now to increase sense, Whoopie freaking do. We RARELY use anything that has to do with sense. Another pointless trade skill item unless it is engineer only, and we can sell them to other class's.

Trust me there is more, but I don't have the time to say anything. Oh I play a burecrat and an MA also, and let me tell you Burecrats and MA's have some SERIOUS problems also.
    -Derkyle Rubi-ka 1 Engineer

For the idiot gamer who cries about OE (Over Equipping), go play this instead:
    The game that does all the thinking for you! C'mhere idiot gamers! It's so easy even a moron can do it. Just run the game and THAT's it. It's like, "Set it and Forget it". You will gain levels instantly without you even paying attention!

Roots (assuming they weren't bugged slightly) are one of the most powerful deals in the game (speaking general level, not high level). Depending on profession, Ransack/Deprive combo is, too... as a Doc/MA, I get screwed both ways.

There are a lot of spells in AO, but very, very few spell counters, besides the IP sinks that I frankly can't afford unless I started as a Shotgun Doc (ugh).
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

PvP

I am a lvl 144 Engi

And all i noticed about PvP is you cant PvP without a root nano.
    If you dont have a root nano you have to be some lvls higher and a weapon with FullAuto and Burst so you can kill before the other ppl can run away.

The only chance for an Engi in PvP is to send the bot on the target and run out of sight of the target (and then just hope your bot can kill the target)

Guns on bots - what a concept

As you pointed out, Derkyle, the warbot is rendered with a big friggin gun, why doesn't it actually have one? Guns on bots! An idea whose time has come!
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

You mean... put a gun... on a vehicle? That can't POSSIBLY be done! No one has EVER mounted a big gun on a vehicle and had any effect.

*cough*
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Bump

Bump

The game that does all the thinking for you! C'mhere idiot gamers! It's so easy even a moron can do it. Just run the game and THAT's it. It's like, "Set it and Forget it". You will gain levels instantly without you even paying attention!

re

Yeah, I think you should make Engineers better in PVP, the minute you remove their ability to super buff huge QL bots on.

You are aware that there is something called robot-heal nanos?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: re

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    Yeah, I think you should make Engineers better in PVP, the minute you remove their ability to super buff huge QL bots on.
    i don't know about the rest of engineers but i can't buff out huge QL bots. I have to beg MPs and traders to buff any decent bot. And no doubt you will be using your top QL weapon long before i am using my ql189 slayer. I think we need to remove your ability to over equip as well then.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

hummm

now, the way i see it, certain professions are weak against certain other professions in pvp, FC wanted to create a paper, scissors, stone kinda thingy.

i'd guess that pet professions are weak against rooters or charmers. this is good. because enforcers, soldiers, etc are weak against pet professions. see?

i see from the original poster that you would like DD nanos, more shields, scares, roots, another bot, more powerful bots. can i just say "hahahahaa" thanks.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

sorry disagree eng bots hit slow and not very hard. enforcer vs engie engie will die long before enforcer does.

eng bots are good don't get me wrong but solely good for PvM. the MP bot outdamages a equal lvl eng bot but has way less MP which makes it more vulnerable in soloing.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Angry Bump

Bump

Pet heal or also called Bot Heal Nano's require engies to raise an extremely dark blue skill called Bio Meta, complete waste of IP unless they made that skill greyish or cyan to us. That is whay I mentioned that if we had a heal bot we wouldn't have to have to raise that skill SO much to be able to use robot heals.

this is a reply to WGMelchior

Also a bump lol

Heh, tell me about dark blue skills. I've raised MA, brawl and dimach a fair bit, and I still don't have any real trouble with IP at level 88.

Metas already have healpets which can heal bots, and they combined are very powerful (almost too powerful). Bots already regenerate fast enough, and have high HPs. If you would combine that, then bots would have almost no weaknesses.
    *poof*

I have no place in this issue, just wanted to point out that Ymodem (Windowlicker) is a 112 adv using a 177 pistol and some other lower pistol.

An equal lvl eng (112) would easily be able to get out a 189 slayer with help of course. Granted, it would take a bit of buff-searching, but it is fairly possible.

I dont think engs are any good at pvp, well thats mainly because I am NT and can root your bot, against others I dont know.

Crap HP... so do all Nano breeds, NTs too.

I dont know how you do your hunting for XP, but I know engs that can solo Aces...
    NT phone HOME!!

Heal nano's Reply

Yes we have nanos that Heal our bots. I can live with raising a dark blue skill. BUT NOT THE 2MILL CREDITS IT TOOK ME TO BUILD THE LOWEST QL ROBOT HEAL BECAUSE THESE NANOS ARE NOT SOLD IN STORES.
    thank you that is all

Why build them? They come as crystals from missions, you know.
    *poof*

Re: Heal nano's Reply

Originally posted by fRoStByTe
    Yes we have nanos that Heal our bots. I can live with raising a dark blue skill. BUT NOT THE 2MILL CREDITS IT TOOK ME TO BUILD THE LOWEST QL ROBOT HEAL BECAUSE THESE NANOS ARE NOT SOLD IN STORES.
    thank you that is all
    im a fixer, i can live with raising 6 dark blue nano skills, and none of our new stuff is found in stores, we have to hunt for it, see grid armour. 22 mill for the disk only.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Unhappy Bump

Bump

bots with no weaknesses my ACCEE... try root bot, kill engi... simple as that, they have the range of a one legged rabid racoon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast