Thread: OOC: RP and Tower Attacks

OOC: RP and Tower Attacks

The Nanomage Liberation Front occasionally attacks towers for RP reasons. Usually the defenders don't bite our RP but yesterday was different. During Opperation Adustum we spotted Obsidian Orders Towers. They were Vulnerable to attack so we decided to clear them. The suppression gas was at %5 and 20mins from 100% so we knew we weren't going to be able to Destroy the whole structure, but hopefully against all odds maybe an interesting conflict would emerge. When OO defenders arived it was like any other battle, not many words were spoken, all were too busy fighting. Only one member of OO decided to trash talk but stopped once he hit reclaim (grats Areezz, for a PvP noob your pretty good). Anyway once the tower gas went to 100% I returned from my own trip to reclaim (my alt is a Doctor named Charthos and he is in no way a Twink heh I have no patience for twinking I'd rather be RPing) and to my surprise Obsidian Order listened to our RP reasons for attacking and bit the story a bit. What a refreshing change from the usual "you are such a gimp" "we OWNZE JOO" crap you usually see. I think there is a lot of potential in NW if you try. Thanks OO for making that attack worthwile and remember it isn't persontal it's a ROLE PLAYING GAME . I look forward to making more in character enemies and even friends too! Have fun everyone and if you can don't forget who you are when attacking and defending!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

we had similar responses with Mea Culpa when we dropped shields and 'bombed' some towers at the same instance. Surprisingly people are kind of reasonable when not being insulted or being treated like an idiot

edit - and i agree there is potential in NW beyond simple tower ganking, eg the environment issue we of DW push, the ICC conspiracy etc etc. Ridhogg in my guild once said, the tower should be part of the event, perhaps the culmination but should not be the event. Those words are very true.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Feb 19th, 2003 at 21:28:17.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends