Thread: A.R.K is broken

A.R.K is broken

I've given myself a full 12hrs to calm down, and I'm not even going to use names.
    I spent half an hour metting up with my team mates, then half an hour waiting for them to get buffs and wrangles so we could head out. 1 hour total. We go killing for 20 minutes and the get ourselves transported back to the reclaim terminal via some guards that are supposedly on our side, but just decided that today they might switch teams.
    So i try to stay cool, and send off a petition (something I've never really felt the need for before), not because of the xp (52K) but the time involved and the cirumstances in which our deaths were brought about.
    After waiting, and waiting, and waiting........ I get a Macro response, along the lines or 'thank you and please come again'.
    I lose my temper.
    It happens.
    After a few curt words, an A.R.K shows up to tell me nothing can be done, that funcom know about the problem, and that everything will be alright after the next patch.
    Yeah right.
    I asked to speak to someone in charge..... I'm told that either i can email funcom, or talk to him.
    At the end of this discussion, I finally realise the horrible truth. I'm talking to nothing but a greeter. No power to do anything, just sit there and talk to you ( for which the macro response was even more of a slap in the face).
    Do away with arks and slap a few banners round the place, and dont think that just because you lose a few xp and a couple of hours, you shouldnt be reimbursed for your problems.
    Guards killing players for no reason sucks.
    It causes the level of fun in the game to decrease rapidly.
    The fact that noone could be arsed to help you out when it does happen is even worse.
    I'd rather just get a automatic response, than the one key stroke macro it takes for an A.R.K to bother replying to you.
    They have no more power that a level 1 newb in trade, and they certainly are just as effective.
    So next time something goes wrong with your pal, let him rant to you and you can sing the praises of Funcom, like they were jesus. Cause at least it'll be from someone they know, and not a wannabe lost in game mechanics rather than real life.
    I am A.R.K......yeah so?
    Last edited by Haulerhogg; Feb 8th, 2002 at 10:07:36.

Yup , those guys are pretty useless. the only thing they do is calming you from your anger....

i hate the standard auto reply and try to provoke a bit, then they show up. but only 1 time from about 50 petitions a GM came and really unstucked my pet in a mission..

ARKs are useless.....