Thread: Shipping and handeling

Shipping and handling

"Bloody atroxes! We're behind schedule already and the last thing I need is to miss our window! Can you please, and I'm begging you here, please get these crates loaded in a timely manner?" said the man sitting on the side of the flatbed.
    He was wearing what had probably started the day as a sharply pressed Miir suit, but after the majority of a day spent in the Newland desert the suit was looking more than a little forlorn, soaked in sweat and caked in dust, the sharp creases more like soggy wrinkles with a patina of khaki dust settling in the dampest spots, dulling the maroon color.
    The suit looked about as good as he felt, the comedown from the stims he had taken hours before was just starting to kick in thought the fading fog of endorphin analog, and with the weight of reality came the knowlege that if this shipment didn't get to Borialis he would be stuck in some highly inhospitible terrain with several thousand highly illigal and highly profitable Sol Banking Corporation weapons.
    His contacts in Sol had informed him, a few weeks past, of a shipment of weapons that was to be "lost" in transit, only to be found again in a crashed automated freighter in the mddle of the god-forsaken desert. Apparently some heavys on Rubi-Ka wanted some serious hardware, heavys with enough clout to pull strings with Sol. It was no small matter for an Omni-Tek executive to traffic 300 million credits worth of highly illegal mechandise, but it was a risk he was willing to take.
    Last edited by Aimes; Feb 20th, 2003 at 18:28:38.

(OOC)

I think the idea of illegal activity like arms/stim dealers on Rubi-Ka has a lot of potential but it's an angle I haven't seen used too much so I decided to write this to maybe kinda get something started. It's by no means a finished product, just kind of brainstorming at this point. I'll be updating this story as I go along, I don't know what to think about it yet, but maybe it has potential, who knows. As that is the case I'd appreciate any input you have on it.

Thanks
    -Shuld

(/OOC)

Shipping and handling -2

The plan was decidedly brilliant, and with 90 million credits tax free at stake, the risk was an acceptable one. All he'd have to do is get the shipment to Borialis, he would not be stopped by the ICC peacekeepers as the convoy vehicles were marked as an ICC maintence crew sent to repair a failure in a minor backup system in the whompa network, nothing too serious but the very suggestion of a failure in the whompas would force a shutdown, the idea of passengers being stuck in limbo for eternity in the event of a catastrophic systems crash was so horrifying that the all precautions would be taken.
    The man on the inside, the man who would engeneer the systems failure went by the handle Action Jack. Jack was to first and formost enter the whompa control system via a terminal in a secondary Borialis waste management facility using a custom made virus program written especially for the occasion. Once inside he would simulate the systems failure raising code red alerts from Omni-1 to Avalon. The whompa controller AI would immidiately send out a request for assistence to the nearest maintenence crew, however the virus program would shunt the request to a dummy account on a no questions asked gridmail service. The transmission of the request for assistance would be the convoy's signal to move. They would transmit a reply to Borialis reporting that they had recived the message and were enroute to fix the whompa system.

Shipping and handling -3

Upon arriving in Borialis the convoy would load the crates into the whompa where the virus program would reroute them through an arcane series of switchbacks depositing them eventually in an undisclosed loacation. Action Jack would terminate the program and the convoy would exit the city. Upon the arrival of the crates all parties involved would find a substantial increase in their bank accounts. If executed as planned all would go without anyone knowing they were even there.
    The sweaty man on the side of the flatbed ran the plan over and over through his head as he watched the atroxes unload the crashed freighter, his tirade seems to have some effect on them as the convoy vehicles were nearly loaded now. With Intern-Ops activity picking up as of late he didn't like not knowing who he was smuggling to, but with the kind of money he was offered he knew better than to ask questions. In all probability it was going to some clan faction or another but he really didn't care, it wasn't the first time he had sold anything to the clans. Despite the fact that he didn't know where the stuff was going he knew that he was working with a good crew, he knew that much. he had been given the plan his contacts in Sol however he was charged with the supervision of the operation and the selection of the operatives. He had seven other people on his team not including the eight atroxes loading the convoy vehicles and Action Jack who should be ready to send his signal at any moment.

Lightbulb Good Ideas Here

OOC:
    Some good ideas here. I think this is an angle which deserves some more attention from an RP point of view.

One of my creations, Fatozzie, is envisioned as a smuggler. Why not send a /tell and we'll see what we can come up with?