Thread: Increase in new players...or is everyone re-rolling?

Question Increase in new players...or is everyone re-rolling?

Just starting a new MP character...never had a pet class before...it is looking to be quite good.

Anyways...in OT backyard (not sure which one) is it absolutly packed with loads of new characters. So...why is this? Are they new players or is everyone re-rolling.

I have spoken to some of them...some are new players, the rest won't bother answering me. So maybe that is my answer Perhaps everyone has had enough of the bugs and given up prefering to start again.

Smile R U Nubi?

After dealing with my seemingly "gimped" Adventurer, I started a new Adventurer [at that time I was not aware of the "Uber" Armor bug of human NPC's]. Anyways in the backyard I discovered about 2 dozen "nubi's" hunting. After listening to many of them in the OCC channel I figure it was half and half, half like me had rerolled characters and the rest were genuine new players. I suspect alot who started new characters like me assumed we made some kind of critical skill mistake not knowing Funcom introduced a new bug in the 13.0 patch. Oh well, actually having fun with the new char. so maybe it will work out anyways!

Post Lots of rerolls

Just talk to them. Most of them know too much about the game to be noobs. But hey, what is wrong with that? You do get 16 characters.

I think i was in the middle of posting on this when the power went out this morning so i shall say again

In 13.0 the patched it so that new characters arrive only in the first backyard in each zone. for example only in tir backyard 1 instead of usually alternating between all the backyards. like 2, 3, 4, ..... Check it out for yourself 20 people in tir backyard 0 in 2, 3, 4....

The only reason they ever needed more then 1 was for the first few days of the original release when hundreds or more people were populating the backyads or however many people originally played. I am relatively new to the game so i have been trying many different race/proffesion combos and before 13.0 believe me you were lucky if you had one other person in the backyard with you. Hurt the networking abilities for the newbies so i think the change is a great idea.

I have my eight char slot filled now...

I think that gives you nice estimate of how many are real njoobs

Seriously though, from my new njoob parties about half are real njoobs or claim so, others are 2nd or up to 8th char on a way...

Zarch and bunch of other chars

108 agent, 79 nt, 59 enf, 53 eng, 40 sol, 7 MA, 3 MP, 1 Crat

PS. You see the secondaries usually from the fact that they do 2x the damage the newbis do and have best armor and nanos the money can buy and dont even bother to loot (whats the point of looting QL 1-50 equipment from mobs when you have 5M money on that char?).

Unhappy

kanuck has a good point about the lack of backyard networking opportunities for tru nubi's, but this mass spawn in a single backyard depopulates the other cities - i grew up a rome blue girl, and i remember the swarms of people that used to be there (granted that was in the before time - in the long long ago, much before the first great exodus that was 12.6). Course, way back then, rome was a city of nubi's and the sight of anyone over 50 was something.

I've run through blue a few times in the last couple days and it looks like a ghost town - forget rome green. I have no real objections to reducing the number of backyards, but it'd be nice if they mixed up the cities a bit. if no one spawns there anymore, rome might just as well be closed until they open up the surrounding playfields; galway county is just as accessible if not more so from the galway grid term and the whompa in galway castle.

i guess the concept is to cram as many people as possible into the same starting city. thats good - anything to increase the lag in omni-1 and tir, i guess.