Thread: Amnesty Shmamnesty

Exclamation Amnesty Shmamnesty

It goes without saying that the clans should stop fighting amongst each other and turn our energy toward a common goal. Some say we have a common goal: We fight to gain our freedom from OMNI-TEK... I disagree. I say that when each of us left OMNI-TEK in the first place we gained our freedom, and every child born in a clan occupied territory was born free. This very freedom is the sole purpose of life outside of OMNI-TEK. Any fighting of OMNI-TEK other than fighting with the purpose of protecting that freedom is counter productive. What are we trying to accomplish by raiding 2HO or any other OMNI-TEK controlled cities? The raids always end with the same result. The endless supply of OMNI-TEK guards eventually take out most of the clan presence, and any remaining clansmen eventually get bored and leave or are attacked by numerous OMNI-TEK employees. These actions only fuel OMNI-TEK's desire to remove our freedom. I don’t necessarily think it is in the clan's best interest to initiate battles, because if it is the clan’s goal to live on a peaceful planet, we should do the best we can to make it that way, but there has yet to be a true offering of peace by wither OMNI-TEK or the clans alike.

Do not mistake OMNI-TEK's recent policy of amnesty as a peace offereing. Although this amnesty offers clan members great freedom for travel and exploration, it also carries the underlying message that 'The Great and All Powerful OMNI-TEK' is wise and good hearted enough to forgive us clan members for OUR wrong doings. Acknowledgement alone of this amnesty is admittance to the universe that we are out of line in our opposition to OMNI-TEK. My belief is that it wont be long until OMNI-TEK removes its policy of amnesty, and returns to business as usual... killing clansmen on sight. Most likely OMNI-TEK will say that it has given plenty of time for any clansmen to repent and offer allegiance to OMNI-TEK, and that any remaining clansmen will be dealt with accordingly. Sound familiar? It should, kill on sight is our current policy toward OMNI-TEK employees.

This brings me back to my initial point of the clans' lack of unity. It is obvious that with the policy of amnesty, OMNI-TEK has declared political and psychological war on clansmen, and we have absolutely no way of fighting back. We cannot win a political war without a political body to represent us! As of yet, we have used our precious freedom only to fight amongst ourselves, let alone organizing any true clan representation. I believe that The Council of Truth can be the answer to our lack of unity, but their failure to give a timely response to ANYTHING makes them practically useless. They sit behind closed doors while clan leaders argue over what action to take. All the while OMNI-TEK is clouding clansmens' minds with offers of forgiveness.

As a final note, think about this… Violence cannot win a war in a land where death is not permanent.

Independant Clansman
    Carthief

Do not speak of your Clan unity while this pathetic and ill-conceived amnesty remains in force, as you will need all the unity you can muster to defend yourselves from Omni revenge when the amnesty ends. Philip Ross is a fool if he thinks the Omni faithful have fallen for his simplistic, and many say treasonable, attempt to placate the Clanners.
    Loyal Omni citizens should remember that Clanners continue to camp the grids and murder innocent people at the same time as they are allowed total freedom to walk our lands unmolested.
    Omni Inquisition will never forget how Philip Ross has betrayed his own people by becoming a Clan puppet. Despite the puerile babblings of the traitor Ross, we shall continue to defend the true path of Omni by executing all Clanners on sight, by whatever means necessary. The only amnesty we need with Clanners is an amnesty with their dead bodies.
    SIsTeRs.oF.eVIL
    A band of psycho renegade techno-nun disco-enthusiasts, working on the extreme boundaries of respectable behaviour in OMNI INQUISITION.

Not correct Virindi
    True amnesty will occur only when, we have killed all of the rebel scum and that fool Ross along with them. Then even before their bodies begin to break down. We erase their genetic code from the reclaim terminals, thus freeing our beloved Rubi-ka from their foul stench and polluted minds.

Loyal Omni Nano-Technician

Note to Archameades:

Up the dose on your medication, you're foaming at the mouth again.

Any body ever tell you that you work for a Corporation in what is hopefully a rational universe? Honestly, sentiment like yours is the throwback behavior that needs purging from a civilized society.

I must say, based on what I have observed of omni, people are often killed for even thinking much less than that, Virindi and Archameades. You serve a slave corporation after all, dont you? And I do agree wiht Carthief. As of now, most clanners are nothing more than bickering children. Perhaps when some1 makes sense, there will be much fewer neutrals....